Crisis of Character - Page 8

Crisis of Character

This is a discussion on Crisis of Character within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Edward7 not on a whim no, but i dont want a constitution that remains unchanged in opposition to the people's will. change ...

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree304Likes

Thread: Crisis of Character

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Edward7 View Post
    not on a whim no, but i dont want a constitution that remains unchanged in opposition to the people's will. change must never come easily but it shouldnt be impossible.

i will be more silently and argue less, my apologys for any offense. the zimm thing is kinda big for me and mine so i tend to voice that opinion often as for the morality generational thing...i stand by my approval for my generation. but enough excuses, i will attempt to be more polite in the future.
    Opposing viewpoints and arguing them are great ways to learn things you didn't know, and I'm talking both sides. Nothing is ever gained if people that all believe the same thing just sit around talking about it. Don't apologize and I don't think you've offended anyone, just be careful, especially when the mods give warnings like in the other thread, because if you don't heed them you may not stick around long. But I hope you do! As we all have something to offer.

I think I'm done with this thread until I get a response from Hopyard.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Quote Originally Posted by John123 View Post
    The constitution is the "tie that binds us" as all Americans. This is especially true due to the fact that we don't have a national religion, or even a national language. The idea that we should just start "meddling" with the constitution because of someone's moral relativism or activism due to recent politics is frankly absurd. The constitution is the rock we ALL can cling to in these trying times, a leveling document that puts us all on the same sheet of music. If somehow your greatly offended by the constitution of the United States of America, well the exits are north, south, east or west.
    The constitution is the "tie that binds us" as all Americans. true. and that hasn't ever changed even though we have made several large changes to the us constitution.
    we don't have a national religion, thank god. hah! im punny.
    or even a national language we will soon enough. spanish.
    The idea that we should just start "meddling" with the constitution because of someone's moral relativism or activism due to recent politics is frankly absurd not start so much as continue, we've done it before.
    The constitution is the rock we ALL can cling to in these trying times, unless your gay.
    a leveling document that puts us all on the same sheet of music. or a woman.
    If somehow your greatly offended by the constitution of the United States of America, well the exits are north, south, east or west. when your house gets dirty what do you do? get a new house? of course not, you just clean up. same here, america isnt perfect but its the closest out there and im going to work to make it better.

which part do you disagree with?
    All of it, young one.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit51 View Post
    All of it, young one.
    im sure you can be more specific then that.

I didn't see anything about homosexuals in the Constitution...

I didn't see anything about homosexuals in the Constitution...
    thats kinda the problem. they need constitutionally protected equality.

im sure you can be more specific then that.
    Yes I can. You are a product of the malcontents of the SDS, Weathermen, and Black Panthers who in the early 70s made a plan to change our Country "from within". They have been teaching the young minds of mush their new standard of History and Untruths. They have been working at taking over Education and Government and Unions. You are molded to their ideals. I have two Grandsons your age and I am so glad that they have learned the truth and can "weed out" the made up History and untruths. Good luck to you....at some point the facts will become clear.

Now this is my last post on this thread to you. I do believe your only purpose here is to cause discord....thus Troll.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

generally speaking, my generation (im 24) is infinitely superior to any previous generation of Americans.
    gay men and women walk down the street holding hands without fearing for their lives, people of different religions and races love each other and have solid friendships without stress or shame and women are treated far more seriously then ever before and have more control of their own body's and lives.
    all around an improvement.
    I wholeheartedly disagree. We have become more tolerant of differing views, but we have forgotten what freedom means. Freedom used to mean (and still does to me) that regardless of race, color or creed there is no limit to what you can make of yourself. You can be born into poverty and retire a millionaire. That was impossible in other nations past.

The current generation, by and large, seems to believe that freedom means ENTITLEMENTS. Freebies provided by the Gub, via through the taxpayer. The lofty ideals of individual liberties and responsibilities have been traded in haphazardly for a mediocre lifestyle of entitlements and a lack of responsibility.

I wholeheartedly disagree. We have become more tolerant of differing views, but we have forgotten what freedom means. Freedom used to mean (and still does to me) that regardless of race, color or creed there is no limit to what you can make of yourself. You can be born into poverty and retire a millionaire. That was impossible in other nations past.

The current generation, by and large, seems to believe that freedom means ENTITLEMENTS. Freebies provided by the Gub, via through the taxpayer. The lofty ideals of individual liberties and responsibilities have been traded in haphazardly for a mediocre lifestyle of entitlements and a lack of responsibility.
    thats called the american dream right? and thats all it is, a dream.

wasnt there something about cesar in there? give him money or something like that?
    That is to give to Caesar what is Caesar's and to God what is God's. Still does not mean God wants the government to confiscate from one to give to another.

The "old timers" only wanted a ladder to climb up as high as possible, they didn't even care for a safety net. Because even if they were to fall short of their goals, they would stil be on a much higher rung then their parents started on, through hard work, skill and perseverance. This generation doesn't even see the ladder, they only focus on how comfortable they can make their safety net. After all, why bother climbing when you can have everything you need down here?

Now days its all someone else's fault, someone else's responsibility, someone else's problem.

Oh, and I'm in my early 30's, FWIW.
    Spirit51 and MotorCityGun like this.

meh, semantics. thats a better way to put it then what i said but i meant the same.
    Sorry, but it's not just semantics. Men "are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights" and the Constitution was written to prevent the government from unjustly taking those rights away.

Quote Originally Posted by sigs View Post
    That is to give to Caesar what is Caesar's and to God what is God's. Still does not mean God wants the government to confiscate from one to give to another.
    doesn't mean he opposes it either. i just dont see him sitting up there saying " darn it! that poor kids eating again! why havent they let him starve to death already?".

thats called the american dream right? and thats all it is, a dream.
    Thank you for proving my point! I can only assume you've been lied to since birth that "the man is gonna keep you down," so why bother trying, right? Its sad to see that you've already cheated yourself from potential success, only to sneer at those whom have grasped at the many opportunities this country provides and actually succeeded. When you realize life is miserable at the bottom, also realize you have no one to blame but yourself.

doesn't mean he opposes it either. i just dont see him sitting up there saying " darn it! that poor kids eating again! why havent they let him starve to death already?".
    Then you feed him.
    Spirit51 likes this.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Links