Drug Dealer Bust Behind My House

This is a discussion on Drug Dealer Bust Behind My House within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Excuse the length but this is sort of like Sixto's Hilljack thread. Neighbours. Go figure. There is a garage apartment across the alley from my ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Drug Dealer Bust Behind My House

Excuse the length but this is sort of like Sixto's Hilljack thread. Neighbours. Go figure.

There is a garage apartment across the alley from my detached garage that has been empty since the last "Unlicensed Phamaceutical" people living there fled. Apparently someone moved in recently. I have been noticing what I would say as "suspicious" activity in the apartment during my departures and arrivals. Well, today my suspicions were confirmed.

As I was leaving to go to Church, I opened up the garage door and there was a Huntington, WV Police car parked across the alley from my garage. Other cars were there too. I had a bit of trouble getting out of the garage, but managed to do so. My wife came later to Church in her car, she too saw the cops.

Fast forward to coming home and there are 3 cruisers, what appeared to be unmarked police cars and at least 5 uniformed officers and a couple undercover ones. One of them had parked an unmarked in front of my garage and as I opened the door when turning into the alley, someone jumped into the car and moved. I had trouble getting my Toyota pick-up into the garage, but managed to without incident.

Before I went to the house, I saw a uniformed officer and asked what was going on. He said "There is a drug dealer living here....correction.....was a drug dealer living here."

My dog wanted to go for her walk and I took her. I have to go through the back gate, I also keep it locked and saw a bunch of officers in and out of the place. They had a K-9 unit with them as well and a big German Shepherd. I took off in the opposite direction to take the dog for her walk so I would not be in their way.

Came back and they were "wrapping" up the investigation. Chatted with them and thanked them for what they do. I also said that I was almost to the point of calling to report suspicious activity, but someone beat me to it.

This stuff is the reason why I carry when taking out trash to the can in the alley or even walking my dog. Drug Dealer types are paranoid and may think that I am being nosy about their business. They also carry weapons in an illegal manner.

Like it is said, it can happen anywhere at anytime. Just happy the cops got there first and I didn't have to deal with it.
    joker1 likes this.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Always good when there is a happy ending! Hope the next neighbors are of a different varietal!
    JoJoGunn and joker1 like this.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

VIP Member
    Sorry your neighbor keeps letting riff-raff in.
    Hopefully that will change.
    Glad the police cleaned house.
    JoJoGunn and joker1 like this.
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGunn View Post
    This stuff is the reason why I carry when taking out trash
    Looks like your local cops are "taking out the trash" as well.
    W9HDG, joker1, mano3 and 5 others like this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

Now that the garbage has been picked up you and your neighbors should confront the owner of the property. Insist that they perform background checks on potential tenants, the owner may even require a large security deposit. Good luck!
    msgt/ret and JoJoGunn like this.

Quote Originally Posted by WD54241 View Post
    Now that the garbage has been picked up you and your neighbors should confront the owner of the property. Insist that they perform background checks on potential tenants, the owner may even require a large security deposit. Good luck!
    I have spoken to the owner. He's a nice man and actually has a carry permit. He has told me that he tries to get good tennants, however, sometimes even the nicer appearing ones can be bad. He says that if I ever have a problem with any of his renters to give him a call and he will take care of it. The bunch that was in there before this round were not really a problem, they just had the bad habit of occasionally blocking our garage and I would have to ask them nicely to not do it, and they would comply. I just got tired of the "suspicious" activity and told the Police about it. The drive by "hello" visits did the trick and they broke the lease and moved.

This round looks like someone may have been going to rent the place and then let others live there and distribute drugs or grow Marijuana. I really never saw anyone in or out of the place much, just the occasional person and leaving the lights on in the garage below with the doors bolted shut. It wasn't me who tipped the Police, but whoever did it beat me to doing it again.

Hope the next batch is better!
    JoJoGunn likes this.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    Hope the next batch is better!
    The Marijuana or the renters?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

In our state they have a law re: landlords. They can be charged with keeping a "disorderly house" . If he continues to rent to druggies, he could be charged. Fellow CCW holder or not, he knows, or ought to, what is happening on his property. He's probably carrying for that reason alone.
    JoJoGunn likes this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Senior Member Array jblives2ride's Avatar
    more bg in jail is always good
    JoJoGunn likes this.
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God,
    And die to find out there isn't, than live my life
    As if there isn't, and die to find out there is.
    God Bless

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    The Marijuana or the renters?
    ...Both...?
    JoJoGunn likes this.
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

UPDATE

Accidental 911 call led Police to bust the drug dealers. However, one of them is "out" on bond. That's nice.

Here is the story on WSAZ

Accidental 911 Call Leads to Drug Bust; Three Arrested

How about a video Surveillance system before the new ones move in pointed at the driveway and street.
    JoJoGunn likes this.

NMB
    Sounds like a box of doughnuts is in order for that shift! Got a good local bakery in town?

A little sugary goodness with a letter saying thanks may get your street an extra patrol every now and then too. I have several LEO friends and they remember stuff like that.
    JoJoGunn likes this.
    NRA Member
    Certified Kitchen Gunsmith

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive."
    - C.S. Lewis

I wouldn't call 2 ounces of Coke and $6,000 a major bust,but they got a street level dealer off the streets for a minute,I'll bet they already got rap sheets for a buncha minor stuff.They will cop a plea and be back out after a short vacation at tax payers expense
    JoJoGunn likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links