Finally ordered my Gatling gun

This is a discussion on Finally ordered my Gatling gun within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I normally don't waste money on things I will seldom us but I have been saving for this for a while. I ordered a 22 ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Finally ordered my Gatling gun

Finally ordered my Gatling gun

I normally don't waste money on things I will seldom us but I have been saving for this for a while. I ordered a 22 Ruger Gatling gun kit. My friends and I have RC planes and helo's and some are old and need to be thrown away. So we thought we would blow them out of the sky. We have found a place that we can shoot with a hill that is over 200 feet for a backstop with nothing for miles on the other side.

Sometimes you have to let the little boy out. We are also going to tow targets when we run out of old planes.imagemagic.jpg
    WHEC724 and Chris Dawg like this.

2. Remove Ads

Oooohhhh. Me likey. Get videos!
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

I wanna play:)
    Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk

Why limit yourself to just two barrels? Get two kits and make yourself a quad gun.

Of course, you're going to have to pick up some tracer rounds, as well.....and you're obligated to record this.

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    I'll be there in a few, will you come pick me up from the airport? Also, am I staying in your basement or do you have a spare bedroom?

PS - What time is breakfast and dinner?
    Pkupmn98 likes this.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

VIP Member
    Looks like a WMD (weapon of model destruction)
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

Wasted money???

I think not sir!!!
    "Death is lighter than a feather, but Duty is heavier than a mountain" Robert Jordan
    USMC veteran
    Glock 19 Gen 4
    Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes

VIP Member
    So, are .22 cal rounds with RC airplanes scaled correctly for AAA in the RW? Looks like fun.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

You would be surprised how hard it will be to gun down a moving object,I watched a buncha guys with FA MG's including belt fed guns trying to shoot down a RC plane flying back and forth straight and level and somebody finally hit it,after several thousand rounds,probably more luck than anything else
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Looks fun, let us know how it works!
    Never pick a fight with an old man...If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you - John Steinbeck
    Come to Colorado...the governor is loopy
    .................................................. .................................................. ......................They Live

You need to save some more money. For tracer rounds, as tubadude said. They are about $0.30 each. Stack one every 10 rounds or so....

And VIDEO!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    You would be surprised how hard it will be to gun down a moving object,I watched a buncha guys with FA MG's including belt fed guns trying to shoot down a RC plane flying back and forth straight and level and somebody finally hit it,after several thousand rounds,probably more luck than anything else
    That'll keep him busy for a while. Wouldn't want to blow the RC plane out of the air on the first shot and ruin the investment. :)
    "Legitimate use of violence can only be that which is required in self-defense."
    Ron Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Shhhhhh....I know we probably won't hit anything that often. I needed a reason to tell my wife why I needed it!
    Dadsnugun and joker1 like this.

Please don't forget the thread on these pages where a round went into a house at some god-forsaken distance and ended up in someones sink.

Be careful out there. AND post videos. :-)

it would be even better if you could put a .22 reactive target on the planes so they blow up when you hit them! I also agree about the video!!
    "My problem with life is not that it is rational nor that it is irrational, but that it is almost rational." - G.K. Chesterton

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links