Word of the day-- INEPTOCRACY

This is a discussion on Word of the day-- INEPTOCRACY within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; New Word INEPTOCRACY Could not find it in my old Webster's. Googled it and discovered it is a recently "coined" new word found on a ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Word of the day-- INEPTOCRACY

VIP Member

New Word INEPTOCRACY

Could not find it in my old Webster's. Googled it and discovered it is a recently "coined" new word found on a T shirt on eBay. Getting really close to the bone! Read this one over slowly and absorb the facts that totally are within this sentence!

I love this word and believe that it will become a recognized English word.
    Finally, a word to describe our current political situation.

Ineptocracy (in-ep-toc'-ra-cy) - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing; and, where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.
    RMS, MleeC and marcclarke like this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    New Word INEPTOCRACY

Could not find it in my old Webster's. Googled it and discovered it is a recently "coined" new word found on a T shirt on eBay. Getting really close to the bone! Read this one over slowly and absorb the facts that totally are within this sentence!

I love this word and believe that it will become a recognized English word.
    Finally, a word to describe our current political situation.
    I like it! It reminds me of an old joke:

Q: What's the opposite of a pro?

A: Con.

Q: What's the opposite of progress?

A: Congress!
    wmhawth likes this.
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

there is a movie called idiocracy, google it and try and get a copy, it is all too real

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    there is a movie called idiocracy, google it and try and get a copy, it is all too real
    One of Mike Judge's best, as good as "Office Space", but with a scary message. Grow a thick skin and do NOT watch it on Comedy Channel, like "Blazing Saddles", the censors kill the jokes.

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    re the peter principle though it says in a third fewer words what
    i've been on about for the past 10 years. i am so po'ed as to how my tax money is taken and wasted
    to support a system whose MJO seems to be its own continuance.

how much can we take before 'they' get too angry...
    and how how much of that money can we keep for ourselves while at the
    same time how little can we do without overly dissing the taxpayer into acting
    for their own good--which would be contray proletariat ideals

----well, something along them lines
    Arthritis sucks big-big
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

Appear to fit pretty well with our present day situation...until 20 Jan '13.
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Senior Member Array jblives2ride's Avatar
    Love that word going to spread it around
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God,
    And die to find out there isn't, than live my life
    As if there isn't, and die to find out there is.
    God Bless

Sad but true!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

VIP Member
    Nothing new under the sun. The same complaints were being made from the dawn of our nation.

It is somewhat foolish to claim intellectual deficits in our leaders when almost all of them are self-made and highly
    educated. We may call them idiots, but clearly they are far from that.

"Inept" probably should is a term we apply only because we haven't walked a mile in
    their shoes and had to make the difficult decisions they make.

Truman-- self made man
    Ike- well educated, worked way up through the military ranks
    Kennedy-- highly educated, high intellect
    Johnson--self-made, well educated though not Ivy League or Military Academy level
    Nixon- self-made, well educated, long political career, attorney
    Ford-- ordinary beginnings in life, worked his way up in politics, well educated
    Carter-- brainiac with the smarts to understand nuclear physics, self-made and self-propelled as a politician
    Reagan-- self-made man, I'm uncertain about his formal education but he was not uneducated
    GHWB--high level intellect, Yale graduate, successful business man.
    Clinton-- high level intellect, self-made political career, Yale law degree
    GWB-- for all the jokes about him, high intellect if incurious, M.S. from Harvard
    Obama-- self-made political career; high intellect; Harvard law degree and law professor

Its fun to call our leaders names. But "idiot" or "inept" doesn't apply.

see my signature line
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Poli= many or multiple

Ticks= blood sucking parasites

Politics......
    msgt/ret likes this.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Nothing new under the sun. The same complaints were being made from the dawn of our nation.

It is somewhat foolish to claim intellectual deficits in our leaders when almost all of them are self-made and highly

"Inept" probably should is a term we apply only because we haven't walked a mile in
    their shoes and had to make the difficult decisions they make.

Truman-- self made man
    Johnson--self-made, well educated though not Ivy League or Military Academy level
    Ford-- ordinary beginnings in life, worked his way up in politics, well educated
    Carter-- brainiac with the smarts to understand nuclear physics, self-made and self-propelled as a politician
    Reagan-- self-made man, I'm uncertain about his formal education but he was not uneducated
    GWB-- for all the jokes about him, high intellect if incurious, M.S. from Harvard
    Obama-- self-made political career; high intellect; Harvard law degree and law professor

see my signature line
    I can assure you that while the charlatan that currently is in charge is probably a very intelligent person he is very inept at the the job of governing this nation. He is incompetent in the economic/financial arena and inept in dealing with the other nations in the world. he is encumbered by some false sense of victim hood regarding his alleged kenyon background, hence the disrespect for our strongest ally in the world, the UK. I can go on and on but I suspect you are one of his sycophants who is incapable of understanding obuma's many short comings, for his supposedly being the smartest man in the room, he has really screwed the pooch with his attempts to ruin this great nation.
    MleeC and msgt/ret like this.

Their shoes and had to make the difficult decisions they make.

Truman-- self made man

see my signature line
    Yea Hop, they start out pretty smart. But when they get to Capital Hill or the White House all the smarts they have, automatically leaves there brains.

Oh, but not my guy, he's not the problem!
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by varob View Post
    Yea Hop, they start out pretty smart. But when they get to Capital Hill or the White House all the smarts they have, automatically leaves there brains.

Oh, but not my guy, he's not the problem!
    Which is actually what people say about their own Critter.

I think people confuse the difficult compromises and decisions which get made within existing very complex law and regulation
    with ineptitude or stupidity. I also think there is too much crapola commentary from the gallery--

It might well be time to reconsider the Sedition Act (1798) which never was found unconstitutional. The key element is that the
    law was only broken if the statement about government or its leaders was false. We can't run a country in an ept way
    when we have a multitude of writers and talking heads second guessing everything on the basis of partial information, misinformation, and outright lies. It is the chorus that makes the leaders seem inept.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Which is actually what people say about their own Critter.

I think people confuse the difficult compromises and decisions which get made within existing very complex law and regulation
    with ineptitude or stupidity. I also think there is too much crapola commentary from the gallery--

It might well be time to reconsider the Sedition Act (1798) which never was found unconstitutional. The key element is that the
    law was only broken if the statement about government or its leaders was false. We can't run a country in an ept way
    when we have a multitude of writers and talking heads second guessing everything on the basis of partial information, misinformation, and outright lies. It is the chorus that makes the leaders seem inept.
    are you really trying to infringe on my right to say that the illegal in the white house is an incompetent boob who has installed marxists and associates of terrorists in key positions?
    I wonder why you didn't address my post directly to me, it is the sycophants like you that will enable a swift decent into a tyrannical
    state. what a sad state of affairs.

VIP Member
    Yes-- Absolutely. If you tell lies you are committing libel. That is not free speech.
    We have tolerated it since the beginning, and paid a high price for it as well.

And since you called me a syncophant, on no basis whatsoever as you do not know a thing about me,
    it is clear that you are quite willing to libel others.

We can't have good governance when everyone with a keyboard spreads libelous lies.

Here is part of the text:

SECT. 3. And be it further enacted and declared, That if any person shall be prosecuted under this act for the writing or publishing any libel aforesaid, it shall be lawful for the defendant, upon the trial of the cause, to give in evidence in his defence, the truth of the matter contained in the publication charged as a libel. And the jury who shall try the cause shall have a right to determine the law and the fact, under the direction of the court, as in other cases.
    Andrew Jackson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links