A man has to protect his daughter, right?

A man has to protect his daughter, right?

This is a discussion on A man has to protect his daughter, right? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Right? Ind. basketball dad knocks coach unconscious because he forced daughter to run laps | Prep Rally - Yahoo! Sports...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 43
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: A man has to protect his daughter, right?

  1. #1
    VIP Member Array paaiyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    2,095
    My blog

    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.


  2. #2
    VIP Member Array suntzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    TX/NH
    Posts
    5,923
    The comments at the end of the linked story and his friends/family are even scarier. I have been a youth hockey coach for 15 years when I had the time and you can't beieve some of the things I have seen parents do. Slash tires on cars of the kids that are on away trips so they can't get from the hotel to the rink, putting a pepper spray type chemical in the air system of a locker room. Having cops called numerous of times to escort parents out of a rink.

    Sickening and embarrasing for the kids
    Guest1 likes this.

  3. #3
    Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Tampa Fl
    Posts
    1,530
    With a "Dad" like that, it's no wonder the daughter thought it was OK to stop practice to argue.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

  4. #4
    VIP Member Array paaiyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    2,095
    You think being a coach is bad? Try being a ref... I've refereed soccer for over 10 years now and man, that'll show you the worst side of a lot of people. I've been assaulted and had my life threatened on multiple occasions.
    My blog

    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

  5. #5
    VIP Member Array suntzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    TX/NH
    Posts
    5,923
    Quote Originally Posted by paaiyan View Post
    You think being a coach is bad? Try being a ref... I've refereed soccer for over 10 years now and man, that'll show you the worst side of a lot of people. I've been assaulted and had my life threatened on multiple occasions.
    Did you ever think ref's deserve it LOL! Just kidding. I have had my run ins with refs and of course I was always right!
    atctimmy likes this.

  6. #6
    VIP Member
    Array gunthorp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    home office
    Posts
    2,355
    Whatever happened to being a good sport, or being disciplined to hard work. I guess every body now gets a trophy for attendance, or the socialists will try to kill you.
    Hoganbeg and ksholder like this.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

    Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

  7. #7
    Guest Array Guest1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    home-astan(FINALLY)
    Posts
    1,125
    If my dad were alive I would get him to Punch-out my Football Coaches and D.I's,them dudes made me run,and I never argued!

  8. #8
    VIP Member Array paaiyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    2,095
    Hey, I've hollered at my fair share of refs. Being one makes watching them make mistakes all the worse. I can let some go, but when you start seeing them do it on purpose it gets to you. Makes the rest of us look bad.

    One of the worst experiences I've had was putting a coach in his place for yelling at another referee in my club. It was a female referee and he thought she screwed up so he ripped her a new one. She came back to the "ref hut" crying, so I took her out there and asked him what went down. He explained, then I proceeded to tear him a new on (verbally). The kicker? The ref was an 11-year-old girl refereeing 5-year-old players. A middle-aged man making an 11-year-old girl cry because he thought she screwed up a minor call in a soccer game where scores don't even matter. At those ages, all the kids get trophies at the end of the season. Sports parents are terrible.



    On another note, I like this comment on the article: "Am a jamaica a dad of three two boy one girl range from 5 to ten 10 and if my daughter ever toll me what happen because of her falt and she have to ran around a gym my next question would be how big was the gym and if its not big enough we gonna find a bigger one so she can triple that punishment i dont play when it come to good old discipline."
    My blog

    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

  9. #9
    VIP Member Array suntzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    TX/NH
    Posts
    5,923
    One thing that I always got upset about was in hockey when they called an intentional offside during a Mite game. How on earth does a mite know enough to do an intentional offside to begin with
    Rock and Glock likes this.

  10. #10
    VIP Member
    Array Hopyard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Disappeared
    Posts
    11,720
    How do you force someone to run laps? I mean, what the heck can he do if she says no?
    Complaint should have gone to school officials; not that many of them aren't fully capable of supporting
    child abuse by their staff.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

  11. #11
    Distinguished Member Array Elk Hunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,300
    I will be glad to coach again.....for orphans
    suntzu, Hopyard, WHEC724 and 4 others like this.

  12. #12
    VIP Member
    Array Hopyard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Disappeared
    Posts
    11,720
    Quote Originally Posted by paaiyan View Post
    Hey, I've hollered at my fair share of refs. Being one makes watching them make mistakes all the worse. I can let some go, but when you start seeing them do it on purpose it gets to you. Makes the rest of us look bad.

    One of the worst experiences I've had was putting a coach in his place for yelling at another referee in my club. It was a female referee and he thought she screwed up so he ripped her a new one. She came back to the "ref hut" crying, so I took her out there and asked him what went down. He explained, then I proceeded to tear him a new on (verbally). The kicker? The ref was an 11-year-old girl refereeing 5-year-old players. A middle-aged man making an 11-year-old girl cry because he thought she screwed up a minor call in a soccer game where scores don't even matter. At those ages, all the kids get trophies at the end of the season. Sports parents are terrible.



    On another note, I like this comment on the article: "Am a jamaica a dad of three two boy one girl range from 5 to ten 10 and if my daughter ever toll me what happen because of her falt and she have to ran around a gym my next question would be how big was the gym and if its not big enough we gonna find a bigger one so she can triple that punishment i dont play when it come to good old discipline."
    Some of the worst, uncivil, and close to violent behavior I have ever seen occurred a youth Soccer game for
    5 year olds. Some of the parents were totally out of control. I pulled my kid out after deciding this was not
    behavior I wanted to witness and it was behavior the kid should not witness.

    From a kids point of view, we grown ups are a bunch of pains in the back end, and often the kids are right.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

  13. #13
    VIP Member Array suntzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    TX/NH
    Posts
    5,923
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    How do you force someone to run laps? I mean, what the heck can he do if she says no?
    Complaint should have gone to school officials; not that many of them aren't fully capable of supporting
    child abuse by their staff.
    Are you alluding that running laps is akin to child abuse? Maybe I read that wrong.
    oneshot and surefire7 like this.

  14. #14
    Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Tampa Fl
    Posts
    1,530
    If they refuse to run the laps, you kick them off the team. If it was not an extracurricular sport, you flunk them for the grading period.
    Running laps for punishment IS NOT child abuse.
    oneshot and surefire7 like this.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

  15. #15
    VIP Member Array paaiyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    2,095
    Agreed, Hoppy. I've seen plenty of kids yell at their parents to can it when arguing with other parents. It's completely bizarre, and I don't know what it is about the environment but it completely flips roles. The kids become the most mature individuals (for the most part) and the parents lose it completely.
    My blog

    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

act of valor a man that can control his emotions
,
act of valor a man who can control his emotions
,
comments on coaches forcing kids to run laps
,

ind. basketball dad knocks coach unconscious because he forced daughter to run laps

,

no one is stronger than a man that can harness his emotions

,

no one is stronger than a man who can harness his emotions

,

no one is stronger than a man who can harness his emotions and his past

,
no ones stronger than a man who can harness his emotions
,
nothing is stronger than a man who can harness his emotions, his past
,
nothing is stronger than a man who can harness his emotions, his past.
,

put your pain in a box. lock it down. no man is stronger than one who can harness his emotions

,
strong is the man who harness his emotion on act of valor
Click on a term to search for related topics.