I'd like to introduce a new member to our family, "Duke"!

This is a discussion on I'd like to introduce a new member to our family, "Duke"! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Been on the search for one of these for years and this one practically fell into my lap... Picked him up yesterday morning, poor guy ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: I'd like to introduce a new member to our family, "Duke"!

I'd like to introduce a new member to our family, "Duke"!

Been on the search for one of these for years and this one practically fell into my lap... Picked him up yesterday morning, poor guy has seen better days but I took him to the vet and he checked out A-OK! He's great with our 3 kids and my wife and I, and he's getting used to our little lap dog Bailey. Bailey is usually the instigator as it seems Duke could really care less about the other dog most of the time.

He's a moose, but a big baby who just loves attention (and needs it)... He's a little underweight so we're working on that as well, but he's doing great in his new home and seems to really be enjoying himself. :D

Anyway, without further ado, here's 'Duke'!

Excited to meet his new family, you can tell by the look in his eyes!

Duke by N0YZE Photo, on Flickr

Getting comfy on the long ride home:

Beauty and the Beast:

Learning new tricks (they crawled about 3 feet together, Duke does whatever Landon does):

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Congratulations and thank you for giving him a good home!
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

VIP Member
    One of the big things that people don't realize is how well bully breeds interact with kids. My boxers and boston's are great. Another heads up about bully breeds is they they can rip some world class farts. There are also positives to this as well!
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

What a great thing! Congratulations and many happy years to Duke and your family!
    Never pick a fight with an old man...If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you - John Steinbeck
    Come to Colorado...the governor is loopy
    .................................................. .................................................. ......................They Live

The excitement in his eyes of the first photo is riveting!
    Rock and Glock likes this.

OD*
    Congratulations!

And I couldn't agree more with DontTreadOnI, thank you for giving him a safe place to live.
    Rock and Glock and oneshot like this.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

"There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

OD*
    Quote Originally Posted by C hawk Glock View Post
    Another heads up about bully breeds is they they can rip some world class farts. There are also positives to this as well!
    Man, you got that right, it's even worse when your Bully's like vegetables.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

"There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

Big Haus....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Senior Member Array Kimberpackn's Avatar
    Great looking bully!
    We should not forget that the spark which ignited the American Revolution was caused by the British attempt to confiscate the firearms of the colonists. -

Patrick Henry

LOL!

Thanks guys... and yes, he ripped one of those world class jobs on the way home. Probably doesn't help he'd been raised on Kibbles and Bits lol. Once you get to know their personality it's easier to see past their aggressive look. Being new and not knowing his history I still have my guard up, but he's shown me no sign of aggression toward people and really could care less about other dogs it seems... time will tell, but so far he's been great. I just hope he doesn't eat through his kennel and decide to eat our couch and dining table lol.

Rescue dogs seem to know they got another reprieve on life and show it with lots of attention,thank god my Lab/Greyhound doesn't have any intestinal issues yet,I had a dog once that musta had some gas that burnt coming out he'd yelp and look at his rear end just before the nauseous cloud hit,only cure was start burning matches
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I had a dog once that musta had some gas that burnt coming out he'd yelp and look at his rear end just before the nauseous cloud hit,only cure was start burning matches
    I had a yellow lab like that once, he wouldn't yelp but he'd look at it then look at you with his head down as if to say "I am SOOOOO sorry...".

Whoever said you can't buy love hasn't been 'shopping' at a rescue shelter! A good home and family for a good pooch!

Bravo Zulu!
    wmhawth likes this.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Senior Member Array Kimberpackn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by C hawk Glock View Post
    One of the big things that people don't realize is how well bully breeds interact with kids. My boxers and boston's are great. Another heads up about bully breeds is they they can rip some world class farts. There are also positives to this as well!
    Three Bostons in our household. Amen to the world class farts. It is a fact that brachycephalic or smushed faced breed take in lots of air as they breath. This is the root of the gas attacks.
    We should not forget that the spark which ignited the American Revolution was caused by the British attempt to confiscate the firearms of the colonists. -

Patrick Henry

I'm partial to this breed. I have two!! Great looking dog!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links