What's the most redneck thing you've ever done? - Page 3

What's the most redneck thing you've ever done?

This is a discussion on What's the most redneck thing you've ever done? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by DMan As a geek who has been stood up by several ladies, shame on you! May the wrath of all ghosts of ...

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree179Likes

Thread: What's the most redneck thing you've ever done?

Quote Originally Posted by DMan View Post
    As a geek who has been stood up by several ladies, shame on you! May the wrath of all ghosts of the coons you hunted haunt you for this!
    It all worked out,the next week I gave her momma a fat possum.She made her daughter go out with me,after telling her I would be a good provider.
    It is pardonable to be defeated but never surprised.
    2 Ruger alaskan .454s
    Ruger P95
    Rem 870
    Barrett .50BMG

Quote Originally Posted by IronMike View Post
    It all worked out,the next week I gave her momma a fat possum.She made her daughter go out with me,after telling her I would be a good provider.
    That sounds naughty...

A real redneck woulda kept the possum...

just say'n
    l1a1 and Badey like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    I used to get hammered at the house before going to the tavern for the evening to cut drinking costs.
    This is a redneck move? Heck, that's SOP in Wisconsin. But then again, I went to a wedding on a Saturday in Ohio (an uncle who used to live in WI moved down there & his daughter got married) and the reception was winding down at 9:30! I asked my uncle what the deal was. He shrugged and smiled saying " Yeah, it's just a little milder down here."

I've sat in the bed of a truck holding down siding and ladders while going down the highway. I don't know how redneck it is, but most of the time I lump redneck and dangerous activity together.
    "It is your evil that will be sought by us. With every breath we will hunt them down. Each day we will spill their blood, until it rains down from the skies. Do not kill. Do not rape. Do not steal. These are principles that every man from every faith can embrace." -McManus twins Boondock Saints

In 1972 on a Friday night after work my brother and I put a set of headers on my 1969 Plymouth Road Runner. While doing this we consumed our daily ration of Hamms beer[about 3 six packs]. We completed our project about midnight, but didn't have the everything we needed to connect the headers to the exhaust pipes. Couldn't wait till the next day to try'em out so we started it up, woke up the whole neighborhood and took off. Everything was cool until we passed a Fairfax County, Virginia Sherriff.
    TheShadow and msgt/ret like this.
    If you died today and stood in front of God and He asked you " Why should I let you into My Heaven?" what would you say?

Quote Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
    That sounds naughty...

A real redneck woulda kept the possum...

just say'n
    I always had plenty of possums,I'd catch them and fatten them up to sell...that way I could buy my granny's chewing tobacco for her.
    It is pardonable to be defeated but never surprised.
    2 Ruger alaskan .454s
    Ruger P95
    Rem 870
    Barrett .50BMG

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar
    Well, I started out with a handicap (fourth generation from a large state out west which has lots of coastline), but I feel I've adapted well to the Blue Ridge Mountains. I remember once my wife and I were trying out a new shotgun, and she remarked that we would be needing to trim a particular branch on a nearby apple tree... You know, those 870s are effective for all SORTS of things.

But on reflection I realize that I've had redneck tendencies for years. As a college student I had a '65 Beetle, and after a minor accident I took off the damaged front bumper and held the hood closed with an old pair of security-officer-wannabe handcuffs (hood handle-to-bumper-support). Worse, I was a cook/security guy for a millionaire in Beverly Hills. I parked in his lower parking lot...

I also am a regular visitor to There, I Fixed It - Redneck Repairs, and find that I call it about half-and-half "That's ridiculous!" and "Wow, that's ingenious!". I would recommend that you consider visiting that site - it will be worth your time (and you might get some ideas).
    l1a1 likes this.
    Recently updated website: http://www.damagedphotorepair.com

Quote Originally Posted by goldmaster View Post
    In 1972 on a Friday night after work my brother and I put a set of headers on my 1969 Plymouth Road Runner... but didn't have the everything we needed to connect the headers to the exhaust pipes.
    Straight headers on a mopar muscle car...

it's it's just...

a redneck symphony...
    msgt/ret and l1a1 like this.

Distinguished Member Array pinklady's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
    If you can cook grits...

hey you single? J/K :)
    No I don't cook grits, I make some pretty good fried chicken tho... I guess I'm not a Redneck then. Shew, that was close. Lol

Took my now Ex wife primitive camping for our "honeymoon". Got caught in a thunderstorm on a lake at night, beached the canoe. Spent the night UNDER it in pouring down rain. I had a backpack with some necessities in it, she gets mad and says I PLANNED the whole thing...
    RIP Jeff Cooper

Distinguished Member Array pinklady's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911srule View Post
    Took my now Ex wife primitive camping for our "honeymoon". Got caught in a thunderstorm on a lake at night, beached the canoe. Spent the night UNDER it in pouring down rain. I had a backpack with some necessities in it, she gets mad and says I PLANNED the whole thing...
    So, I guess you control the weather huh? Sounds like a good idea to me! Oh well. Not sure if that is redneck though.

Quote Originally Posted by 1911srule View Post
    yeah when ya first met...

that would have been "romantic"

then reality sets in...

Just think how many love songs have been written about "the rain"

After ya get hitched...

"It's a rainy night in Georgia... lord I feel It's raining all over the world" :(

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    I was out on a date when my intoxicated GF jumped off of a bridge by accident. I was so intoxicated I didn't realize what she had done until a sober friend showed up and clued me in.
    How did this become an episode of CSI: Defensive Carry. We have a limited number of songs by The Who that can be used for forensics shows and forensics show spin offs. We are quickly running out. Which song are you going to use? Squeeze Box? You Better You Bet? Pinball Wizard?

Flipped a bass boat doing about 50 mph jumping waves in the wakes of heavy cruisers at Lake of the Ozarks while taking turns riding in the bow seat. It was my turn in the bow seat when we flipped it.

Surprised we didn't all kill ourselves on that stupid joy ride. (all drunk, and no one wearing life jackets).

It was in 1975 and the water patrol was a little lax on the lake back then.
    tactilame and Pkupmn98 like this.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

What's the difference between "redneck" and "white trash"? Is it just geographics?

Bark'n -That answers the eternal question. Was there Alcohol involved? My wife and I always ask that to one another when we dang well know the answer.

+1 on the straight headers on a Mopar. Mopar or Mozart? I'll take the 440 anyday. Friend had a wicked 67 (?) Satellite that had a 440 in it. We called it Grey primer and Rust. Don't know if it was actually as fast as we thought or just felt that way because you could see the road streaking by where the floorboards used to be. :)

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links