Ethics in the Military

This is a discussion on Ethics in the Military within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; A very good series done by PBS in 1989. A panel of experts deal with a hypothetical situation from recruiting a soldier to going into ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By suntzu

Thread: Ethics in the Military

Ethics in the Military

A very good series done by PBS in 1989. A panel of experts deal with a hypothetical situation from recruiting a soldier to going into combat and treatment of prisoners and torture. Each episode is an hour but well worth watching. It is not a boring Q&A show. There are episodes dealing with other issues at:
    Resource: Ethics in America

Part I
    http://www.learner.org/vod/vod_window.html?pid=196
    Part II
    Resource: Ethics in America
    Part I Description:
    How do we wage war when the enemy dresses as civilians and children throw bombs? Generals William Westmoreland, David Jones, and Brent Scowcroft, correspondents Peter Jennings and Mike Wallace, and others question the duty to follow orders and a commander's obligation to protect soldiers.

Part II Description
    The carnage of My Lai raises the issue of confidentiality between the soldier, his religious confessor, and military justice. Generals debate the clash between military tribunals and the right of confidentiality with Chaplain Timothy Tatum of the U.S. Army War College, the Reverend J. Bryan Hehir of the U.S. Catholic Conference, and others.
    Hopyard likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Links