Anarchy in Motown
This is a discussion on Anarchy in Motown within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; DETROIT - It’s anarchy.
Here are the major stories out of Detroit. And that’s just this week .
• A 14-year-old blows his mother’s head ...
March 3rd, 2012 05:56 PM
Anarchy in Motown
DETROIT - It’s anarchy.
Here are the major stories out of Detroit. And that’s just this week.
• A 14-year-old blows his mother’s head off because she won’t let him go out with his friends.
• Two 15-year-old boys go on a carjacking spree and shoot-up a six year old in the back seat of a car.
• Two bodies are dumped in an alley on the southwest side. They are bound and gagged, their throats slit. The absence of law is so obvious, the perpetrator feels comfortable enough to light them on fire in public.
• Two women were kidnapped and thrown in the back of a trunk following a gun fight. They are still missing. The main suspect went to turn himself in at the Sixth Precinct and had to wait while the police unlocked the front door.
• An 86-year-old man was carjacked at a west side gas station in the middle of daylight. He was brutalized, his leg broken. As he crawled toward the door, people walked around him like he was so much garbage.
• The police – decimated by cutbacks -- still have no one in custody, two weeks after a 9-month old was killed in a drive-up shooting. The gunman unloaded 37-rounds from an AK-47 assault rifle. The motive, it is believed, springs from an argument at a baby shower. Filling the police void to find the killer is a group of men, The Detroit 300, who working on a tip, marched a crowd up, down and through a neighborhood -- shining lights in strange people’s windows.
Time to call in the National Guard.
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.” - Ben Franklin
March 3rd, 2012 06:04 PM
Coming to a neighborhood near you. Miami can tell when the sun goes down by the increase in the sound of automatic gunfire.
Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776
Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
-Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95
March 3rd, 2012 06:18 PM
As I understand it, the state will be stepping in soon. Hope they can clean it up....
Don"t let stupid be your skill set....
Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......
March 3rd, 2012 06:34 PM
I believe the FBI has formed some kind of joint taskforce with the DPD. It remains to be seen if it actually does any good. I think Detroit is too far gone.
Originally Posted by Harryball
Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
March 3rd, 2012 07:43 PM
This is why many folks don't want a light rail system that stretches from Detroit out to their neighborhood. It would just be a mass-transit system for Detroits thugs, rapists and murderers.
March 3rd, 2012 08:02 PM
Not to worry, here in my hometown, we get many of Detroit's finest phamaceutical specialists coming in to help with the demand for the product.
They also import much of the violence associated with said trade. In fact, 9 out of every 10 that are busted by the HPD, hail from this fair city and it's surrounding boroughs, usually armed with the appropriate weapon.
I don't have to go to Detroit to see them, I just have to go to certain areas and see all I want.
"A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"
The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green
March 4th, 2012 02:49 AM
Is there a bag limit for unlicensed pharmacists? Do you have to throw them back if they are above a certain weight or still have most of thier teeth?
March 4th, 2012 03:29 AM
March 4th, 2012 04:42 AM
I think Detroit took the crown from St. Louis.
“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”
– Benjamin Franklin
March 4th, 2012 05:28 AM
It's not really getting better anywhere, it just seems to really get going in the larger cities. Especially those hardest hit by the recent changes in this Country.
You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku
March 4th, 2012 09:12 AM
Marion, Ohio has long been a favorite stopping point for the Detroit drug distributors, as well. Many of them have established full-time residency here to provide 24-hour service to their clientele.
Originally Posted by JoJoGunn
"If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
William T. Sherman
March 4th, 2012 10:46 AM
Can one even begin to imagine what will happen if we have some type of collapse?
If you have not already begun to prepare for future problems...you are WAY behind the 'curve'.
When I see the "Doomsday Preppers" on TV, they make the rest of us look like idiots...most of them ARE pretty extreme, but I don't fault them for giving others some good ideas.
We could be in an unsafe world of hurt in a rather short amount of time...start putting things up to survive at least for a few months.
Stay armed...stay alert...stay safe!
The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.
Certified Glock Armorer
NRA Life Member[/B]
March 4th, 2012 11:50 AM
Agreed! The way the world seems to be going to hell in a hand basket lately (and there seems to be a shortage of hand baskets) I have been giving some thought to what I would do. If it was just me I would throw everything I could into my truck and just disappear into the woods, but I have my wife and kids to think about and I don't know how well just disappearing with some major planning/thought would work.
As it has been said..."Stay armed...stay alert...stay safe!" and "For-warned is for-armed" <-- or something like that..LOL
Good luck to everyone in the coming months!
March 4th, 2012 12:26 PM
March 4th, 2012 12:32 PM
I was in an MP company once in the Michigan National Guard one before I came back on active duty. I can tell you I felt safer in Kandahar than I did Detroit. Detroit doesn't need the National Guard. They need the 82nd Airborne Division.
Originally Posted by MotorCityGun
Search tags for this page
anarchy in detroit and the use of the national guard
detroit its anarchy
Click on a term to search for related topics.