Who is it that wants to take our guns? NO HUMOR

This is a discussion on Who is it that wants to take our guns? NO HUMOR within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I posit that those who would favor more "common sense" regulations on the ownership of firearms are the same folks that sit on parole boards, ...

Like Tree8Likes
  • 2 Post By claude clay
  • 3 Post By WHEC724
  • 1 Post By Stubborn
  • 1 Post By paaiyan
  • 1 Post By Hiram25

Thread: Who is it that wants to take our guns? NO HUMOR

Who is it that wants to take our guns? NO HUMOR

I posit that those who would favor more "common sense" regulations on the ownership of firearms are the same folks that sit on parole boards, and other mid level public servants that are a part of the government machine... but only see certain parts of the real world.

Bureaucrats, who feel their expertise in dealing with the criminal element and the general public "just know" that guns aren't the answer... more government is...

People who say things like:

"... concerned about the brutality and violence of Mr. Hitt's crime, as well as the nature and frequency of behavior issues during the first seven years of his incarceration," the February 2011 report concluded.

Though Hitt started ... treatment "on the wrong foot," he had made "significant progress" by the time he went before the board in August, the reports say.

"... remains concerned about the challenges Mr. Hitt will face upon release, especially in regards to his chemical dependency, he seems to be thoughtful about his plans for re-entry," the August report says.

"All things considered, this appears to be an appropriate time to release Mr. Hitt."
    So who is Mr. Hitt? Here's his latest escapade just 7 weeks after he was released:

Story
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

2. Remove Ads

Welp,I've said before only one cure for these people,and so it can't be used against me in the future,I'll leave it at that.

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    the answer, as so many are...is simple

personal responsibility

in this case, if the parole people decide a person is fit to be released before his sentence is complete--
    afterall, the judge gave him a certain amount of time for a reason and they are 'changing' it

--they are responsible for his actions till the time the judge set.
    and if he misbehaves--they are charged and punished the same as he.

after all, had they not let him out early, he'd be in jail and there would have been no crime
    on citizens that he could have commited. thus the parole people are responsible.

personal responsibility...rather like all the talk about a kinder, gentler society
    its just talk
    Stubborn and msgt/ret like this.
    Arthritis sucks big-big
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

Any thoughts about chemical castration?
    "Death is lighter than a feather, but Duty is heavier than a mountain" Robert Jordan
    USMC veteran
    Glock 19 Gen 4
    Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by glockrocker View Post
    Welp,I've said before only one cure for these people,and so it can't be used against me in the future,I'll leave it at that.
    I'll say it for you. Violent offenders need less rehabilitation and more dirt-napping.

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by claude clay View Post
    the answer, as so many are...is simple

personal responsibility

in this case, if the parole people decide a person is fit to be released before his sentence is complete--
    afterall, the judge gave him a certain amount of time for a reason and they are 'changing' it

--they are responsible for his actions till the time the judge set.
    and if he misbehaves--they are charged and punished the same as he.

after all, had they not let him out early, he'd be in jail and there would have been no crime
    on citizens that he could have commited. thus the parole people are responsible.

personal responsibility...rather like all the talk about a kinder, gentler society
    its just talk
    ^^^this^^^ I like "Claude's" idea.

First there is NO SUCH THING as common sense gun laws, the term is an oxymoron. Guncontrol is not based on common sense but rather fear.

Here is a novel idea, no parole, no probation, no time off for good behavior...you do the time you're sentenced to...no exceptions.

The Judge sentenced him based on the jury recommendation, as well as sentencing guidelines set forth in the law...
    Why on earth should a few liberal minded "do-gooders" have the authority to over-ride a Judge in good standing???
    hogdaddy likes this.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kerberos View Post
    Too humane. Physical castration doesn't solve the problem either. The problem is in the mind and soul of the individual that chooses to do such acts.

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    Physical castration doesn't solve the problem either.
    No, but it's like kicking the vending machine when it doesn't give you what you want. In lieu of solving the actual problem, it generally makes us feel better. I like feeling better.
    WHEC724 likes this.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

They just need to throw away the whole Parole idea. Do the crime, do the time.
    Stubborn likes this.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

why did they stop public hangings? or beheadings?

I have quit postulating about these things and resort to exercising the appropriate action when needed. The problem has become too much talk and not enough action in regards to those who will force their wants upon the innocents who would rather not be bothered with that. If the system regurgitates offenders to the street to repeat their offenses on citizens, then street rules should apply.
    Light travels faster than sound...thats why some people appear bright before they speak

Lynne De Lano, the chairwoman of the Indeterminate Sentence Review Board, said in a phone interview Tuesday that she was shocked and dismayed to hear of Hitt's arrest. De Lano wrote the board's August report that found Hitt eligible for release from prison.

"It's a horrible trauma for those young women, and I'm grateful they weren't harmed" further, she said.

In light of Hitt's arrest, De Lano said, "You can't help but step back and go, 'Gee, should we have done anything differently based on the information we had at the time? Did we miss something in the file, or miss something in the in-person interview?' "
    Right. Step back and ask yourself a rhetorical question, lady. You missed a lot! Yes, you should have done something differently. Step up to the plate, take responsibility, and resign. You are a disgrace.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kerberos View Post
    May work, may not. No outward appearance difference. Save the $$ on chemicals and just castrate them. Can use the same method that is used to turn bulls into steers. May not be fun, but it has gotta be more humane than what they did to their vics. After castrating them, let them serve their entire sentence. While they are in the joint, they should be making gravel from large boulders. This country club atmosphere has gotta stop.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Quote Originally Posted by ksholder View Post
    While they are in the joint, they should be making gravel from large boulders. This country club atmosphere has gotta stop.
    Agreed, wholeheartedly. Make them break rocks, the make them put them back together for all I care.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Links