Update!! 187MPH Bike From Video I Posted Seized By Police!!

This is a discussion on Update!! 187MPH Bike From Video I Posted Seized By Police!! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Saanich Police have seized a motorcycle seen in a You Tube video blasting down the Trans Canada Highway at nearly 300 km/h. The video is ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By MrBuckwheat

Thread: Update!! 187MPH Bike From Video I Posted Seized By Police!!

VIP Member

Update!! 187MPH Bike From Video I Posted Seized By Police!!

Saanich Police have seized a motorcycle seen in a You Tube video blasting down the Trans Canada Highway at nearly 300 km/h.

The video is shot from a motorcyclist’s perspective as he weaves through rush hour traffic in Saanich.

Now, that bike – a blue Yamaha R1 – is in police possession.

Police think the incident took place on April 6. Shortly after that, a public tip identified the bike and its location in the 800 block of Admirals Road, Esquimalt.

Officers found and photographed the bike. They then forensically matched it to the bike in the You Tube video by comparing scratches and other marks.

Police may have the bike. But, charging the rider is a different story.

"The registered owner of this particular bike is the mother of the person that we believe, allegedly, was driving," says Sergeant Dean Jantzen. "Unfortunately, at this point we are unable to meet the burden to proceed with criminal code charges. However, we have relied upon specific provisions in the motor vehicle act to take action against the registered owner of this vehicle."

Sergeant Jantzen says, even though the owner wasn't driving, she is ultimately responsible and faces the following penalties:

•A violation ticket, charged with driving without due care and attention - $368 penalty.

•Excessive speeding - $483 penalty.

•No insurance - $598 penalty.

•That totals $1,449 in penalties.

Police are also looking to impound the vehicle and possibly seizing in permanently using civil forfeiture procedures.

Police suspect the rider in the video is a 25 year old local man with only a class 8 license, which requires supervision. That driver has 27 driving infractions to his name and 5 previous license suspension. But, at this time, the alleged speeder does not face any criminal charges.

Another version.................

CBC News
    Posted: Apr 19, 2012 10:26 AM PT
    Last Updated: Apr 19, 2012 12:08 PM PT
    Read 250 comments250

Facebook

Twitter

Email

Police on Vancouver Island say they have tracked down an unlicensed and uninsured motorcyclist who posted a YouTube video of a terrifying high-speed run along a busy section of the Trans-Canada Highway.

The rider in the video is believed to be a 25-year-old male with 25 previous infractions, Saanich police revealed Thursday morning. The registered owner of the bike is believed to be his mother, but the bike is not insured, they said.

Police say the bike has been seized but charges have not yet been laid. They are waiting to speak with the alleged rider, but he is not co-operating with police and did not show up for for a meeting on Wednesday.
    Saanich police say the motorcycle in the video is this Yamaha R1. Saanich police say the motorcycle in the video is this Yamaha R1. (CBC)

In the video, the motorcycle rockets past vehicles with the speedometer indicating close to 300 km/h, passing along the centre line, shocking even veteran traffic officers and professional motorcycle riders who have seen it.

On Wednesday, police said they had identified the IP address and the internet service provider used to post the anonymous video on YouTube, and had several tips from the public on the identity of the rider.

On Thursday, police displayed the bike they had seized — a blue Yamaha R1 — and are asking anyone who may have witnessed the high-speed ride to contact them.

The investigators determined the video was recorded on the Trans-Canada Highway, starting just north of McKenzie Ave and ending at the Millstream Road exit. Investigators believe it occurred sometime prior to April 7, when the video was posted.
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    good, I hope they sell the bike off in an auction.

This guy need to lose more than his bike. No insurance, He is part of the problem we have to have UIM and Under insured insurance. Plus you know when he crashes somebody else will get stuck with his medical bills.
    Spade115 and Bark'n like this.

The bike and rider in question are in Canada. That means that when somebody does something criminally stupid, the taxpayers are stuck with their medical bills regardless of what sort of insurance they have.

Regardless, I agree with you. Anyone that rides or drives in that manner on a public road should forfeit their license and probably spend some time in Chez Crowbar.

Ooooh don't sell it at auction! He might get one of his friends to bid on it for him. Crush it.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

VIP Member
    That driver has 27 driving infractions to his name and 5 previous license suspension.
    After such a display such as that his record is not surprising.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

With driving laws in Canada I'm surprised he isn't permanently revoked,they really frown on speeding and they enforce it,unlike the LEO's down here,in fact every LEO I have ever seen on the Highway in South Texas City/County/and State have been speeding at least 10 over with no lights,just normal driving and breaking the law they are supposed to uphold and enforce.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Cane him, like in Singapore, and crush the bike.
    Richard

NRA Life Member

"But if they don't exist, how can a man see them?"

"You may think I'm pompous, but actually I'm pedantic... let me explain the difference."

"Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything."

Links