James O'Keefe strikes again pretending to be AG Eric Holder...while voting!!!!!

This is a discussion on James O'Keefe strikes again pretending to be AG Eric Holder...while voting!!!!! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Great video of the Attorney General being put in his place about voter ID laws seeing that he seems to think they are not necessary. ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Hopyard
  • 1 Post By Toorop
  • 1 Post By Toorop
  • 2 Post By BigStick

Thread: James O'Keefe strikes again pretending to be AG Eric Holder...while voting!!!!!

Senior Member Array RightyLefty's Avatar

Great video of the Attorney General being put in his place about voter ID laws seeing that he seems to think they are not necessary. Also a great little jab at Holder over the whole Fast & Furious scandal.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...-Holder-Ballot
    Last edited by Rock and Glock; April 9th, 2012 at 11:23 AM.

I live in West Virginia and also work the polls during elections. West Virginia law will require showing a form of identification if we suspect the voter is not registered, their signature on the poll book does not match or is not similar to the photo copy on the book itself, they have taken advantage of our early voting and are trying to vote again or they are coming to this precinct to attempt to vote again after doing it in another one. We have a list posted on what forms are acceptable. If they cannot show an acceptable form, they can vote, but with a Provisional Ballot that will be considered at the Board of Canvass following the closing of the polls and before the election results are certified. We do not deny the right to vote, ever.

We take this very seriously because we want to put a lid on voter fraud. We do not want to keep people from voting, it is their right, but we also want to challenge those who are trying to fraud the system and sway the vote. It is illegal and we will put a stop to it if we can.

This shows that in many places, a voter being asked for identification will cut down on the number of those committing fraud at the voting booth. This hurts the legal voters because if it goes unchecked, those seeking office and may be involved in this fraud will get into office by breaking the law. It isn't about stopping people from voting, it's about stopping the fraud.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

VIP Member
    Can we give the partisan politics a rest?

There is a difference between talking about policy and poll parrot repetition of political propaganda.
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

No politics or this thread will be closed in a Colorado nano-second and I've had too much coffee and not enough time so everybody relax or I'll drink MORE coffee...........And no one will like the result..........I did one edit and I will not do any more........

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

I'll agree with Hopyard here... but the video does pose an interesting problem... And I don't know how to fix it without voter ID.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    Many would argue that voting is more important for the defense and wellbeing of this county than owning firearms is. So if we don't need to show ID to vote, then we shouldn't need to show ID to purchase firearms, right??? Well, that's a question that I know how people here will answer, but the point is that voting is a very serious and important action.
    Walk softly ...

Isn't he the same moron who made that video about ACORN and lied about it? He staged the whole thing?

As far as voter fraud, there is no significant problem with voter fraud at the voting booth. I believe they said it is like 0.0002 of 1% that is a problem. Not statistically significant and worth the time to spend changing all of these laws. Not to mention all the older folks and veterans as well as poor they will be disenfranchising. The laws they want to enact would do nothing to stop the problem, only keep the poor and elderly from voting. Why do so many want to keep the elderly, veterans, and poor from exercising their rights?

Link 1.
    Link 2.
    Link 3.

Either way James O'Keefe should be in jail and it looks like he stole AG Eric Holders identity. I hope he goes away for a long time and meets bubba.
    Hopyard likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by BigStick View Post
    Many would argue that voting is more important for the defense and wellbeing of this county than owning firearms is. So if we don't need to show ID to vote, then we shouldn't need to show ID to purchase firearms, right??? Well, that's a question that I know how people here will answer, but the point is that voting is a very serious and important action.
    And to buy a bible, to protest, to enter a church, to own a crucifix, right? To buy a book? What about write a post on the internet? Should all of those things require an ID?

And you don't need an ID to buy a gun, unless it is from a dealer. The rest of the market is pretty unregulated at the state level.
    Hopyard likes this.

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Toorop View Post
    The laws they want to enact would do nothing to stop the problem, only keep the poor and elderly from voting. Why do so many want to keep the elderly, veterans, and poor from exercising their rights?
    Doesn't the military issue ID to veterans? And why are old people and the poor incapable of producing evidence of who they are? If the laws are written properly, the only people they will keep from voting are illegals, fraudulent voters and dead people. How is this a bad thing?

Or is it that those type of votes are the ones that the politicians can buy, so they are upset that they might lose them. I don't want dead people voting about my gun rights or any other laws or elected officials that make them.
    MleeC and msgt/ret like this.
    Walk softly ...

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigStick View Post
    Doesn't the military issue ID to veterans? And why are old people and the poor incapable of producing evidence of who they are?
    I can answer this with 3 different real life examples.

1) My mom when she was alive. She never had a driver's license. Never had a passport. By her mid-80s her birth certificate
    had disappeared. Her only identity card with a photo on it was a library card. Should she have suddenly become a non-person stripped of rights at that age?

2) A professor I had. WWII Veteran. Born in IL. Applied for a Passport. Was told he needed a birth certificate. Didn't have
    one. The building that housed the records of his birth 47 years earlier had burned down. He did have a DL, but as you know
    today'd ID requirements for work and other stuff go beyond a DL-- which not all that long ago was merely a piece of cardboard
    with your name, ht, wt, and eye color inked in.

3) From the old Usenet Discussion forum misc.legal.moderated --- a 35 year old woman wrote with this dilemma. Her husband died. She did not have a DL. They wouldn't issue it without a birth certificate. The birth certificate folks wouldn't issue a copy of the b.certificate without a DL. Check mate.

Look, many people are raised in messy households or in homes where there have been fires and thefts. Sometimes replacing papers is not something that can be done without substantial additional proof; old school photos and records for example. Old IRS filings.

But the biggest reason why we shouldn't want a universal ID is that we wish to remain a free people. Every totalitarian government institutes a papers please approach to keeping people under control. Whatever problems we have, the last solution we should be looking at is "papers please." It won't go well in the long run.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    this thread will be closed in a Colorado nano-second
    ?????

I'm native to Denver, CO & have never heard this .... what is a "Colorado" nano-second vs. a standard / generic nano-second?
    Asked by a CNN reporter "What do you feel when you shoot a terrorist"?, the Marine sniper simply shrugged & replied "recoil".

Now more than ever, we are at war on our home soil ... WAKE UP & arm our troops when they are on home soil!

Administrator
    Closed. Politics unrelated to firearms, self-defense, 2nd Amendment etc.
    Please see applicable forum rule below.

9. We have learned from bitter experience that discussions of certain subjects (politics, religion, abortion, sexual orientation, etc) often degenerate quickly. For this reason, we DO NOT allow the discussion of these topics.
    We also discourage "caliber war" threads and strongly encourage you not to post a thread starting one. Regardless of your level of experience, caliber is a personal preference and what is right for you may not be right for others.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Sponsored Links