Idiot In My Town!! Story & Video. Update At Post 21.

This is a discussion on Idiot In My Town!! Story & Video. Update At Post 21. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I hope he's an organ donor. Might be his only responsible decision. I won't link it here, but there is a pic out there of ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Idiot In My Town!! Story & Video. Update At Post 21.

I hope he's an organ donor. Might be his only responsible decision. I won't link it here, but there is a pic out there of what happens to you if you do this and misjudge a tractor trailer. The guy is neck deep in the rear door. Another motorist had to flag the truck down IIRC, he did not even notice. Guy was DRT. Happened in Tulsa, OK.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

2. Remove Ads

I can't even think of a highway in my State of Oklahoma smooth enough to enable to stay on a bike at that speed. Must have great roads up there.

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by JoeFriday View Post
    It's not just motorcycles. People in cars do similar things. He is more likely to hurt/maim/kill himself than anything.

I'm not big on physics, but some back of envelope calculations...
    Motorcycle @ 180mph = 6,400 foot pounds of force (Weight used for calc 780lbs)
    Corvette @ 180mph = 27,000 foot pounds of force (3250ibs)
    Chevy Tahoe @ 70mph = 16,000 foot pounds of force (5000lbs)

So, if you got hit, would you pick this guy or the soccer mom in the Tahoe doing 70mph? I understand if the object being hit is in motion, that changes things. The point is that videos like this are sensationalist and just look dangerous, but things we encounter every day are just as dangerous but we don't see them that way because they look 'normal'.
    What's the impact force of a 165 Lb body as it flies through the back window of you minivan like a missile @ 100 mph and hits you in the back of the head while you're driving? (Of course he might lose a few pounds if any of his arms and legs get ripped off going through the window).

I have photos of a motorcyclist who drilled the back end of a semi pulling a 48 ft trailer and his head/helmet actually went through the steel trailer door and he was just hanging there attached to the back of the truck. I could post them but it would violate forum rules.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

VIP Member
    If this idiot rides like this frequently, that will be a self-eliminating problem. Splitting lanes is dangerous. Splitting lanes doing 3X the speed of traffic is suicidal. Some cager won't look back 3/4 of a mile and decide to change lanes based on a scan of distances involving reasonable speeds. When that happens - problem solved.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Senior Member Array GoBigOrange's Avatar
    I have a friend who went 191 on his motorcycle....people are idiots.

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefjason View Post
    I hope he's an organ donor. Might be his only responsible decision. I won't link it here, but there is a pic out there of what happens to you if you do this and misjudge a tractor trailer. The guy is neck deep in the rear door. Another motorist had to flag the truck down IIRC, he did not even notice. Guy was DRT. Happened in Tulsa, OK.
    That'd be this guy, if anyone wants to see some pictures. It was confirmed on Snopes.

snopes.com: Tulsa Motorcycle Crash
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Yep, those be the pics I was referring to in my post above. Didn't realize it was on Snopes.

I usually show them during my EMT classes along with a lot of other pics I've accumulated over the years.

You should see the ones I have of an 18 year old girl who stole her dad's Porsche when she was drunk and drilled a concrete bridge abutment in front of a toll booth.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    I almost turned myself into a greasy stain on the road in my youth. I was doing about 130 at the time. Sometimes I can't believe how stupid we are when we're young.
    I think we all have. Remember topping out my speedometer of my 69 roadrunner at 120 and the rpm's where still going up. This was with 3 people in my car and 4 wheel drum brakes....not exactly safe or smart. Live and Learn(hopefully)

Sponsor
    I'm not above a little adrenalin run now and again, but I never exceed the speed of the other traffic when I ride. If want speed there are plenty of good times and stretches of highway with no traffic to get a quick "Rush".

Threading the traffic at high speed is a surefire one way ticket to the morgue. You may be lucky a couple of times but hubris is a big monkey on your back. You start to feel infallible and then WHAM, the law of averages beats you to death with reality.
    T*A*N*S*T*A*A*F*L
    The best things in life are not free.
    They are paid for with the blood of brave men and women!
    M&P Forum
    Ohioans For Concealed Carry
    Holsters

Some folks just have a "DEATH WISH"...There's a time and place for everything and the public highway isn't that place...With that being said, I too have done some really stupid things, and like others, I am probably lucky to be alive, BUT it doesn't replace the fact that it was STUPID... JMO
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    Tulsa biker....

can't help but think --what was the last thing to go through his mind?

when he realized that the truck & he was going to meat...

------------

time and a place for everything....i've been to a number of speedways and Watkins Glen
    to play at fast driving. i was younger and so was my Supra.
    Be aware, be deliberate in your actions and be accurate.
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by claude clay View Post
    Tulsa biker....

------------

time and a place for everything....i've been to a number of speedways and Watkins Glen
    Nothing went THROUGH his mind....he had a helmet on
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Quote Originally Posted by claude clay View Post
    Tulsa biker....

------------

His helmet liner
    msgt/ret likes this.
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.
    Jeff Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by DontTreadOnI View Post
    That'd be this guy, if anyone wants to see some pictures. It was confirmed on Snopes.

snopes.com: Tulsa Motorcycle Crash
    But his helmet saved him! Didn't it?
    But ... I was told a helmet would prevent head injuries.
    ... :(
    LEARN something today so you can TEACH something tomorrow.
    Dominus Vobiscum <))>(
    Where is the wisdom that we have lost in knowledge?" T.S. Elliot

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Moops View Post
    As a sport biker (or I was until recently--I just traded my bike for an awesome Jeep, but that's another story), I'd like to play devil's advocate here.

Yes, riding this way is extremely dangerous. But I would be lying if I said I didn't regularly take my GSXR up into the triple digits. With such a high power to weight ratio, it is incredibly easy to twist that throttle a bit more than necessary to pass. While I never split lanes, I did get a bit of a rush weaving in and out of traffic on the highway. But, having gone through multiple safety courses, and focusing on safety as a regular part of riding, I maintain that I was safer--even riding fast--than the average driver on the road. I can't tell you how many times I zipped past someone in a multi-ton vehicle careening down the road at 70mph whose eyes were locked intently on their cellphone. I may have been driving fast, but I knew where every car on the road was for at least 8-12 seconds in front of me. If one of those yahoos decided to change lanes, I knew almost immediately.
    No matter how many "safety courses" you took you can easily kill yourself by hitting a small patch of gravel, having other people not see you and swerve, hit a deer in the road among hundreds of other things. Glad you're off the bike.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links