Photo editing help

Photo editing help

This is a discussion on Photo editing help within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Anyone good at editing photos. I have a photo that a friend took of our dog that I would like to fit a horizontal 4x6 ...

Thread: Photo editing help

Photo editing help

Anyone good at editing photos. I have a photo that a friend took of our dog that I would like to fit a horizontal 4x6 frame. The problem is the pic is vertical. This is the sister of the dog we lost last Christmas. I am an idiot when it comes to photography. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!!
    Attached Images

Jbum,

I will be happy to help. But most likely, some of the blurry front feet will be lost.

It is impossible to work with an internet posted picture. Hopefully you have the original pic in a high resolution. That can me manipulated much easier and the end result will be good for printing.

I’m sending you a PM with my email address. Send the picture as a file attachment and I’ll give it a shot.

BTW, a beautiful dog. I can easily see why you would like to frame a picture.

Chris

PM sent
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Just looking at the pic, it appears there was already some post processing to create the blurred effect outside of the face. Hopefully the original you are sending will crop well.

PS... download "picasa"... it will do all you want with 1 click

Quote Originally Posted by Varmiter View Post
    Jbum,

I will be happy to help. But most likely, some of the blurry front feet will be lost.

It is impossible to work with an internet posted picture. Hopefully you have the original pic in a high resolution. That can me manipulated much easier and the end result will be good for printing.

I’m sending you a PM with my email address. Send the picture as a file attachment and I’ll give it a shot.

BTW, a beautiful dog. I can easily see why you would like to frame a picture.

Chris
    Thanks bro working on getting the original. A friend visited the week we lost our other pup a she took a bunch of pics of the red dog hopefully she saved them.

Jbum,

No problem. I do like playing with pictures. In fact I have a blog with photographs with the idea of people trying to guess what they are looking at.

What is it? | Your guess is as good as anybodys

Way too many people set their digital cameras to a lower resolution with the idea of posting either on the web, or emails to friends. This is a big mistake as these pictures are not suitable for decent printing. You need the original as a file taken in the highest resolution possible and work with that, doing whatever editing you wish and the save under a different filename leaving the original intact for possible later use.

In the picture below, the file size is just short of 6mb. But as posted up here, I think is about 65kb. A huge difference. The original, when viewed full size will not fit on the screen and I have to zoom out to get it to fit.

ScreenHunter_01Mar041109.jpg

But working with the original, I can zoom in on some very fine detail.

ScreenHunter_02Mar041113.jpg

Its this fine detail that makes a picture print up nicely. So hopefully your friend still has the original.

EDIT: Click on the pictures to see better.

Chris

Sponsored Links