Sifting through the garbage.. (Parenting)

This is a discussion on Sifting through the garbage.. (Parenting) within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; You know.... there are just some things that you never do, or never would do, until you have kids. My son lost a tooth today. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Sifting through the garbage.. (Parenting)

You know.... there are just some things that you never do, or never would do, until you have kids.

My son lost a tooth today. It wasn't his first, but he was still excited about it. He took it to his mother, who was in the middle of making dinner. She sat it down, intending to do something special with it in a bit. Forgot about it and it got swept into the garbage.

Luckily we realized it before we took the garbage out, but there I was... latex gloved up (from my Bug Out Bag) digging through the garbage to get my sons tooth back.

Just thought I'd share. :)
    Burns likes this.
    ...because you never know when the king of England might come looking for back taxes.

- Richard L. Johnson

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    Hahaha, yep... pretty crazy isn't it? All those moments, they happen so fast and they grow up so quick.

One in a long list, and it will get longer.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

What's the going rate for teeth these days? The tooth fairy used to leave .50 when I was a youngin (1960's),
    but with the inflation rate being what it is... my son would find 5 bucks under his pillow (1980's)

Now, he will sue you both for throwing it in the trash and end up owning your house and cars.
    Guest1 likes this.
    Light travels faster than sound...thats why some people appear bright before they speak

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    The joys of parenthood.

I think we all do some crazy stuff for our kids.

I remember once comming back from the grocery store on a cold and windy night. My son (2 years old at the time) had a helium balloon from his birthday party a few days before and had taken it when we went to the store. It was nearly out of helium and barely floated, but he liked it.

Back at the appartment, we got out to take groceries inside. He got out and the wind whipped the balloon out of his small hand and when whizzing down the street. Of course he squalled bloody murder and I sat a carton of soft drink bottles down in the street and began on a sprint to chase the balloon for at least two blocks until I caught it. I was much, much younger then, never would attempt that now.

I always remember how dumb it was to do that, chasing a balloon in the dark and windy conditions down the street because my son was crying for it.

The things we do for our kids.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

VIP Member
    Yup. I've spent many, many nights repairing toys so that the broken-heart is restored the next morning.

As a Christian, being a parent has been a tremendous experience in understanding my God better.

Be glad it just ended up in the garbage and that he didn't swallow it.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

VIP Member
    @Zepoll-- "that's what its all about."
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

give the kid a twenty and he'll forget all about it

$10.00 first tooth and go down from there.
    You do not know, what you do not know, until you realize that you do not know it

Senior Member Array CowboyColby's Avatar
    As a kid we got a $0.25 for the first tooth and a nickel after that. Think our tooth fairy was in a recession

I recall sitting up until midnight with a needle and thread, after restuffing "Bunny's" gutpack back into place. The event was immortalized with a camera by my hunting buddy. This was immediately put on his Facebook page, along with the quote, "The mighty hunting guide."

You'll do anything for them.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Once my Mom went dumpster diving to retrieve a toy that she had thrown away, not realizing its importance to me.

Once I was carrying my oldest boy on my arm (he was 1 year old) when I stepped off a curb, misjudged and twisted my ankle. I knew I was going to either fall on him or eject him on impact. I somehow managed to twist around 180 degrees and fall unprotected on my other side while holding him with both hands. Didn't even think about, just did it. And it really hurt! But he was OK other than being scared.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links