NRA Lifetime Member

This is a discussion on NRA Lifetime Member within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I've been an NRA member for several years. I usually do a 2 year renewel. I never could justify coming up with $1000 for the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: NRA Lifetime Member

NRA Lifetime Member

I've been an NRA member for several years. I usually do a 2 year renewel. I never could justify coming up with $1000 for the lifetime with all the other expenses that I've had. Today I went to a hunting expo and they had it reduced to $750...still a big nut. Not to mention I had received letters in the mail offering it for $600. Then the lovely lady tells me that my cc can be billed $25 quarterly for 7&1/2 years......well sign me up.

I'm finally a lifetime member and it feels pretty cool.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

2. Remove Ads

Congrats and welcome to the club. Oh, and get ready for the junk mail you will be inundated with asking for more money. Gotta take the bad with the good I suppose.

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    Congrats and welcome to the club. Oh, and get ready for the junk mail you will be inundated with asking for more money. Gotta take the bad with the good I suppose.

Michael
    Thank you. I was already receiving a lot of mail from them. I guess it's gonna get worse. I also get a bunch of mail from St Jude, Disabled Vets, HSUSA and whoever else I make donations to. If I can, I always send something.
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by NY27 View Post
    I never could justify coming up with $1000 for the lifetime
    $1000 WOW!! Sometimes it's good to be old. I got mine for $100, of course that was in the 1960's.

Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

VIP Member
    I got mine for $300 last week.
    StevenA likes this.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post

Michael
    You can opt out of the extra promotional mailings. All you have to do is send an email to "membership@nrahq.org" asking to be added to the "DO NOT PROMOTE" list. Include your name and NRA number. They responded to me the next day and guess what? No more NRA junk mail!
    NRA MEMBER
    EDC: Beretta Nano

VIP Member
    There is a little more to my story than I mentioned in the price. A friend of mine who I teach the Ohio/Michigan class with is a life member. I asked him awhile ago if he had heard about a friends/family $300 membership. He had not, but assured me he would look into it. I heard nothing, so a couple weeks ago, I did my $25 annual renewal online with a credit card. The very next day, he called me with the info on the $300 lifetime deal. I called the NRA membership department, and not only did they give me that price, they credited my previous $25 payment. I got all the credentials last week, so it is legit.
    Tuco

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    It's called "Easy PayLife" That's how I got my Life membership. They had it back in the late 80's, that's when I did it.
    You are only considered an annual member until the entire amount has been paid. Then they send all your Life Member stickers and pinsand card.

I hadn't heard of what "Mike1956" is talking about...you might want to check on that...a heck of a deal!
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I just reup'd for a two year stint about six months ago. I think I'm still going to do the Lifer thing next year.
    NRA MEMBER
    EDC: Beretta Nano

VIP Member
    The NRA does some good things. That said, there is NO WAY that I'd give them permission to tap my credit card.

Professional, organized & competent are all things that the NRA cannot be accused of.

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    The NRA does some good things. That said, there is NO WAY that I'd give them permission to tap my credit card.

Professional, organized & competent are all things that the NRA cannot be accused of.
    Considering how long they have been around, how many members they have, how much money they collect and how much influence they have....I would say they are very well organized and managed.
    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk
    To sit back hoping that someday, some way, someone will make things right is to go on feeding the crocodile, hoping he will eat you last - but eat you he will.
    Ronald Reagan

There was a post here about two years ago. Lifetime membership was the $300.00 if any member here would not mind calling for me and "sponsor" me. I would sign up. Please send me a PM .

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by HKinNY View Post
    There was a post here about two years ago. Lifetime membership was the $300.00 if any member here would not mind calling for me and "sponsor" me. I would sign up. Please send me a PM .
    And here it is!!!!
    I doubt anyone here would use their credit card to pay for a another members membership to be reimbursed however if so let me know, Paypal could be an option to repay also.I would have no problem doing that.

NRA Lifetime Membership for $300, save $700 now
    This offer is available OVER THE PHONE ONLY

You have to be a life member to give a gift life membership.

Telephone. 877-672-2008, or 877-672-2000, and press 3 for life member dept.
    Specifically ask for the Gift Membership Program

Give them your Life Membership Number, give them the name(s) of the people you want to "Gift" a membership, give them your credit card number, and the name(s) and address of the person(s) you are Gifting.

Deadline is 8/12/08

The gift certificates will be mailed out to the new member. The new member just fills it out and mail it back to NRA.

It's a full life membership

Current membership cost is $1000, so this gift program saves $700 over the price of a regular life membership.

If you are a Life Member, you can give a gift life membership to anyone, not just a spouse

Deadline is 8/12/08
    This offer is available OVER THE PHONE ONLY

Wow! I feel a whole lot better now
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    From the NRA Website:
    "It is back: NRA Lifetime Memberships $300
    Three possible ways to qualify:
    1. Retired Veteran
    2. Disabled Veteran
    3. Be referred by a current lifetime member.
    4. NRA Life Members can sign up "family members and relatives" for Life Membership for $300 each.
    5. All thay have to do is to call the NRA at 1-800-672-3888
    6. Press 3 for the lifetime dept.
    Or you can call the NRA Tell them a relative suggested you upgrade to a lifetime membership for $300.
    Give them the referring relative lifetime member's NRA #, give them your NRA info, give them your credit card info."
    StevenA and msgt/ret like this.
    Tuco

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links