Bad? - Man Robs Bank With Plunger

This is a discussion on Bad? - Man Robs Bank With Plunger within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Well, I guess the SHTF, literally? Man robs bank with toilet plunger. Man with plunger tries to rob New York bank, police say | Fox ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Bad? - Man Robs Bank With Plunger

Well, I guess the SHTF, literally? Man robs bank with toilet plunger.

Man with plunger tries to rob New York bank, police say | Fox News
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

And no one took him on? I mean really....
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

I hear New York is in an all out panic, they will probably be pulling over every plumber truck they can find looking for those assault plungers!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Come to think of it, if it was one of those evil, black short-handled plungers I can see why people cowered.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Distinguished Member
    Well, all joking aside, it probably stems from bank policy to give a robber, regardless of weapon displayed or weapon hinted at, anything they ask for and to not take personal action or risk termination. It is probably the corporate lawyers who wrote up the policies on that for litigation avoidance should something go wrong (for example, teller sees plunger, tries to tackle him, he pulls out a gun and shoots).
    EDC - M&P Shield .40 OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by accessbob View Post
    Well, all joking aside, it probably stems from bank policy to give a robber, regardless of weapon displayed or weapon hinted at, anything they ask for and to not take personal action or risk termination. It is probably the corporate lawyers who wrote up the policies on that for litigation avoidance should something go wrong (for example, teller sees plunger, tries to tackle him, he pulls out a gun and shoots).
    Yeah, I remember an article about a guy walking into a bank and asking for money, no hint or mention of a weapon, and the bank complied.
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

A booger on the tip of your finger would likely cow people into doing your bidding... A plunger may well get them to do atrocities...
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Time to register plungers.
    AR15VSCoyote likes this.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kapnketel View Post
    Time to register plungers.
    But that would only lead to a ban on high power plungers and we'd be stuck with the ones that don't work so well. Also, the government would know where to go to collect the plungers if they so desired and then what would we do if they took them away and our toilets got clogged? No, I would prefer no plunger registration.
    Badey and Paymeister like this.
    EDC - M&P Shield .40 OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

When seconds count, plumbers are just minutes away.
    Dadsnugun likes this.
    "Legitimate use of violence can only be that which is required in self-defense."
    Ron Paul.

We mock England a lot about their draconian weapons policies, but I bet if you tried to rob a bank with a plunger there you'd wind up with teeth in a basket.

Senior Member Array CowboyColby's Avatar
    When the cops showed up they would be trying in pull that thing out of the BG's butt cause thats where I'd shove it on him.

Flush the turd......BANG, thanks for playing....

Quote Originally Posted by CowboyColby View Post
    When the cops showed up they would be trying in pull that thing out of the BG's butt cause thats where I'd shove it on him.
    I think the cops may just want to sit this one out...

Abner Louima
    “Put your pain in a box. Lock it down. No man is stronger than one who can harness his emotions.” -Act of Valor

I did an image search for "Massive Plunger" and this was one of the top results:

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links