6 Stupid Gun Myths Everyone Believes Thanks to Movies

This is a discussion on 6 Stupid Gun Myths Everyone Believes Thanks to Movies within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; 6 Stupid Gun Myths Everyone Believes (Thanks to Movies) | Cracked.com...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: 6 Stupid Gun Myths Everyone Believes Thanks to Movies

6 Stupid Gun Myths Everyone Believes Thanks to Movies

US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

2. Remove Ads

A glock 7 ... why wasn't this reported earlier

Here is a great movie site for guns. Type in the name of a show or movie and it will tell you all of the guns used in it.
    Main Page - imfdb :. guns in movies :. movie guns :. the internet movie firearms database
    BritishAgent and mano3 like this.

They missed suppressors on revolvers.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    shooterX and mano3 like this.
    And you know I could have me a million more friends, and all I'd have to lose is my point of view. -- John Prine (A Good Time)

Quote Originally Posted by Okemo View Post

Not entirely an untruth. I have a Nagant 1895 which can be suppressed. The cylinder moves forward causing a seal when the trigger is squeezed. I have seen silenced ones in videos and the russians had diagrams on how to make them.

Quote Originally Posted by Okemo View Post

Actually the Model 1895 Nagant Revolver lends itself quite well to being suppressed because the cylinder moves forward onto the forcing cone removing any cylinder gap and thus trapping all the gases into the barrel. A very cool gun design. Watch closely.

-Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Not entirely an untruth. I have a Nagant 1895 which can be suppressed. The cylinder moves forward causing a seal when the trigger is squeezed. I have seen silenced ones in videos and the russians had diagrams on how to make them.
    I have considered purchasing one of these for just that reason. Leave it to the commies to invent a perfect assassins tool. Quiet and does not leave brass laying around after the deed is done.

Michael

I remember the media going nuts over the issue of the airport security issue when the first glocks hit the market. This was long before the movies even had a chance to pick up on them as a movie gun. Anyone else remember how the media was claiming that the only reason a person would ever need a plastic gun would be to evade metal detectors at airports? It was the media, that great protector of truth, that first jumped on that bandwagon. Not the movies.

Michael
    Bark'n likes this.

Senior Member Array Inspector71's Avatar
    I've always wanted one of those slick six-guns they used in those ole B-Western movies. You know, the ones where you could ride full speed on horseback and shoot off 20 or 30 shots without even having to slow down and reload. Man, those things were accurate too. Ole Gene could whip that thing using only his wrist, never pausing to aim mind you, and pick off those fellers in black hats running full speed every time.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. Because it's in English, thank a vet

Ive been wanting a 1911 like in most movies that can go through a whole 2 hour movie without ever needing to reload ever.
    Badey likes this.
    When life gives you lemons, Open a lemonaid buisness.

That article seems just as bad as the movies. There are currently guns being produced that can fire when dropped, and chokes certainly do affect the spread

Now now every gun will go off when dropped and even those that can are still relatively safe and it is unusual to see one fire when dropped.

It kills me to see a site "telling people the truth" spew their own bs

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

welcome aboard pmc....
    And you know I could have me a million more friends, and all I'd have to lose is my point of view. -- John Prine (A Good Time)

They also left out how bullets can cause massive explosions!
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    Actually the Model 1895 Nagant Revolver lends itself quite well to being suppressed because the cylinder moves forward onto the forcing cone removing any cylinder gap and thus trapping all the gases into the barrel. A very cool gun design. Watch closely.

Good video with a neat revolver but after he fires the first shot in the vid I thought he'd taken some shrapnel by the way the video progressed for a few seconds while he screwed on the suppressor.

May I be so bold as to add a seventh?

In the days of old it was a well known fact that accuracy and bullet speed was enhanced and improved by the "slinging method. This worked especially well at full speed on horse back, which also allowed the bullet to travel maybe 40 MPH faster.

The "slinging method" was taught to us old farts by the likes of Roy Rogers and The Lone Ranger. If you're not familiar with this older concept, let me familiarize you with it.

Next time you're riding a horse at full speed chasing bad guys, try this; With arm extended fully at the 12 O'clock position with gun in hand, as fast as you can, sling it forward to the three o'clock position and fire simultaneously at the 3 o'clock. Do this repeatedly 37 times with a six shot revolver. I don't know how many rounds you will get with a semi-auto though?

disclaimer: children, do not try this at home.
    Arborigine, Inspector71 and mano3 like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links