I need new socks. I'd get those.
This is a discussion on $640 Million... so who got their tickets? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; The drawing is less then an hour away... someone is going to be one happy camper come tomorrow morning. How many of you have you ...
The drawing is less then an hour away... someone is going to be one happy camper come tomorrow morning. How many of you have you played? What would you do with that kind of cash (besides the obvious... guns )
So with all that money, how would you spend it and what would you do? After you clean your pants from the sudden uncontrollable discharge of fecal matter that is...
After a cash lump sum I would be looking at $390-410 Mil or so... after taxes somewhere you are looking around $250-290 Mil give or take.
- I'd give 15% of it to my parents so they can retire and live comfortably.
- I'd give money to everyone I am related to, not as much, but enough so they can get some nice things and pay off all their debt.
- I'd give my co-workers some money to help them out. Most of them are struggling financially.
- I'd give money to my closest friends... Not the ones who suddenly want to be my friends after I win. I know who my real friends are now. They would get a nice pay out.
- I'd pay all my debt.
- I'd buy a few cars.
- Obviously I'd have a Fort Knox sized arsenal of guns and ammo of every kind, including class 3 firearms.
- I'd give a million or so to my ex-wife to shut her up and get her off my back.
- I'd take her to court first before I gave her anything to get 50/50 custody of my son.
- I'd build a modest (Not overly 'Hey I have a **** ton of money' type house on a fair plot of land where I could hunt, fish and enjoy the outdoors, I wouldn't want some mansion... it's just not me.
- I'd have one hell of a man cave.
- I'd open a business to build computers and hire people since it is my passion, that or a gun store.
- I'd fly ALL of my family first class to travel in the Caribbean, then take a cruise while there. Then I'd take another trip to Europe.
- I would also be extremely generous with my money. I would help people who really need the help. Not the ones who beg. There is a clerk at a convenience store that I stop in every morning to get my Mountain Dew. Her husband needs open heart surgery. I know she is struggling and I'd be the kind of guy that says "Get whatever you need done and send me the bill".
- I'd also start an organization to really crack down on government abuse and help people who are bullied by bureaucratic unaccountable government agencies, I would help these people financially in order fight the feds legally and to right the injustice in court.
- Obviously I'd be one of those people who'd be like "Oh I like that... I want it"... Even thought I've lived my whole life without one, suddenly I need it because I saw it on TV or in the store and I would like it.
- I'd stock my fridge with Mountain Dew and B&J Chocolate Fudge brownie ice cream
I'd also take about 10% of the total winnings and invest it stock, IRA's and mutual funds. So 10% of $290 million is 2.9 million. At 2.9 million say at 5% (I could live off the interest @ 145K a year alone) and I'd still have that 90% lump sum to roll around in, assuming I could spend it all. But with proper investment of that 10%, after all the nice things I'd bought I could live off that interest and still be able to afford the property taxes, business etc.. with those interest payments. In short I could live of the interest of the rest of my life and never go broke because I would have invested my money wisely so I would have a source of income assuming I burned through the rest.
This is where people go wrong and end up broke. Once the money is gone and there are no investment or IRA's... once you are broke. It's game over. You have a $500k house and no way to pay the taxes... Then you loose it and are stuck with a **** ton of debt and no money.
Also if you buy say $2-3 million in precious metal Gold, Silver and Platinum, it's a second safety net since it has intrinsic value and will always be a valuable tangible asset.
Enough rambling... How would you spend it?
I need new socks. I'd get those.
And you know I could have me a million more friends, and all I'd have to lose is my point of view. -- John Prine (A Good Time)
Universal Background Checks...the next step towards registration and confiscation.
AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
I already told the other DC Forum Moderators that I was going to give each and every one of them a $10.00 Gift Certificate to Wal Mart.
Who just checked his or her tickets and didn't win squat?....ahhhh....that would be me.
I think the first thing ya'll want to do is hire a great C.P.A. For instance, 10% of $ 290 M is $29 M so if you earn 5% that is $1.450 M annually before tax or about $1 M after income taxes, dependent on your state. Plus, if you give away much (more than $ 5 M or so), you'll owe gift tax, so if ya'll win, you'll need serious tax help. So, let's be big winners tonight! I'll help you minimize all of those taxes.
2-4-23-38-46, mb 23
Start my own range here in Texas with a 1500 yard rifle range and the most kick butt pro shop ever... Then on grand opening day throw a big defensivecarry. Com party! I already know a gun shop owner in the area to go in cahoots with.
I won something!
I have no clue what i am going to do with it. I may give it all away since I'm so generous.
Neither the office pool nor I matched anything. If I had won, I'd make sure I had enough invested to be able to live comfortabily. Then nothing for at least 6 months to let the dust settle and figure out what to do next.
At least as of 11:56, I don't think they have announced if anyone won. If yes, congratulations. If no, Tuesday will be insane. Pot is reported will be $975 million.
NRA RSO & Certified Basic Pistol Instructor
Got my tickets, didn’t win, oh well such is life.
When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
"Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."
Hóka-héy! Crazy Horse
I didn't win, but theres no harm in fantasizing.
First, I'd hire a lawyer, an accountant, and a tax guy.
After that I'd:
-Pay back my parents for every cent they've ever spent on me, and then make sure they wouldn't have to work a single day again, if they so desired.
-Give both sets of grandparents some
-Give the sister some
-Give a bit to the closer aunts, uncles, and cousins
-Buy myself a new truck, nothing fancy, probably a plain jane F-250
-Buy an extremely large plot of land and build a reasonable house for a family of four, and a combination indoor/outdoor range that will suit handguns all the way up to one of those nifty extreme long range rifles.
-Get every single gun I've ever wanted. I don't think that would take more than $2,000,000
-Hire Morgan Freeman to narrate my life for a week
-Donate $2,500,000 to my old high school's band program
-Donate $15,000,000 to WVU's School of Music to be used for upgrading the building to be one of the best music centers in the world.
-Split up $10,000,000 to various worthy charities (the kinds where you know exactly where your money is going)
-Help out anyone who genuinely deserves it but doesn't beg for it....kind of like that Will Smith movie, but without me killing myself.
-I'd save/invest the rest. I could probably live off interest for the rest of my life, but I would want to stay employed. If my estimations are close, that would probably leave me with a few hundred million dollars left over.
Haven't check my ticket yet... Maybe im a winner...
I would rather live my life as if there is a God,
And die to find out there isn't, than live my life
As if there isn't, and die to find out there is.
Haven't checked my ticket yet but I can guarantee that I am NOT a winner. I'll guarantee that if I was wrong and actually won, hell would have frozen over.
EDC - Glock 21C, M&P Shield .40 AND
Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
Member - SAF, OFF,
NRA Life Member
They say a winning ticket was sold in Baltimore County Maryland. Other states have not reported yet. So at this point it could be a single winner!
Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis