Race Baiting - Page 4

Race Baiting

This is a discussion on Race Baiting within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Mike1956 Interesting observation, since we all know how an organization named the National Association For the Advancement of White People would be ...

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree225Likes

Thread: Race Baiting

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Interesting observation, since we all know how an organization named the National Association For the Advancement of White People would be perceived by nearly one and all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edward7 View Post
    helping a singular race or culture is not racist unless you do so at the expense of others. i dont view the NAACP as a racist organization. exceedingly liberal (even to me.) maybe, but not racist.
    I disagree. I think this is where public perception is lopsided. NAACP is nationally accepted, whereas as Mike1956 states the creation of an NAAWP would literally start riots in the streets overnight.

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    Quote Originally Posted by John123 View Post
    Hate breeds more hate. For each racist organization that sprouts up, I would gesture that an equal and opposite organization is created to "fight back". Examples would be Nation of Islam= KKK, New Black Panthers= Neo nazis, the list goes on. No race is innocent of racism, these are just the predominant ones we see here in America.
    Fan of Newton's work?

I understand what you're saying, and agree- when one person- or group- is wronged, they 'return in kind'. It is a vicious, and terrible cycle. There are only a few things I hate more than racists.

I personally think that it is incredibly stupid, narrow minded, and an indication of almost crippling insecurity in oneself to hate another human being because their skin is a different color.
    phreddy likes this.
    "Gun control should mean hitting your target every time."

Please try to remember- I have a very dry sense of humor. It usually sounds mean, but isn't meant to be.

Quote Originally Posted by John123 View Post
    I disagree. I think this is where public perception is lopsided. NAACP is nationally accepted, whereas as Mike1956 states the creation of an NAAWP would literally start riots in the streets overnight.
    i dont think that would happen overnight. maybe after doing something blatantly antagonizing maybe but not right away. then again, the name itself is a hit at the NAACP so the groups main cause would probably be to antagonize.

The danger is when hate creates a cycle due to past grievances, because even reasonable people can easily fall victim to this; I.E. israel vs. the Palestinians. I think this happens with "racists" here in the US often, it's not necessarily the color of someone's skin that breeds hate, but rather the association of that color with past grievances. An example would be someone who was mugged by black men would likely be "wary" of other black men in the future. It's why many of us are "wary" when we get a seat on a plane next to someone who appears Muslim. I'm not saying its right, or trying to justify racism, but I'm trying to dig a little deeper into the OPs theme and get to the "why" of things.
    Doghandler likes this.

helping a singular race or culture is not racist unless you do so at the expense of others. i dont view the NAACP as a racist organization. exceedingly liberal (even to me.) maybe, but not racist.
    Not to be antagonistic, or even sound antagonistic; but, the NAACP here in SC is an extremely racist organization. Nationally accepted or not.

Please try to remember- I have a very dry sense of humor. It usually sounds mean, but isn't meant to be.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolvingMag View Post
    Not to be antagonistic, or even sound antagonistic; but, the NAACP here in SC is an extremely racist organization. Nationally accepted or not.
    Agreed, it's time to call a spade a spade. (I used to live in SC, I still love Charleston!)

Quote Originally Posted by RevolvingMag View Post
    Not to sound antagonistic, or even be antagonistic; but, the NAACP here in SC is an extremely racist organization. Nationally accepted or not.
    im sorry if they did something that you perceive of as racist but i stand by my support of the NAACP. what did they do that was "extremely racist"?

VIP Member
    Promoting the agenda and advancement of one race over others is by definition racist, and necessarily comes at the expense of those others.
    "For someone who is nearly as smart as I am, how can you be so wrong about this?"

Promoting the agenda and advancement of one race over others is by definition racist, and necessarily comes at the expense of those others.
    not when that race (and the NAACP doesn't just represent african americans, any minority or minority friendly cause.) is already at a disadvantage socially and legally. they are working towards what white americans see as the norm. they just want a fair shot, something they still dont have in 2012.

and ill just say it, its not "racist" if the only negative effect is felt by us. we start out with a head start, they just want to catch up you know? call me when cops pull you over for being white in an expensive car and we'll talk.

and ill just say it, its not "racist" if the only negative effect is felt by us. we start out with a head start, they just want to catch up you know? call me when cops pull you over for being white in an expensive car and we'll talk.
    I have to agree with this one. I live in a small college town, and every time I buy a new car, I can count on being pulled over at least once. The reason differ (although the most useful for them is that my license plates are coming back registered to another vehicle). I don't get upset at these incidences. It is common enough that I just show my license, registration, and insurance and get the stop over with. This has happened to me in Illinois, Tennessee, Florida, and Georgia. I'm black and to be honest have just learned to accept that is happening.
    Glock 22 Gen 4 w/CBST
    Kimber Compact CDP II w/Silent Thunder
    A man, without force, is without the essential dignity of humanity. Human nature is so constituted, that it cannot honor a helpless man, although it can pity him; and even this it cannot do long, if the signs of power do not arise.

im sorry if they did something that you perceive of as racist but i stand by my support of the NAACP. what did they do that was "extremely racist"?
    Hard to pick one thing; it's as much their attitude as what they've done. And, it would be understandable- the racism they seem to radiate- if they weren't so strongly 'fighting to end the hate'.

They might behave differently further north, and I hope that's the case, but down here they're just another group that claims to do one thing while actually doing another.

There is absolutely NO way you can even begin to argue/fight to end hate when you continue to do so yourself.
    phreddy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by shooterX View Post
    The country would be a better place if we stopped seeing people by their color and as our fellow Americans.
    The country would be a better place if we would be Americans and end forever this stuff about Italian-American, African-American, Etc... We need to be ONE people - Americans. We need to be an undivided country of citizens loyal to this country.

You can maintain your family heritage, but you need to be an American - there can be no split loyalty.

Additionally, American citizen must speak English. We cannot be one people if every group wants to be the exception - where will it end.

As long as we have division we will be divided.

Luke
    msgt/ret and Crowman like this.
    "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."
    John 3:16

NRA Life Member

while i dont believe in a national language i do believe in getting rid of all that heritage stuff. we dont need any more dividers. the only exception, for me, is private family stuff.

That has a nice ring to it, but in order for that to happen, we have to learn how to accept one another. If an American is to be an American then they have to have the same opportunities and freedom from oppression as all other Americans. As long as who a person one person can make a determination about another based on skin color we are going to have problems.
    Glock 22 Gen 4 w/CBST
    Kimber Compact CDP II w/Silent Thunder
    A man, without force, is without the essential dignity of humanity. Human nature is so constituted, that it cannot honor a helpless man, although it can pity him; and even this it cannot do long, if the signs of power do not arise.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links