Selling my house is just as fun as it was the last time...

This is a discussion on Selling my house is just as fun as it was the last time... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Cleaning, cleaning, cleaning, decluttering, repairing, selling, giving away, throwing away, painting, caulking, spackling, hanging, rehanging, prepping, trimming, planting, watering, sanding, staining, raking, dumping, cleaning, cleaning, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Selling my house is just as fun as it was the last time...

Distinguished Member

Selling my house is just as fun as it was the last time...

Cleaning, cleaning, cleaning, decluttering, repairing, selling, giving away, throwing away, painting, caulking, spackling, hanging, rehanging, prepping, trimming, planting, watering, sanding, staining, raking, dumping, cleaning, cleaning, filing, packing, packing, packing. Did I mention cleaning and packing?

Clean out the attic. Like, really clean out the attic. Clean the garage, hang all the tools uniformly like you did the week after you bought the house 14 years ago, pressure wash garage floor, siding, windows, porches, doors. Find out you have bad gas. No, the pressure washer. Find a place to dump it out and start over. Wash the floors, rent a rug cleaner, get all your personal picture off the walls and tables. Remove gun rack above walk in closet, caulk, sand, and paint.

Go back to mover and get more boxes. Spit packing tape out of your mouth from biting off tape. Order two tons of stone and spread on the yard (think Arizona). Get moving estimates, get house appraisal, termite inspection. Thank the good Lord you don't have neighbors with cars up on blocks, "active" pair of Doberman Pincers, or drug dealer like you had when you tried to sell your first home - 30 years ago.

Other than that, not too bad.
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." Eccl. 10:2

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    It's worth it to clean house every 30 years or so...makes room for more guns.
    W9HDG and aznav like this.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

I hate moving...'nuff said. sounds like you're doing a good job though.
    pinklady likes this.

My wife hates the packing and moving - I love it and have learned to make a practice of it, we get to through out all the "stuff" (junk) she has collected. Why, when a blender or iron goes bad, must it get put back into the original box and put back into storage?

I was able to dig out my Ham equipment last time, checked that it still worked, and put it right back into the box it was packed up in.
    W9HDG likes this.
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

Sounds like you know the drill. Good luck!
    Richard

NRA Life Member

"But if they don't exist, how can a man see them?"

"You may think I'm pompous, but actually I'm pedantic... let me explain the difference."

"Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything."

And how much stuff did you "rediscover" in the process - stuff you forgot you even had?

So what prompts the move?
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by DMan View Post
    I was able to dig out my Ham equipment last time, checked that it still worked, and put it right back into the box it was packed up in.
    You know you're supposed to put that stuff on the air! It doesn't do it any good in a box in a closet hi hi

73 de W9HDG Travis

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    And how much stuff did you "rediscover" in the process - stuff you forgot you even had?

So what prompts the move?
    Gas - STILL looking for lost items such as: 1. Pair of hearing aids 2. Paragon Classic auto (groan) 3. IWB Sig 232 custom holster, 4. 2, 232 mags, 4. 2 KABAR's 5. Pair of glasses 6. Two H&K P30 mags 7. Watch links. Give me another hour and I'll add another 4 or 5 to the list. Nothing has turned up yet. I thought for sure the mags and the Paragon knife would show up.

Moving to Virginia - job and kids.
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." Eccl. 10:2

Quote Originally Posted by W9HDG View Post
    You know you're supposed to put that stuff on the air! It doesn't do it any good in a box in a closet hi hi

73 de W9HDG Travis
    Travis, I already looked you up via your call sign. I stuck that statement in there to trigger a response! I rent, no place to put an antenna. I come from a family of Ham's. Dad, Uncle, Sister, myself and an ex-wife (even though my wife isn't a ham, I will take her over the ex-wife that is!).

So as to not hijack this thread.... We are looking at buying/moving this summer. Maybe when I move I will put up the antenna. (There, subject back to moving!)
    W9HDG likes this.
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

No problem is so bad that the suitable application of a suitable quantity of high explosives can not solve it.

That having been said, I'd rather be beaten with a pack of water logged wildcats than move again - and I know I have at least one more that I'm going to have to do someday.
    oneshot likes this.
    GCO Member
    NRA Member
    NRA RSO & Certified Basic Pistol Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by DMan View Post
    Travis, I already looked you up via your call sign. I stuck that statement in there to trigger a response! I rent, no place to put an antenna. I come from a family of Ham's. Dad, Uncle, Sister, myself and an ex-wife (even though my wife isn't a ham, I will take her over the ex-wife that is!).

So as to not hijack this thread.... We are looking at buying/moving this summer. Maybe when I move I will put up the antenna. (There, subject back to moving!)
    I figured as much and as such just had to respond...now back to the topic.

Aznav... You could sell your original thread as a to do list for moving!

Man you are busy!

Which reminds me... I need to clean the garage!
    W9HDG likes this.
    "The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

5 moves in 15yrs (twice in one year). Wife says we're done, but I think there is at least one more in the future. Speaking of finding things; found a box last week with 4 moving stickers on it. Hmmmm! I wonder what's in it? Not missing any guns or reloading equipment, so I guess there's still no hurry!
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

VIP Member
    Your HIRED!!!!!!!

If/when we need to move, your gettin' the call.

Boy have we got some crap!!!!
    varob and W9HDG like this.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

I know how you feel. I'd rather trow stuff away then pack and move irt.
    W9HDG likes this.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links