Race Baiting - Page 11

Race Baiting

This is a discussion on Race Baiting within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Doodle I guess I can't reason with you, oh well I've been called worse things than racist. Don't recall calling you a ...

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast
Like Tree225Likes

Thread: Race Baiting

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Doodle View Post
    I guess I can't reason with you, oh well I've been called worse things than racist.
    Don't recall calling you a racist. I believe that you don't see anything wrong with your reasoning. I do! I'm not going to comment any further on this thread. It's agonizing!
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ericb327 View Post
    Don't recall calling you a racist. I believe that you don't see anything wrong with your reasoning. I do! I'm not going to comment any further on this thread. It's agonizing!
    You called his particular application of simple math "racist". It is right there in the quote he highlighted.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Let me clarify, use of math and stats without considering other stats and math that are related to the issue supports racist reasoning, I'm trying to be civil.

I would say much more to more people but I'm liking this site. I value some opinions and have learned some things. I think I would like to stay awhile.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

well do you offer any other reasoning to explain the disparity in the numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by Doodle View Post
    well do you offer any other reasoning to explain the disparity in the numbers?
    I believe your numbers are probably accurate, I never debated that. My argument already posted in this thread is that poverty plays a huge role in crime. Blacks are under the poverty level at a much higher rate than whites. A factor that either you're not aware of or don't care to utilize when forming your opinion. Please don't argue that the opportunities are equal, its better, but not equal. We are not far from the passing of the civil rights act.

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    I believe your numbers are probably accurate, I never debated that. My argument already posted in this thread is that poverty plays a huge role in crime. Blacks are under the poverty level at a much higher rate than whites. A factor that either you're not aware of or don't care to utilize when forming your opinion. Please don't argue that the opportunities are equal, its better, but not equal. We are not far from the passing of the civil rights act.
    With all due respect, how do you explain your success in life? Were you born to a more able family? I do not mean to insult in any way. I just think it might shed some light on the topic.

Quote Originally Posted by ErnieNWillis View Post
    With all due respect, how do you explain your success in life? Were you born to a more able family? I do not mean to insult in any way. I just think it might shed some light on the topic.
    I think I see where you're going with this. I won't play that game. Please tell me how pertains to my post or argument.

Exclamation Give It A Rest

Folks, there is a huge amount of analysis on crime, race, poverty, income disparity and the results are very inconsistent. Anyone that argues a simplistic cause of crime needs to do some homework before posting any more statements about the cause of crime. Presenting and arguing a point of view without supporting it with any academic analysis is unacceptable. There is enough data available to keep 14 dozen epidemiologists busy for several hundred lifetimes, so you need to recognize that it is not a clear cut case.

If any want to read professional analysis and provide an analysis to the forum, fine, but bring your research. Do a Google search of "poverty and crime correlation" and start reading, say for a week or two minimum.

Until then, let's give this thread a rest. A bunch of folks all getting all knotted up in their panties, and I just don't see much of value coming out of this thread right now. Let's let it cool off.

Thank you.

Richard

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    I think I see where you're going with this. I won't play that game. Please tell me how pertains to my post or argument.

Like I said before I was not trying to be insulting and in no way playing games. I thought I asked a legitimate question to help you with your argument.

VIP Member
    We have now moved from skin color to where the argument should be. Nature vs nurture. Is the nature of a black person prone to be more violent than that of other races? Are blacks genetically coded to be less than friendly? I don't believe so.

Now then with the math being what it is how do we account for it? I believe the answer is extremely complex and it varies from place to place and person to person. In general though I think it comes down the the collapse of the family unit (fatherless homes), a lack of personal accountability and the idolatry of the thug life. In short I think that black youths are not being shepherded in the right direction by their dad's. Of course every now and then an extraordinary mom comes along and produces successful offspring. But that is the exception, not the norm.

When I lived in Huntington WV I taught a youth group full of teen boys. We had mixed races in there but the majority of my students (black and white) were from rough inner city neighborhoods. We also had a few suburban kids from better neighborhoods mixed in. After three years of teaching the same kids I had them all pretty well pegged. My best students, black or white, came from homes with a good dad (good meaning there and not a drunk/abusive). My middle of the road students came from homes with a not very good dad or from homes with no dad but a very active mom (the latter was usually a mom from a better neighborhood and with a decent income). My worst students both behaviorally and with the book work were from dad-less homes with a slutty mom. These kids were train wrecks regardless of skin color.

This is were the poverty part comes in. The moms who were in poverty and had no dad for their kids (and no income of their own) generally went from one abusive place to another and earned their keep by being on their backs. All of the kids from this type of environment, black or white, were totally messed up.

So as to the poverty: I believe it plays a part, but not the major part in the equation. Dads play the largest part, at least in my opinion. Lose your dad and you lose about 50% of your chance to succeed in life.

ETA: Sorry R&G. I was typing this when you posted.

Also for the record I came from a single parent home but it was my dad who raised us, not my mom. Very rare.
    Chesafreak, Spirit51 and JoJoGunn like this.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    Folks, there is a huge amount of analysis on crime, race, poverty, income disparity and the results are very inconsistent. Anyone that argues a simplistic cause of crime needs to do some homework before posting any more statements about the cause of crime. Presenting and arguing a point of view without supporting it with any academic analysis is unacceptable. There is enough data available to keep 14 dozen epidemiologists busy for several hundred lifetimes, so you need to recognize that it is not a clear cut case.

If any want to read professional analysis and provide an analysis to the forum, fine, but bring your research. Do a Google search of "poverty and crime correlation" and start reading, say for a week or two minimum.

Until then, let's give this thread a rest. A bunch of folks all getting all knotted up in their panties, and I just don't see much of value coming out of this thread right now. Let's let it cool off.

Thank you.

Richard
    Agreed, I feel blue in the face.

OK.....A rest now.

"One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

I give up. I was trying to be open minded and understand other members views. Without an open dialog, nothing will ever change. I asked someone to clarify and quote references to what I thought was false and they avoid the question. So much for trying to be open minded, ask questions, and understand others. Nothing is going to change if we keep getting shut down for asking questions. Welcome to the status quo.
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Edward7 View Post
    i remember something about a muslim not being allowed to join a republican executive committee(or something like that) just because he was a muslim.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edward7 View Post
    there are plenty of "pro white" groups. the republican party for one.
    Edward7: I'm still waiting on some kind of proof on these statements. Can you give us anything to go on, even a link to an article that proves your points? Without this, how can you expect us to take anything you have to say seriously?
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Links