The mother of all wrong turns

This is a discussion on The mother of all wrong turns within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Oopsy. It's bad enough that ammo prices are going up, but when something like this happens...doh. Boss: Driver took wrong turn into Juárez with load ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: The mother of all wrong turns

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar

Oopsy. It's bad enough that ammo prices are going up, but when something like this happens...doh.

Boss: Driver took wrong turn into Juárez with load of ammo
    “They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.” - Ben Franklin

NRA Life

VIP Member
    In the words of the Boone County Sheriff “Boy you’re in a heap of trouble”. Had it have been me I would have found somewhere to make a u-turn legally or otherwise no way would I take even one round of ammo to Mexico.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

There are numerous sign prior to international entry points,you are entering MEXICO,no guns or ammunition allowed.I don't give a crap,I am not driving into Mexico with a load of ammo,If I can't turn around,I'm parking the truck where it is and it's not moving anywhere until Cops show up and clear traffic so I can back the hell up.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    There are numerous sign prior to international entry points,you are entering MEXICO,no guns or ammunition allowed.I don't give a crap,I am not driving into Mexico with a load of ammo,If I can't turn around,I'm parking the truck where it is and it's not moving anywhere until Cops show up and clear traffic so I can back the hell up.
    This is the correct response to this problem.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

The driver should use the "Eric Holder made me do it defense!"
    jbum, Bark'n, TheShadow and 7 others like this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I'm with Ret. Could be one of Eric's boys.

Or just someone who turned off their common sense just to see what would happen.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

The trucking company's name is Demco. Fast and Furious weapons are useless without ammo...

"The owner of United Nations Ammo in Phoenix, who identified himself only as "Howie," said...the media was calling it cartel ammo, but we paid for that ammo, it's really our property." Only if it was FOB Shipping point.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    There are numerous sign prior to international entry points,you are entering MEXICO,no guns or ammunition allowed.
    Perhaps, but are any of those signs in Arabic? Such a mistake wouldn't be made in, say, Dearborn, Michigan.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    The name of the company buying the ammo makes me suspicious. What ammo company uses "United Nations" in their name?
    Tzadik, DontTreadOnI and DMan like this.

I have been a truck driver for many years and have yet to see a truck with reverse. they are looking for a way to get something from the US for the return of the driver and shipment

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Man, talk about a bad day lol. Of all things to accidentally take in to Mexico, ammo would be at the worst end of the list.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

I don't trust my GPS. It's one of those skills a man should know by adulthood, how to read a map. I've taken plenty of wrong turns in my lifetime, but not with a $110K worth of ammo into Old Mexico......!?!

If it were me I'd made a "Fast and Furious" (pun intended) uturn.... or at the very least put 'er in reverse and crawfished outta there one way or another!
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

I can't get the link to work....anyone else have this problem?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zsnake View Post
    I can't get the link to work....anyone else have this problem?
    Worked fine for me but try this one. Boss: Driver took wrong turn into Juárez with load of ammo - El Paso Times
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Distinguished Member
    He should of taken that left turn at Albuquerque.

bugs.gif
    "I got a lot of problems with you people!" - Frank Costanza

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links