Changed my avatar

This is a discussion on Changed my avatar within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I changed my avatar because FINALLY folks are realizing what I have been saying for years. Sidney Crosby is one of the greatest players but ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Caertaker
  • 2 Post By Cold Shot

Thread: Changed my avatar

Changed my avatar

I changed my avatar because FINALLY folks are realizing what I have been saying for years. Sidney Crosby is one of the greatest players but the BIGGEST loser in the game. He has zero class and with him his team also. Go Flyers!

The caption not shown say "Time to finish sniveling Sidney"

I will root for Montreal before I cheer on Penguins. And that says a lot with me growing up in Boston LOL.

2. Remove Ads

Malkin > Crosby in my opinion.
    suntzu likes this.

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    I watched game the game Sunday, neither team looked like they had any class. I have not followed Crosby as he plays in a different division than the Blackhawks (the team with the coolest jersey, I mean sweater). The games in this year playoffs remind me of the old joke "I went to see the fights and a hockey game broke out". I have to respect Boston, it is one of the original six.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Always have to go with original six! And I like the Blackhwaks jersey also. My sons first A team he played for had that as the logo. In fact, he started playing hockey in the rink the Captiols practiced in. Joe Sacco was on the Caps at the time and we played HS hockey together so we have tons of autograhed stuff from the Caps. It was a great 6 years playing hockey there. (Plus I did not mind the free tickets Joe gave me. My wife even went to games when I was deployed and sat with the Capitols wives.)

Quote Originally Posted by kapnketel View Post
    I watched game the game Sunday, neither team looked like they had any class. I have not followed Crosby as he plays in a different division than the Blackhawks (the team with the coolest jersey, I mean sweater). The games in this year playoffs remind me of the old joke "I went to see the fights and a hockey game broke out". I have to respect Boston, it is one of the original six.
    We are total hockey nuts. Have the NHL channel so we watch all the teams. In fact like I posted earlier my son started playing in the DC area and that wasmy wifes first hockey expereince. So the Caps are her favorite team followed by the Bruins. Mine are the opposite. It is so bad that when they play each like now in the Playoffs we have to watch in seperate rooms! I am not joking about that.

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    My daughter's boyfreind is a big Red Wings fan, we both put on our sweaters and watch the games on NBC. Locally we only get some Predators or Columbus games. I love "Hockey Day in America". Of course around here most people do not know what hockey is, let alone be fans.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Quote Originally Posted by kapnketel View Post
    I love "Hockey Day in America". Of course around here most people do not know what hockey is, let alone be fans.
    I do not know what "Hockey Day in America" but growing up in Detroit before the internet, cable or even color TV I can remember tuning in to channel 9 out of Windsor, ON every Saturday night to watch:

What did he do?

It must have been HUGE, since it warranted an official announcement of an avatar change.
    Inspector71 and TheShadow like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Shot View Post
    What did he do?

It must have been HUGE, since it warranted an official announcement of an avatar change.
    I wondered the same thing. I'm not necessarily a Crosby fan, bet he seems like a nice guy from what I heard. I did think he was a bit of a sissy with the whole concussion thing though.
    "All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife." - Daniel Boone

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Shot View Post
    What did he do?

Becasue folks that follow hockey are finally seeing the light. I have been saying since he was a rookie he is a punk, diver, whiner, wimp. But I do admit one of the top 5 players in the world. It only took the rest of the hockey world to figure it out. The players have know this since he was a rookie and have zero respect for the man. The respect his ability. I guess I like the look on all of these Crosby fans who now see him for what he is. I feel vindicated!! Is it immature...you bet But it is not often I get to say "I told ya so!"

Links