Doomsday shows making us look bad?

This is a discussion on Doomsday shows making us look bad? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; All the shows that are coming out about doomsday. I think they are making us look bad. The shows are painting gun owners as a ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Doomsday shows making us look bad?

All the shows that are coming out about doomsday. I think they are making us look bad. The shows are painting gun owners as a bunch of parinoid nuts that are hoarding weapon.

There was another thread about this recently. I think they make us look bad, so does my brother Darrell and my other brother Darrell.
    And you know I could have me a million more friends, and all I'd have to lose is my point of view. -- John Prine (A Good Time)

Senior Moderator
    Really, truly, I could care less.

It's TV.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

I can look bad all by myself. I don't need the help. Three out of the four voices in my head agree with you.

I am watching, hoping to learn something: mostly it's what NOT to do.
    Rock and Glock likes this.

I agree it's tv but you have ignorant people watching this and grouping all gun owners in one group, and that gives us a bad reputation in the eyes of the public.

Come on. Its TV.....Watch and enjoy.
    ErnieNWillis likes this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Quote Originally Posted by AustinS View Post
    I think they are making us look bad. The shows are painting gun owners as a bunch of parinoid nuts that are hoarding weapon.
    Very few shows have EVERY done anything else,,,,, so this is nothing NEW.

VIP Member
    To quote a line from the character Monte Walsh, "You don't know how little I care."
    HotGuns likes this.

I love the one with the cucumbers. If the world melts down in the next 12 hours you'll have enough food for atleast a week! I think your over prepared! I have my own tomato farm, oh yeah, I have my own AR-15 and I'll make you an offer you cant refuse. Sorry, I watched the Godfather today, I couldnt stop myself.

Nope your just a "paranoid nut"

Every group seems to worry how TV shows make them look to folks outside their group. I remember some minor protest when the Godfather came out. How it was stereotyping certain ethnic groups. Have even seen some protest in past years my American Indian groups opposed to how the movies have portrayed them. Same with homosexuals. Seems everyone has a gripe about how they are shown on TV.
    These groups need to realize that these are not real. They are entertainment.

The latest protest I have heard about is where a large group of loyal democratic voters in Chicago are coming out to protest the AMC show "The Walking Dead". They claim the show portrays all dead people as killers when actually they are a quiet peaceful group who wish to remain unnoticed. A leader of the group was quoted as saying "We don't want to hurt no one, we only want to come out and vote now and then."

Michael

Hey...no one asked them to share their fears, as long as no one interfeares with me.. so be it. I'll watch.
    Why?? Because at the last second, the Police are minutes away.

That show has got to be a fake. Did you see the one with the Tranny that had a few cans of soup stashed around his/her house? What a joke. It seems that every episode they try and belittle the prepper in a offhanded and slight way.

First and foremost a true prepper would never go on TV and tell the world what they have, where it is stored and how they protect it.
    JDE101 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    The latest protest I have heard about is where a large group of loyal democratic voters in Chicago are coming out to protest the AMC show "The Walking Dead". They claim the show portrays all dead people as killers when actually they are a quiet peaceful group who wish to remain unnoticed. A leader of the group was quoted as saying "We don't want to hurt no one, we only want to come out and vote now and then."

Michael
    Coffee just came out of my nose.
    WD54241 likes this.
    And you know I could have me a million more friends, and all I'd have to lose is my point of view. -- John Prine (A Good Time)

The whole point of TV is to try to make someone, somewhre, somehow, look bad. I rarely watch the idiot box anymore. Just Tuesdays at 10:00 pm on FX. Since I lived in rural Kentucky at one time, I can honestly attest to the fact that it isn't too far off the mark...just a little embelished for the entertainment factor.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links