Bigfoot

Bigfoot

This is a discussion on Bigfoot within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Here is a link from Outdoor Life claiming that the National Park Service is wanting to tax bigfoot hunters. My question is are the National ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Bigfoot

Bigfoot

Here is a link from Outdoor Life claiming that the National Park Service is wanting to tax bigfoot hunters. My question is are the National Park Service or the US Government acknowledging that Bigfoot exists? Or this another attempt from the Obama appointed Park service in collecting more taxes? Another question to the members here is that if you are hiking in the woods or live in a rural area and happen to spot Bigfoot, what would be the reaction of all you guys? I remember at a previous deer lease in Splendora, TX some members of my hunting club did spot a so called Bigfoot about five years ago and they spooked it and it ran in the woods.

http://www.outdoorlife.com/blogs/new...MjY3Nzk0NzgwS0

If I ran into him, I'd probably offer him a beer, bum a cigarette, and ask him if he had any sisters.
    DanielC and RichB70 like this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

He was spotted in our neck of the woods not long ago according to Animal Planet. Our local hardware store is selling Wood Booger T-Shirts. I guess if I see him, I'd ask him if he'd mind posing for a picture with me, so I can prove that he exists.

Seems to me that if Big Foot really existed, with all the hunters we have in this country that shoot at anything that moves, and all the hikers/photographers we have hiking the woods, we'd either have photos, DNA, or a dead Big Foot by now. Seeing how we have no substantial proof, no legit photos, no DNA, no dead one, no live one caught in a trap, nothing, I doubt I'll run across him.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Big foot does exist... it's the park service

Bigfoot does exist! Likely an NSA agent in costume now.

Quote Originally Posted by tkruf View Post
    He was spotted in our neck of the woods not long ago according to Animal Planet. Our local hardware store is selling Wood Booger T-Shirts. I guess if I see him, I'd ask him if he'd mind posing for a picture with me, so I can prove that he exists.

Seems to me that if Big Foot really existed, with all the hunters we have in this country that shoot at anything that moves, and all the hikers/photographers we have hiking the woods, we'd either have photos, DNA, or a dead Big Foot by now. Seeing how we have no substantial proof, no legit photos, no DNA, no dead one, no live one caught in a trap, nothing, I doubt I'll run across him.
    Ya know, "its just all the hunters/shooters who do take the shot, have a hard time hitting the target as its running."

I remember hearing that on a big foot investigation show. Really i could understand if it ran perpendicular away from the shooter, but most stories say he ran straight back. Really?
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best!

Administrator
    They say that the only way to prove that one exists is to shoot one. BUT, there have been folks that have shot at them and the bullets had no effect. The theory is that they may be inter-dimensional creatures from a parallel universe.

Where you'll really get into trouble though if you shoot a man in a monkey suit.

Anyone engaging in business within the park pays a fee. It's the Gov, what else would you expect?

5.3 Business operations.
    Engaging in or soliciting any busi- ness in park areas, except in accord- ance with the provisions of a permit, contract, or other written agreement with the United States, except as such may be specifically authorized under special regulations applicable to a park area, is prohibited.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefjason View Post
    Anyone engaging in business within the park pays a fee. It's the Gov, what else would you expect?

5.3 Business operations.
    Engaging in or soliciting any busi- ness in park areas, except in accord- ance with the provisions of a permit, contract, or other written agreement with the United States, except as such may be specifically authorized under special regulations applicable to a park area, is prohibited.
    I don't think it's necessarily "tax", but a permit to purchase. To conduct something that would be considered a commercial business, I believe you'd have to apply for and receive a permit. Conducting group tours for bigfoot would be a commercial business. It just so happens I drove through a National Forest yesterday and remember seeing a sign along side the road pertaining to, and I don't remember the exact wording, but no commercial business allowed.

I think it's a matter of trying to keep the Parks family-oriented and non-commercialized?
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Wasn't there some legislation recently by a State to make the "Sasquatch" a protected species? Kind of like Scotland making it a crime to hunt down and kill Nessie in Loch Ness. Now do they wish to "tax" hunters? Geez. Are we that at a loss for revenue?

I think there really is a Sasquatch type of creature, there is so much about our planet we do not know of. Case in point, life at 20 some thousand feet in the cold crushing darkness of the ocean where we once thought nothing could exist but we were wrong. Maybe the Government is going to actually say one exists for sure.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    They say that the only way to prove that one exists is to shoot one. BUT, there have been folks that have shot at them and the bullets had no effect. The theory is that they may be inter-dimensional creatures from a parallel universe.

Where you'll really get into trouble though if you shoot a man in a monkey suit.

I can see the headlines now "Hillbilly Shots Fellow Hillbilly in Bigfoot Outfit".
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

mkh
    I don't know if Bigfoot is real or not. I read a couple of years ago that there are several thousand known airplane crashes up and down the east coast of the US and into Alaska that we haven't been able to find the remains of. If we know they are out there and stationary ( crashed aircraft don't roam around) and can't locate them then it is entirely possible that there is a creature roaming around that we haven't proved the existence of.

If they prove it or not I really don't care. Besides if they did find one he would probably be anti 2a.

VIP Member
    The government has long taxed Christmas gifts without necessarily acknowledging or denying the existence of Santa Claus.
    JoJoGunn and tcox4freedom like this.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

VIP Member
    Which leads to my next thought-- what do Bigfoot and Santa Claus have in common? They are both some guy in a suit.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    The government has long taxed Christmas gifts without necessarily acknowledging or denying the existence of Santa Claus.
    Haven't you seen Miracle on 34th St. The Federal Government acknowledged the existence of Santa when they sent him mail while he was on trial...
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links