new pup soon to come home training tips

This is a discussion on new pup soon to come home training tips within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; last hunting season i lost my GSP that had a ton of natural insticts and did a good job pointing and hunting without a ton ...

last hunting season i lost my GSP that had a ton of natural insticts and did a good job pointing and hunting without a ton of training probably an hour or two a week for the first few months that i had her, i think i found the next dog that i am going to get probably going to pick one out sometime this week.
    I talked to the breeder and they are 3/4 brittany 1/4 lab and they are a very good price i feel, looking for some tips for picking the right pup out of the litter and also some books or info that would help me train this dog to hunt great and be an even better family dog. so if you guys have any tips or places to get some info that would be great

Thanks

The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

For the family dog side, search for Barbara Woodhouse "No Bad Dogs".
    GCO Member
    NRA Member
    NRA RSO & Certified Basic Pistol Instructor

My own personal test is to roll the pup onto it's back and gently hold it there. If it is content while doing this, it will probably make an excellent family dog. If it panics or resists your hand, it will be a challenge later on for you.

Links