Crisis of Character - Page 9

Crisis of Character

This is a discussion on Crisis of Character within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by John123 Thank you for proving my point! I can only assume you've been lied to since birth that "the man is gonna ...

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 207
Like Tree304Likes

Thread: Crisis of Character

  1. #121
    Ex Member Array Edward7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    middleboro, MA
    Posts
    153
    Quote Originally Posted by John123 View Post
    Thank you for proving my point! I can only assume you've been lied to since birth that "the man is gonna keep you down," so why bother trying, right? Its sad to see that you've already cheated yourself from potential success, only to sneer at those whom have grasped at the many opportunities this country provides and actually succeeded. When you realize life is miserable at the bottom, also realize you have no one to blame but yourself.
    lol, i am "the man" dude. straight white christian male ages 18 to 65. i make a reasonable wage and have a nice life, few people can say that. too few. i can only assume you where taught the lie that everyone has an equal shot at the dream.


  2. #122
    Ex Member Array Edward7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    middleboro, MA
    Posts
    153
    Quote Originally Posted by sigs View Post
    Then you feed him.
    i dont like my taxes going to new fighter jet research and you dont like it feeding children, seems like we are both loosing so thats fair in a sad way isnt it?

  3. #123
    Ex Member Array Edward7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    middleboro, MA
    Posts
    153
    Quote Originally Posted by sigs View Post
    Then you feed him.
    i dont like my taxes going to new fighter jet research and you dont like it feeding children, seems like we are both loosing so thats fair in a sad way isnt it?

  4. #124
    Ex Member Array Edward7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    middleboro, MA
    Posts
    153
    sorry about the double post, not sure why that happened.....

  5. #125
    VIP Member
    Array Hopyard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Disappeared
    Posts
    12,124
    Quote Originally Posted by sigs View Post
    Sorry, but it's not just semantics. Men "are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights" and the Constitution was written to prevent the government from unjustly taking those rights awayy.
    Nonsense regarding part in bold. People of that day understood that government was essential, that functioning courts were essential, that
    taxation was essential; and that our government under the Articles of Confederation was incapable of fulfilling its
    obligations to the people, or compelling the people to fulfill their obligations to government; two way street.

    The Constitution was written to create a "more perfect union" than what existed which was the government of the
    US under the Articles of Confederation.

    The Declaration was a whole other matter.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

  6. #126
    Senior Member Array mulle46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,164
    Didnt read all the posts, but I think the problem is there are too many baby mamas/daddy's, and not enough parents. Its not a parent's job to be their child/children friend. Be a parent first, friend second.
    Spirit51, ctr and Rock and Glock like this.
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

  7. #127
    Member Array John123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    East texas
    Posts
    126
    Quote Originally Posted by Edward7 View Post
    lol, i am "the man" dude. straight white christian male ages 18 to 65. i make a reasonable wage and have a nice life, few people can say that. too few. i can only assume you where taught the lie that everyone has an equal shot at the dream.
    Your right, we don't have an equal shot at the "dream" anymore. If I was to apply for a single job opening, and there was an African American with the Exact same credentials as mine, who do you think would get the job? My wife can't get a grant for college to save her life because she's not black, not a single mother, and not a recovering drug addict.

    Your right, opportunities are no longer equal.
    Spirit51 and MotorCityGun like this.

  8. #128
    VIP Member
    Array Hopyard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Disappeared
    Posts
    12,124
    Quote Originally Posted by John123 View Post
    Your right, we don't have an equal shot at the "dream" anymore. If I was to apply for a single job opening, and there was an African American with the Exact same credentials as mine, who do you think would get the job? My wife can't get a grant for college to save her life because she's not black, not a single mother, and not a recovering drug addict.

    Your right, opportunities are no longer equal.
    Let me make sure I understand. You oppose handouts, "entitlements," and taxation as matters of principle,
    but you are here to complain that your wife can't get a grant to go to college? Something doesn't add up here, no?

    I have a hunch there are plenty of reasons why she can't get a grant, including possibly being
    a member of your household with a family income above some threshold. Uncle has cut back dramatically on
    Pell Grants due to budget constraints and various partisan maneuverings.

    If I've misrepresented your views on "handouts" and "entitlements" please elaborate, or send me a P.M. There's been so much said in this thread by so many people I may no longer know who holds what position on what issue. I may have entirely
    misrepresented your view of the role of government, in which case I apologize.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

  9. #129
    Senior Member Array sigs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    549
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Nonsense regarding part in bold. People of that day understood that government was essential, that functioning courts were essential, that
    taxation was essential; and that our government under the Articles of Confederation was incapable of fulfilling its
    obligations to the people, or compelling the people to fulfill their obligations to government; two way street.

    The Constitution was written to create a "more perfect union" than what existed which was the government of the
    US under the Articles of Confederation.

    The Declaration was a whole other matter.
    Well, I guess you just blew off the Bill of Rights didn't you.

  10. #130
    Member Array John123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    East texas
    Posts
    126
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Let me make sure I understand. You oppose handouts, "entitlements," and taxation as matters of principle,
    but you are here to complain that your wife can't get a grant to go to college? Something doesn't add up here, no?

    I have a hunch there are plenty of reasons why she can't get a grant, including possibly being
    a member of your household with a family income above some threshold. Uncle has cut back dramatically on
    Pell Grants due to budget constraints and various partisan maneuverings.

    If I've misrepresented your views on "handouts" and "entitlements" please elaborate, or send me a P.M. There's been so much said in this thread by so many people I may no longer know who holds what position on what issue. I may have entirely
    misrepresented your view of the role of government, in which case I apologize.
    I'm not complaining that she can't get one, I'm using her as an example of the disparity of "equality". She has not applied and is working her way through college, albeit slowly.

    I'm just amazed that under the guise of "equality" race has become one of the premier criterions to get a job, o get into college, to get a raise, to even get elected.
    MotorCityGun and MleeC like this.

  11. #131
    Ex Member Array Edward7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    middleboro, MA
    Posts
    153
    Quote Originally Posted by John123 View Post
    Your right, we don't have an equal shot at the "dream" anymore. If I was to apply for a single job opening, and there was an African American with the Exact same credentials as mine, who do you think would get the job? My wife can't get a grant for college to save her life because she's not black, not a single mother, and not a recovering drug addict.

    Your right, opportunities are no longer equal.
    i dont think we can really discuss this.

  12. #132
    VIP Member
    Array ctr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Shenandoah Valley in Virginia
    Posts
    2,577
    Well, what started as a fine thread has turned into one of little value and pretty far off the ops topic.

  13. #133
    Senior Member Array TheShadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Stuck In The 1970's
    Posts
    921
    Quote Originally Posted by Edward7 View Post
    generally speaking, my generation (im 24) is infinitely superior to any previous generation of Americans.
    gay men and women walk down the street holding hands without fearing for their lives, people of different religions and races love each other and have solid friendships without stress or shame and women are treated far more seriously then ever before and have more control of their own body's and lives.
    all around an improvement.
    Most of your generations worst qualities are looked at by your peers and celebrated on a daily basis by posting these horrible acts on social media outlets. Most of your generation has no shame and glorifies these indecent acts. I've got news for you, not everyone in your very young age bracket holds to the "if it feels good do it" malfunction. I feel sorry for those trapped in your godless, over legislated, violent, licentious hell you call "The Greatest Generation"

  14. #134
    Member Array torgo1968's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    420
    Quote Originally Posted by John123 View Post
    I'm just amazed that under the guise of "equality" race has become one of the premier criterions...to even get elected.
    Yeah, those minorities have sure unfairly dominated our government, what with their one president (out of 44) and five Supreme Court justices (out of 112). And boy, the blacks have taken over Congress! My gosh, there's a whole ONE of them in the Senate right now, that's 2%! And six out of over 2000 in that body's existence! Enough of this!

    Sorry mods, we're way off topic here, but I couldn't let that go unanswered.

  15. #135
    Member Array John123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    East texas
    Posts
    126
    Quote Originally Posted by torgo1968 View Post
    Yeah, those minorities have sure unfairly dominated our government, what with their one president (out of 44) and five Supreme Court justices (out of 112). And boy, the blacks have taken over Congress! My gosh, there's a whole ONE of them in the Senate right now, that's 2%! And six out of over 2000 in that body's existence! Enough of this!

    Sorry mods, we're way off topic here, but I couldn't let that go unanswered.
    Nice way to take a shot, then call for the ref...

    But agreed, WAAAAY off topic and I will shoulder the blame for it. I'd rather talk guns anyways! I'm out on this thread.

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

1960's deterioration of public behavior
,
america's crisis of character?and what to do about it
,
crisis of character noonan
,
deterioration of public behavior
,
noonan america's crisis character
,

noonan americas crisis of character

,

noonan crisis of character

,

noonan: america's crisis of character

,
noonan: america's crisis of character full text free
,

noonan: america's crisis of character printable

,
the leveling or deterioration of public behavior has got to be worrying people who have enough years on them to judge wi
Click on a term to search for related topics.