What's the most redneck thing you've ever done?

This is a discussion on What's the most redneck thing you've ever done? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I was out on a date when my intoxicated GF jumped off of a bridge by accident. I was so intoxicated I didn't realize what ...

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree179Likes

Thread: What's the most redneck thing you've ever done?

VIP Member
    I was out on a date when my intoxicated GF jumped off of a bridge by accident. I was so intoxicated I didn't realize what she had done until a sober friend showed up and clued me in.
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    I was out on a date when my intoxicated GF jumped off of a bridge by accident. I was so intoxicated I didn't realize what she had done until a sober friend showed up and clued me in.
    wait, what?

Quote Originally Posted by DMan View Post
    As a geek who has been stood up by several ladies, shame on you! May the wrath of all ghosts of the coons you hunted haunt you for this!
    As a geek, you probably don't realize this, but he probably hooked up with her anyways.
    atctimmy and ErnieNWillis like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    I used to get hammered at the house before going to the tavern for the evening to cut drinking costs.
    Everybody gets a good pregame sometimes... And some of us do it all the time
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined." -Obligatory Founding Father Quote

That's redneck? Heck in some places something like that is considered statesman like.

For me it was cutting up one of my wife's cookie sheets to fabricate an air damn for my truck.
    l1a1 and Pistology like this.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

had a 72 Catalina that was so thrashed the hood would no longer latch. Drove it around with chains across the grill to keep the hood on.
    l1a1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Shot View Post
    As a geek, you probably don't realize this, but he probably hooked up with her anyways.
    OMG, I just realized I may be a Redneck Geek! How come I am suddenly frightened of myself?
    W9HDG, pinklady and tactilame like this.
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

I don't claim to be a redneck, but most of my friends think I am just because I'm an outdoorsy guy that knows how to shoot, fix things, and I have some skills that can get me farm work and industrial work...a lot of knowledge that is typically associated with blue collar folk. It doesn't help that most of my friends have never had a job that didn't involve a computer and air conditioning.

I guess as soon as you build your own garage and drive a truck, you're a redneck.
    TheShadow, W9HDG and msgt/ret like this.

Quote Originally Posted by buckeye .45 View Post
    Drove a 1993 Mercury Villager mini-van in a demo derby.
    I should also add, that the middle bench seat became my back porch furniture for the next year at college.
    l1a1 likes this.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

VIP Member
    Just to clarify a bit so nobody thinks I'm the ghost of Ted Kennedy. She and I had come out of a club in Memphis (Club 616 if anyone knows the area) and we were both hammered. We went out to the car to smooch a little before the rest of our group arrived back at the car. When we got to where we were parked she said "Hey, I'm going to jump over this (3 ft) wall and "pee" in these bushes". I said OK and sat down in the front passenger seat of the car to wait for her. It was taking her a while so I decided to just close my eyes for a second and almost immediately fell asleep.

About 20-30 minutes later my sober (DD) buddy gets to the car with the rest of the crowd, wakes me and asks where she went. I tell him she went to pee in those bushes over there. He goes over to look for her and realizes that the bushes are not bushes, they are tree tops.

She fell into a big concrete flood control channel like the LA flood control channels seen in the movies Grease/Italian Job/ Terminator 2. She fell about 25 feet down. What saved her life was that she fell through the tree branches like a pin ball and was "drunk person" limp when she hit the bottom. We had to call for help to get her out.

She had the worst concussion I have ever seen someone have but no broken bones. She and I had a roughly 10 minute conversation where she just kept asking me the same two questions over and over again nonstop.

I and my friends begged her to go to the ER but she opted not to because she thought she would get in trouble with her parents. Well of course she did get in trouble because it's really hard to hide the fact that you fell 25 feet off a bridge and are severely concussed.

She ended up being OK but she was grounded for life (she was only 19 and had been under age drinking). That was bad because she was BEAUTIFUL and I never got to go out with her again. : (
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference.

Cut the rear quarters out of a 1969 AMX 390CID, 4speed, posi... to fit 50 profile tires

Quote Originally Posted by tubadude View Post
    I don't claim to be a redneck... I guess as soon as you build your own garage and drive a truck, you're a redneck.
    I carry the "redneck" banner proudly...

tubadude, msgt/ret, kante and 1 others like this.
    “Put your pain in a box. Lock it down. No man is stronger than one who can harness his emotions.” -Act of Valor

I cut all four valve stems on a chicks car tires that was screwing around on me in Salisbury, North Carolina.

And so it goes.
    Perhaps your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others.

Distinguished Member Array pinklady's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DMan View Post
    OMG, I just realized I may be a Redneck Geek! How come I am suddenly frightened of myself?
    That is funny! Lol.....
    I'm a country girl, but I don't think i'm a Redneck! Maybe i'm in denial.

Quote Originally Posted by pinklady View Post
    That is funny! Lol.....
    I'm a country girl, but I don't think i'm a Redneck! Maybe i'm in denial.
    If you can cook grits...

hey you single? J/K :)
    “Put your pain in a box. Lock it down. No man is stronger than one who can harness his emotions.” -Act of Valor

I remembered another one.
    I was making new battery cables for my truck and could not find my torch to solder the ends on. I ended up using a reloading press to crimp them on.
    l1a1 and Madcap_Magician like this.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Links