Heroic Dogs - Page 2

Heroic Dogs

This is a discussion on Heroic Dogs within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; We had a Siberian, who interceded and saved a girl (9) from a unknown man who was trying to kidnap and force her into his ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Heroic Dogs

We had a Siberian, who interceded and saved a girl (9) from a unknown man who was trying to kidnap and force her into his car. After the dog (all 80-85 lbs) initially jumped from a dead run into the middle of the guy's chest knocking him flat ... as he was dragging the screaming girl to his car, he still continued his efforts (several times) to grab the girl . The Siberian would not let him near her, and even more adamantly let him know it wasn't happening. After the dog chunked into his calf and would not let go of him, he dragged the dog attached to his leg some 60 ft to get back to his car and escape. The girl held onto the dog and walked to the nearest school with him along for protection, where the police were called.

They wanted to give him an award, etc...... but we declined it. I told them, he already knows "he did good" and he's was going to be getting 'special food' for quite awhile for doing it.... but ... he just saw it as "his job".

When my father had a heart attack and fell to the floor @ home, and a neighbor checking on him found him, his Mastiff layed across his chest and was not letting "anyone" near him. She knew her owner was in trouble and protecting him. I ironically was headed to see my father when I got the call, rushed to the house, and when I walked in I saw fireman, EMT & the policemen personnel all standing there at bay..... and her letting them know where the boundary line was. When she saw me and I called her name, she got up and went with me while they checked him out. It was obvious that he was deceased.

One of my present dogs, has alerted me now 3 times in the middle of the night when someone was trying to break into the house.

They are all heros.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    We had a Siberian, who interceded and saved a girl (9) from a unknown man who was trying to kidnap and force her into his car. After the dog (all 80-85 lbs) initially jumped from a dead run into the middle of the guy's chest knocking him flat ... as he was dragging the screaming girl to his car, he still continued his efforts (several times) to grab the girl . The Siberian would not let him near her, and even more adamantly let him know it wasn't happening. After the dog chunked into his calf and would not let go of him, he dragged the dog attached to his leg some 60 ft to get back to his car and escape. The girl held onto the dog and walked to the nearest school with him along for protection, where the police were called.

They wanted to give him an award, etc...... but we declined it. I told them, he already knows "he did good" and he's was going to be getting 'special food' for quite awhile for doing it.... but ... he just saw it as "his job".

When my father had a heart attack and fell to the floor @ home, and a neighbor checking on him found him, his Mastiff layed across his chest and was not letting "anyone" near him. She knew her owner was in trouble and protecting him. I ironically was headed to see my father when I got the call, rushed to the house, and when I walked in I saw fireman, EMT & the policemen personnel all standing there at bay..... and her letting them know where the boundary line was. When she saw me and I called her name, she got up and went with me while they checked him out. It was obvious that he was deceased.

One of my present dogs, has alerted me now 3 times in the middle of the night when someone was trying to break into the house.

They are all heros.
    Thanks for sharing those stories, eagle...

They can be miracles on 4 legs...
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

great stories, makes me miss my aussie more and more.

Great article, thanks mate!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links