Special Forces Trained Foreign Terrorists

This is a discussion on Special Forces Trained Foreign Terrorists within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; US Special Forces Trained Foreign Terrorists In Nevada To Fight Iran U.S. Joint Special Operations Command (JSOC) trained members of the Iranian opposition group Mujahideen-e-Khalq ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Special Forces Trained Foreign Terrorists

US Special Forces Trained Foreign Terrorists In Nevada To Fight Iran
    U.S. Joint Special Operations Command (JSOC) trained members of the Iranian opposition group Mujahideen-e-Khalq (M.E.K.) at a secretive site in Nevada from 2005 to at least 2007, as reported by Seymour M. Hersh at The New Yorker.

M.E.K. has been listed as a “foreign terrorist organization” since 1997. It is a felony in U.S. law to knowingly provide material support or resources to a foreign terrorist organization.

Five Iranian nuclear scientists have been assassinated since 2007. Early last month two senior Obama officials said that the attacks were the work of M.E.K. and that the group is "financed, trained and armed by Israel’s secret service [i.e. Mossad]."

In 2002 M.E.K. publicly revealed that Iran had begun enriching uranium at a secret underground location and the information was provided by Mossad, according to then-head of the International Atomic Energy Agency Mohamed ElBaradei.

Iran 'Terrorist Organization' Trained by US In Nevada - Business Insider
    NRA PATRON LIFE
    BROWN WATER NAVY

Not surprising in the least.

Various elements of out government, usually agencies identified only with a bunch of letters instead of names, have trained all sorts of foreign nationals both here and abroad over the years. Operating under "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" notion, we've trained Laotians, Cambodians, Chinese, South Africans, Koreans, Indians, Pakistanis, Saudi Arabians, Syrians, Iranians, Iraqis, Eqyptians, Afghanis, Colombians, Cubans, Panamanians, Mexicans and numerous more who sooner or later used that training against us or against our allies. Sadly, it's all about the "here and now" with regard to political friends and enemies. I call it the "Wimpy School of Foreign Policy" - "I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today." (Wimpy from the Popeye cartoons - yes, I'm dating myself!)
    MikeNice, Toorop and WHEC724 like this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Distinguished Member Array Toorop's Avatar
    We have been arming terrorists as well for a long time. Senator Peter T. King supported and campaigned on the idea of helping the IRA.

Representative Peter King, a Former Supporter of the Terrorist IRA, Claims WikiLeaks a Terrorist Organization | Death and Taxes

Reagan armed FARC and Iranian terrorists in his Iran-Contra Scandal then lied about it to the American people and the congress. This is nothing new.
    Hopyard and Hoganbeg like this.

Back before they kicked the Shah out of Iran we trained Iranians in the USA.I was stationed at Lackland AFB in 1976,rumor was they got paid a bucketload of money,and they were in every bar downtown getting drunk and being taken advantage of by women that frequented those bars.
    If our government can find a way to deal with a current situation by sliding under the covers with an organization they will do it and do it covertly,the problem is that a few years down the road they are now the problem
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Lead Moderator
    You have to remember there is a very fine line between patriot and terrorist, and very often it depends on where you stand in relation to the line!
    Hoganbeg, rammerjammer and Aiko like this.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

There is a difference between training and equipping 'freedom fighters' or what ever term you want to use. There is another difference if you are equipping and training what your government has deemed terrorists. Does/has it happened. Of course. Is it productive? Could be (I would have to kill you if I told you LOL). Will it happen in the future? You bet. Is it your only alternative at the time (ex equipping the Taliban vs USSR)
    l1a1 likes this.

VIP Member
    Well for such high speed training to have occured in Nevada it must have happened at Front Sight. Bet they all bought Platinum memberships to.
    Hopyard likes this.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Quote Originally Posted by tacman605 View Post
    Well for such high speed training to have occured in Nevada it must have happened at Front Sight. Bet they all bought Platinum memberships to.
    You forgot the Sarcasm starts and ends tags

Quote Originally Posted by rstickle View Post
    You have to remember there is a very fine line between patriot and terrorist, and very often it depends on where you stand in relation to the line!
    It really just depoends on who gets to write the history books.
    Some famous terrorists of the past....
    Menachem Begin....... ended up winning the Nobel Peace Prize
    Yasser Arafat...... Same.
    Nelson Mandella....... Same.

If we had lost in our bid for independance our kids would be going to Benedict Arnold elementary school and hearing about that traitor named Washington.

Take a look back at how good old Joe Stalin was regarded over the last eighty years or so.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SatCong View Post
    [B]US Special Forces Trained Foreign Terrorists In Nevada To Fight Iran

Five Iranian nuclear scientists have been assassinated since 2007.
    Here, I removed all the extraneous stuff and got to the meat of the story. Any complaints?
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Here, I removed all the extraneous stuff and got to the meat of the story. Any complaints?
    Gee, wonder why folks hate us. Seems like we are the only ones responsible with nukes. And now we are upset about N. Korea launching a satellite because it could be a hidden ICBM test. Well, so nobody else can test rockets and start a space program unless it is deemed OK by us. Jeez. I am not naive nor stupid. But when we stop being the worlds police and let countries settle things amongst themselves then I will be happy.
    Now back to the Iranian Scientists. I ask you if it is OK for Iran to other counntries to come here and target and kill US scientists working on bunker busting bombs?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Gee, wonder why folks hate us. Seems like we are the only ones responsible with nukes. And now we are upset about N. Korea launching a satellite because it could be a hidden ICBM test. Well, so nobody else can test rockets and start a space program unless it is deemed OK by us. Jeez. I am not naive nor stupid. But when we stop being the worlds police and let countries settle things amongst themselves then I will be happy.
    Now back to the Iranian Scientists. I ask you if it is OK for Iran to other counntries to come here and target and kill US scientists working on bunker busting bombs?
    Are you suggesting that the U.S. is responsible for popping those scientists? Who has more skin in the game - the Obama administration or Israel?

Yea, our foreign policy leaves a lot to be desired, but I don't think we're the only dog in the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    Are you suggesting that the U.S. is responsible for popping those scientists? Who has more skin in the game - the Obama administration or Israel?

Yea, our foreign policy leaves a lot to be desired, but I don't think we're the only dog in the fight.
    I was responding to Hopyards post which to I interpretted that he thought it was good we trained the folks that carried out the assinations. Which makes us the trigger men. That is all. I am not saying it is always a bad thing. But what comes around goes around. We are the most hypocritical nation around. We feel we can threaten and do harm to anybody that looks at us sideways but OMG if someone wants to test a missle or something.
    mcp1810 likes this.

VIP Member
    I sometimes wish Israel would train us. At least on foreign policy.

And I am still going get some Krav Maga training at some point.
    OD* likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    I sometimes wish Israel would train us. At least on foreign policy.

And I am still going to take a Krav Maga class at some point.
    Don't take this wrong:Are you insane!
    Not that I like the UN and they are pretty impotent but they have done more resolutions against Isreal than any other country. They are hated more than the US around the world. Even some non muslim nations have an unfavorable view on Isreal. More so than countries like Iran and Syria
    Please explain to me what part of their foreign policy you envy?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links