Race Baiting - Page 6

Race Baiting

This is a discussion on Race Baiting within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Just for the sake of stimulating this conversation.......... From the 'Declaration of Independence' : "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are ...

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree225Likes

Thread: Race Baiting

Just for the sake of stimulating this conversation..........

From the 'Declaration of Independence':

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness. That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed."

Yah, I know what you're thinking? Fortunately or not we have the "Bill of Rights" and have since fought a Civil War to help fill in the cracks - and the stone and bone aged Six Nations to help guide our path.

We have watched the history of pre-civilization, of early civilization, and of modern civilization, and mass migrations, melting and mixing right before our eyes, right here on this continent, right in our very neighborhoods.

Do not let this thread die or give it reason to be killed, Ladies and Gentlemen.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Edward7 View Post
    there are plenty of "pro white" groups. the republican party for one.
    I'm sure any dedicated Republican would counter that their party is pro-America, without regard to race.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    I'm sure any dedicated Republican would counter that their party is pro-America, without regard to race.
    Yes, indeed I would.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Racism in this country today is perpetrated by politicians, to keep themselves in power, it is chiefly used to put a divider in the country to sustain constant finger pointing and base voter alignment.

There are few countries on the planet that have as many races within its borders then the U.S. As for discrimination it is used as a crutch because your group (mainly yourself and close friends) that hasn’t made it, so it is easy to blame it on the white people that have been holding you and yours down.

Well the simple fact is, this is the country of hard work and with some luck it will take you as far as you want to go. Connections are important, communication skills are needed, or at least helpful. Refusing to learn the language is no way to get ahead. Expecting others to come down to your level isn’t going to help in your success.

No other country that I know of has as many highly successful people of as many backgrounds as here in the good old U S of A. Not to pick on any race in particular but in my area, black (African/American) is the predominate race. I can recall countless times that I have heard these, (negative term not used) Arabs, Chinese, Korean, Mexican, the list goes on, all got them got there cause the government gave them breaks or free taxes, oil money from home, or whatever seems convenient, and we aren’t getting what we be needing, nobody gives us nothing.

Well to coin a phrase I saw on the bumper of a cab in Detroit during the Carter Administration. “The best way to get back on your feet is to get off your butt”

I have had friends tell me that because they were black when entering a store, security would follow them around till they left the store, only because they were black. I would ask how do you know this, were you looking to see if you were being followed? Yes. My response, “it doesn’t happen to me, maybe because I don’t look around to see if I am being followed. You do know that is their job, to follow people that are looking to see if people are watching them, that is the first sign that someone is about to do something that they don’t want others to see.”

I see it all the time, people come here to start a new life, they don’t even speak the language but in a few years the family pulls together their resources and starts a store, or repair shop, parking lot, the list is endless of the accomplishments that have been made by them. It’s not easy but it happens every day in this country! Some of them aren’t even citizens.

Someone mentioned racial profiling on an earlier post, having a nice car and getting pulled over because the cop didn’t feel you should be in that fine of an auto, well if no ticket then just move on.
    Just how would you feel if the cop stopped the BG just before your car was stripped by a chop shop because he thought the person driving didn’t fit the car?

Would you give your car back to the BG, I think not.

This nonsense in FL with a child of 17 being shot and turning it into a race issue, it isn’t for race, it is to stir up a enough fuss to get rid of the stand your ground law, race is being used for that purpose. Why get rid of the law you ask? Because many of those that carry do so because of the stand your ground law, the ability to defend yourself, with and up to deadly force, and if found justified no charges will be set upon you and no law suit for wrongful death can be brought against you. And yes this administration is very interested in getting this done.
    MleeC likes this.

I really enjoyed your post and I also feel that race should not be judgmental factor towards various issues. I am confident to say that I am an American with Hispanic Heritage and am very proud of it. I too have family members who are of various cultures and ethnicity. I am here to join the members in unity to fight off individuals or organizations from attacking our rights to the Second Amendment.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    I don't know about all Republican's, considering the state of the party these days... being infiltrated by a bunch of leftists.

But I would say that all dedicated Conservatives believe they are pro-America... Without regard to any race, religion or creed.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    I don't know about all Republican's, considering the state of the party these days... being infiltrated by a bunch of leftists.

But I would say that all dedicated Conservatives believe they are pro-America... Without regard to any race, religion or creed.
    im sure they do believe that. i dont think most conservatives are lying, just lied too by the republican party heads. who's "leftist" in the rupublican party? and as for not caring about religion, i remember something about a muslim not being allowed to join a republican executive committee(or something like that) just because he was a muslim.

As long as we exist in a society where there are people who make their living off of "race-baiting" whether they preach from the pulpit, give opinions on talk shows or TV, or "community organize" protest marches in hotspots to draw news cameras and media coverage in which they center themselves as "working for justice for (place name here)", there will always be "racism"...... Until we can deal with this problem, there will always be an opportunity for these people to exploit incidents like recent ones, which they will use to stir up marches, boycotts, lectures and in the worst case scenarios, full scale riots.....

Good OP, though......
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

OK this one may full on get me banned but maybe instead of being afraid of being labelled a racist by a self serving group of people i literally care NOTHING about, how bout we pull our heads out of the sand and realize that the world isn't fair and we don't all act the same from birth. Maybe there's some connection to race and propensity to violence (there are more blacks in prison than in the US military and roughly 1/3 of black men are or have been incarcerated, compared to less than 10% for white males.) More blacks are criminals than Muslims are terrorists... Yet profiling muslims is not near as taboo... Cry me a river. I don't judge by skin color but i absolutely will by how you present yourself. If you look like a thug chances literally are you are a thug.
    Also... No-one handed me success, I joined the military and developed a skill set that got me where I am. You don't deserve special treatment based on the color of your skin. Affirmative action and the sense of entitlement in this country by the black community make me want to scream.
    msgt/ret, MleeC, Pkupmn98 and 2 others like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Doodle View Post
    OK this one may full on get me banned but maybe instead of being afraid of being labelled a racist by a self serving group of people i literally care NOTHING about, how bout we pull our heads out of the sand and realize that the world isn't fair and we don't all act the same from birth. Maybe there's some connection to race and propensity to violence (there are more blacks in prison than in the US military and roughly 1/3 of black men are or have been incarcerated, compared to less than 10% for white males.) More blacks are criminals than Muslims are terrorists... Yet profiling muslims is not near as taboo... Cry me a river. I don't judge by skin color but i absolutely will by how you present yourself. If you look like a thug chances literally are you are a thug.
    Also... No-one handed me success, I joined the military and developed a skill set that got me where I am. You don't deserve special treatment based on the color of your skin. Affirmative action and the sense of entitlement in this country by the black community make me want to scream.
    The bolded part echoes my sentiments exactly; I treat people with the same courtesy and respect as I want until they demonstrate that they deserve to be treated differently.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

VIP Member
    Us against them. That is the mindset that causes all sorts of problems. The problem is that it's never going to go away until we have a bigger enemy than ourselves.

Blacks VS Whites
    Rich VS Poor
    Arabs VS Jews
    Catholics Vs Prods

Whatever the fight it's always an "Us vs Them" thing.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Sorry but after you dig your own grave, you're not entitled to my ladder.
    ErnieNWillis and Pkupmn98 like this.

VIP Member
    Sorry but after you dig your own grave, you're not entitled to my ladder.
    While I agree with your presentation of the facts, I question whether it's skin pigmentation that is the root of the actual problem. IMO a cultural shift is needed, a complete change in the thought process of how the African American group thinks.

As I mentioned in an earlier post Utopia is a good idea but it will never exist.

I notice in some of the posts that the undertone is the "whites" are the biggest offenders of racism. Unfortunately just about all "colors"/races are offenders in one way or another. The racist fever in America is fuel from all sides.

Its been mentioned that this organization or that one has its own agenda. Truth be told every organization does and they are all self serving.

Is living life fair and equal... no and it never will be due to the fact that we are free thinking humans and that is the real problem. Do people get passed over because of their race/color, etc., (all the EEO reason) of course they do. However people also get passed over because they are not beautiful, the boss didn't like that person, the boss hired his friend/relative instead, the boss owes someone a favor, etc. Racism is not the only problem it is just the problem that gets the most press and play.

Is this right.... again no but how can expect it can ever really change so all is warm and fuzzy. The best that can be done is on an individual basis. Making laws will not change it all it will do is alienate one or more groups over others. Morality can not be legislated. On example (maybe not the best) was Prohibition. That one really worked out great.

On a lighter note...... Are race car drivers racist??
    atctimmy likes this.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    I just don't know what to say. My reply would get me banned. You do have the right to your opinion though. This is me being civil.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
    Edward7 and BigJon10125 like this.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links