Patriot Hunt yesterday!!!

This is a discussion on Patriot Hunt yesterday!!! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I had the opportunity to participate (as support for the soldiers present) in a Patriot Hunt (hog hunt) put together by my brother and his ...

Thread: Patriot Hunt yesterday!!!

VIP Member

Thumbs up Patriot Hunt yesterday!!!

I had the opportunity to participate (as support for the soldiers present) in a Patriot Hunt (hog hunt) put together by my brother and his hunt club. One of the members is a former Ranger and he organized the first one last year, and it really grew this year. The guides made sure that each soldier got a hog, close to 20 were taken in all!

I took my daughter with me, she was so thrilled to met both the Rangers and some active duty SEALs who were on hand.

Today the fun continues for them with a skeet competition and a pistol competition to determine who will receive the various firearms and other gear being given as prices. Those include 2 custom ARs, one in 6.8, 2 shotguns, a glock, A SA XDm, and a couple of custom 1911 pistol valued at about 4k each. I am not attending today as I have some stuff to do today, but that was one of the most rewarding experiences in my life, and the smiles on my daughter's face was epic!
    "Don't start none, won't be none!"

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Sounds like a very worthwhile cause your brothers club has going for it.
    Glad to hear you were able to lend assistance to the cause.

Isn't that usually the way it goes, you go allong to help in some fashion, and you probably ended up having as much fun as the recipients did.
    Again, good on you and your brothers club.

I'd post their club name and try to drum up support for them, in one way shape of form.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Job well done!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Thank you to the organizers for finding ways to support our troops! Glad to hear the prizes go to well deserving service members/vets.
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

Links