Two bad gun sounds

This is a discussion on Two bad gun sounds within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Over on another forum, one of the regular posters uses this for his/her signature. I have always thought it terribly true, but lighthearted at the ...

Thread: Two bad gun sounds

Two bad gun sounds

Over on another forum, one of the regular posters uses this for his/her signature. I have always thought it terribly true, but lighthearted at the same time:

There are two bad gun sounds: click when it should go boom, . . . boom when it should go click.:D

May God bless,
    Dwight

2. Remove Ads

DC Founder
    I must agree with that bit of wisdom :)

Worse than just click when you want it to go boom . . . \"click-sproing-clatter.\":o

\'Reminds me a few guns that came out in the late 80\'s or early 90\'s: a Colt 2000, S&W 1076, or Browning BDM maybe.

Chuck

Senior Member Array AirForceShooter's Avatar

another dreaded sound

pfffst.
    You jut know there\'s a round stuck in the barrel

Been there et. al.
    Yeah pulled the trigger a second time.BAM

AFS

VIP Member
    stuck in a 1911 barrel:

Click instead of Boom

Well, I\'ve experienced the misfire on occasion, but hate to sound naive....I\'d never heard, much less experienced, a bullet stuck in the barrel.....geesh! almost
    makes me want to check each round....yeah I know, look at the target...but when your shooting thru the same holes (after a few rds) that doesn\'t help much ! LOL !!:P

I needed some .38\'s and bought reloads in a plastic bag at a gun store. :( Well about 3 reloads later I get the muffled sound no one will mistake for anything but a round stuck in the barrel. One must pay attention all the time when shooting for recoil and noise or disaster will strike. I believe its only happened to me once but that was enough. Betty\'s picture will ruin your day for sure. :O

Administrator

Shooting Bad Reloads Rapid Fire

I sent a hot one down the pipe right behind a stuck bullet shooting rapid fire cheapo reloads.
    I used to buy this really junky, dirty local \"bulk reloaded\" .45 acp ammo.
    I seriously bulged the barrel & sheared the barrel bushing out & the barrel link broke in half. That was in a Combat Commander.

VIP Member
    Here\'s one for you.

Guy loads a 9mm round in a .40 S&W gun. The 9mm goes into the barrel enough that a 40 S&W can chamber ok behind it. Fire the 40 S&W and it fires the 9mm. Hole in target, way off point of aim. Sound was there but not quite right, and fortunately the guy realized it was not right. A quick check found the problem. Bulged the barrel very bad. It had to be cut to show what had happened for sure. Wish I had my camera the day the barrel was cut, would\'ve made a cool picture.

VIP Member
    Here\'s the result of my brother accidentally loading a .40 into my .45 USPc:

Oops. Fingers and gun were unhurt in the process. He doesn\'t make mistakes like that, but I guess it happens to the best of us.

Yeah, I slammed a loaded G22 mag in a G17 once. Obviously the round didnt fit. Good thing I didnt do it the other way...

One day I was shooting my AR15. First round was really quiet, and had no recoil whatsoever. So I dropped the mag and started to feild strip the rifle, thinking I had one in the barrel. Once I saw the .22lr bolt carrier, I remebered putting in it about one minute earlier...

Links