Painting question

Painting question

This is a discussion on Painting question within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; My son wants a camouflage room. I need help with ideas on how to paint it. ACU digital is the color and scheme. Anyone ever ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Painting question

VIP Member

Painting question

My son wants a camouflage room. I need help with ideas on how to paint it. ACU digital is the color and scheme. Anyone ever done anything like this before?
    I havenít heard any of the journalists who volunteered to be waterboarded asking to have their fingernails wrenched out with pliers, or electrodes attached to their genitals.

Considering that ACU digi's, are composed of pixles/small squares. Id first determine the size of squares wanted. Then an exacto knife/box cutters and cut squares in a cardboard box. Start by painting the entire room with the coyote tan/light tan, then use the stencil to impliment the olive green and brown squares. And remember over lap is ok.

* Note. Squares should be atleast a smaller size less than 6". But thats my opinion
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best!

VIP Member
    I'm thinking small explosives, tied to brown, green and grey paint cans...
    RMS, atctimmy, l1a1 and 1 others like this.

Look for wallpaper
    gen3 and boscobeans like this.

Paint the base color first, as mentioned before. In coyote tan or similar, use a roller. For the greens (2shades), get paint pads.

The paint pads are like fuzzy 3X5 cards, with a handle. If you want smaller "pixels" you could cut out "stair steps" from the pads. Press and SLIGHTLY wiggle the pad. Wiggling just enough to make sure all the paint transfers to the wall.

THIS WILL BE VERY TEDIOUS WORK. if you look at digit camo all the pixels are level, and perpendicular!
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Wait until June. Find some college kids in need of work. Pay them $50 bucks a day to do it, and save yourself the headache.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Did a little searching and came up with this thread:

painting a room in digital camo ? - Pirate4x4.Com

I think you'd be better off trying to copy the vehicle camo over the painted camo they did. I think with something as big as a room the oversized squares would look better. You could also just buy a bunch of fabric and use it as wallpaper.
    Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation. - Rule #23 in the USMC rules for gunfighting.

Quote Originally Posted by thephanatik View Post
    Did a little searching and came up with this thread:

painting a room in digital camo ? - Pirate4x4.Com

I think you'd be better off trying to copy the vehicle camo over the painted camo they did. I think with something as big as a room the oversized squares would look better. You could also just buy a bunch of fabric and use it as wallpaper.
    Yeah, the jeep looks MUCH better than the room in the first page of that thread.

I like the "enlarged" size of the pixels on it, better too. That would make using the pad unaltered work. And that would make the process less tedious.

Good luck!
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

VIP Member
    That jeep is cool.
    I havenít heard any of the journalists who volunteered to be waterboarded asking to have their fingernails wrenched out with pliers, or electrodes attached to their genitals.

Administrator
    atctimmy - Forget counting sheep. You are going to be counting little squares jumping over the fence by the time you get that project finished and it's time to go to sleep.

Suggestion: If you are going to be taping patterns off on a wall and using latex paint then invest in some FROG TAPE - It looks like that blue painting/masking type tape but, it's green and has special adhesive that will not allow water based paints to bleed under it. You'll end up with perfect hard lines when you pull off that FROG tape.

http://www.frogtape.com/
    atctimmy likes this.

I've done 3 rooms in specialty paint schemes. It's a lot of work. But we really like how it looks. It's different that's for sure. If you've got the patience for it, give it a shoot. I did my master bedroom and bath in different colors of Ralph Lauren Suede faux finishes, one red and one brown. And sponged one daughters room in 2 colors of pink. Once I bought a house I decided I did not want any more walls "rental property white".
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Quote Originally Posted by chiefjason View Post
    I've done 3 rooms in specialty paint schemes. It's a lot of work. But we really like how it looks. It's different that's for sure. If you've got the patience for it, give it a shoot. I did my master bedroom and bath in different colors of Ralph Lauren Suede faux finishes, one red and one brown. And sponged one daughters room in 2 colors of pink. Once I bought a house I decided I did not want any more walls "rental property white".
    It's all good, until you want to sell... then "rental property white" it is...
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Your son "wants" a cammo room? Tell him when he is old enough he can get his own place and paint it anything he wants.

If you want to go the stencil route... I think I've found the answer... I think the sheets are magnetic... but you could put double stick tape on the back...

Truck Stencils - At Home Do it Yourself Camouflage Kits for Trucks and other Vehicles - Great for Hunters and Outdoorsmen
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by RKflorida View Post
    Your son "wants" a cammo room? Tell him when he is old enough he can get his own place and paint it anything he wants.
    I think I had a camo room in college, but I can't remember. I think we used Krylon.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links