Word of the day-- INEPTOCRACY - Page 2

Word of the day-- INEPTOCRACY

This is a discussion on Word of the day-- INEPTOCRACY within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Hopyard Yes-- Absolutely. If you tell lies you are committing libel. That is not free speech. We have tolerated it since the ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Word of the day-- INEPTOCRACY

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Yes-- Absolutely. If you tell lies you are committing libel. That is not free speech.
    We have tolerated it since the beginning, and paid a high price for it as well.

And since you called me a syncophant, on no basis whatsoever as you do not know a thing about me,
    it is clear that you are quite willing to libel others.

We can't have good governance when everyone with a keyboard spreads libelous lies.

Here is part of the text:

SECT. 3. And be it further enacted and declared, That if any person shall be prosecuted under this act for the writing or publishing any libel aforesaid, it shall be lawful for the defendant, upon the trial of the cause, to give in evidence in his defence, the truth of the matter contained in the publication charged as a libel. And the jury who shall try the cause shall have a right to determine the law and the fact, under the direction of the court, as in other cases.
    lies?
    what lies? it is my opinion that the mack daddy who goes around bowing to muslim leaders apologizing for my country is inept, incompetent and unfit for the office he holds.
    you are advocating a very dangerous position of trying to limit people's words and thoughts just because they aren't in sync with yours, I submit that it is you and people of your ilk that are for more dangerous to our republic.
    Last edited by rocky; April 16th, 2012 at 03:09 PM. Reason: remove language

Lead Moderator
    Thread have become political charged. Closed.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links