Race Baiting

This is a discussion on Race Baiting within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Edward7 yeah, but they have legitimate complaints unlike straight white christian males ages 18 to 65. i can only assume (i know ...

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree225Likes

Thread: Race Baiting

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Edward7 View Post
    yeah, but they have legitimate complaints unlike straight white christian males ages 18 to 65. i can only assume (i know i shouldnt assume ) most of us fit into hat last one.

I hope you are being sarcastic.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Edward7 View Post
    there are plenty of "pro white" groups. the republican party for one.

Yawn........
    Spirit51 and msgt/ret like this.

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    I have come to the conclusion that many racists don't know or believe they are. What is it they say about arguing with an idiot?
    phreddy, Edward7 and BigJon10125 like this.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    While I agree with your presentation of the facts, I question whether it's skin pigmentation that is the root of the actual problem. IMO a cultural shift is needed, a complete change in the thought process of how the African American group thinks.
    This is so wrong. The cultural shift needs to be in the way all groups see themselves and one another. To imply that only African-American need to change our though process is an insult. That thought is part of the problem.
    Edward7 likes this.
    Glock 22 Gen 4 w/CBST
    Kimber Compact CDP II w/Silent Thunder
    A man, without force, is without the essential dignity of humanity. Human nature is so constituted, that it cannot honor a helpless man, although it can pity him; and even this it cannot do long, if the signs of power do not arise.

I would like to note that while my post seems like quite a rant, chances are if your on this site, my generalizations don't apply to you. Also I think what atctimmy is getting at is: Thug life is glamorized by rap artists. Maybe the disproportionate number of blacks who are in prison wouldn't be there if alot of the black role models weren't projecting success as stacks of money and being surrounded by women, and thug life got them there.
    Spirit51 likes this.

The same could be said of some rock stars. A life glamorized by women, alcohol, and drugs. The blacks that are in jail are there because they committed a crime. I do agree that young blacks need better role models, but let's face it, the negative ones are always going to be there. We have to choose who we are going to emulate, and if we choose wrong then there are consequences to that (and that applies to all races).
    Spirit51 likes this.
    Glock 22 Gen 4 w/CBST
    A man, without force, is without the essential dignity of humanity. Human nature is so constituted, that it cannot honor a helpless man, although it can pity him; and even this it cannot do long, if the signs of power do not arise.

Quote Originally Posted by Illusive Man View Post
    The same could be said of some rock stars. A life glamorized by women, alcohol, and drugs. The blacks that are in jail are there because they committed a crime. I do agree that young blacks need better role models, but let's face it, the negative ones are always going to be there. We have to choose who we are going to emulate, and if we choose wrong then there are consequences to that (and that applies to all races).
    Sure there's lots of bad role models, but why the disproportionate number of blacks in prison?

Well.......one of the best predictors of children's behavior and success in life is parental (and adult) involvement, so let us all double down and be great role models for the youth around us and thus move this matter off the table ultimately. There are plenty of us that have significant youth contact, so let us succeed one child at a time.
    Doghandler, phreddy and atctimmy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Doodle View Post
    Sure there's lots of bad role models, but why the disproportionate number of blacks in prison?
    Can you provide some figures and their sources?
    Glock 22 Gen 4 w/CBST

Incarceration in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"In 2008 approximately one in every 31 adults (7.3 million) in the United States was behind bars, or being monitored (probation and parole). In 2008 the breakdown for adults under correctional control was as follows: one out of 18 men, one in 89 women, one in 11 African-Americans (9.2 percent), one in 27 Latinos (3.7 percent), and one in 45 Caucasians (2.2 percent). Crime rates have declined by about 25 percent from 1988-2008."

1 in 11 for blacks vs 1 in 45 for whites.

Race and crime in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"For men in their early thirties, African-Americans are about 7 times more likely to have a prison record than whites. They are more likely to have been in prison (22.4 percent) than in the military (17.4 percent). However, more blacks are enrolled in college than in prison. According to the US Census Bureau as of the year 2000 there were 2,224,181 blacks enrolled in college. [34] In that same year there were only 610,300 black inmates in prison according to the Bureau of Justice. [35] 12.5 percent have a bachelor’s degree. [citation needed] The results are highly dependent on education. 30 percent of those without college education and nearly 60 percent of high school dropouts had prison records.

disproportionate minorities in prison

Illusive Man:

Can you provide some figures and their sources?
    Do a Google Search using the terms above. Please read all of the reports, and provide a 1,00 page report summarizing your findings. The report is due EOD today. No extensions are available.

Seriously, quit acting like the ignorant aggrieved college freshman that has not learned how to use the library. It is not cute, it is immature, and you are close to earning points. And if you are a teacher ("Can you.....") then realize we are not your students and your rhetorical tool is not amusing.
    OD* likes this.

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    POVERTY! Poverty and crime rates are directly related. I will support this when I get to a computer. However, I don't think anything I post will educate those with a certain mindset.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    Illusive Man:

Do a Google Search using the terms above. Please read all of the reports, and provide a 1,00 page report summarizing your findings. The report is due EOD today. No extensions are available.

Seriously, quit acting like the ignorant aggrieved college freshman that has not learned how to use the library. It is not cute, it is immature, and you are close to earning points. And if you are a teacher ("Can you.....") then realize we are not your students and your rhetorical tool is not amusing.
    What are you talking about?? I'm asking because facts on the internet are all over the place. Some more credible than others. I'm only asking for information. I know how to do a search.
    Glock 22 Gen 4 w/CBST

No one holds a gun to any youths head and says you are destined to a life of poverty and crime... Do what I did if you cant afford college, JOIN THE MILITARY! Now obviously some do. Some here have obviously, I can tell by their avatars. And some blacks lead perfectly respectable lives, I don't think you would be here on dc if you didn't. But I and whites in general don't oppress young blacks into committing crimes and I'm sick of the self loathing attitude that we whites are apparently supposed to take up when these issues get called out into the open.
    Chesafreak likes this.

No one holds a gun to any youths head and says you are destined to a life of poverty and crime... Do what I did if you cant afford college, JOIN THE MILITARY! Now obviously some do. Some here have obviously, I can tell by their avatars. And some blacks lead perfectly respectable lives, I don't think you would be here on dc if you didn't. But I and whites in general don't oppress young blacks into committing crimes and I'm sick of the self loathing attitude that we whites are apparently supposed to take up when these issues get called out into the open.
    Doodle, I did the same thing you did. My parents didn't have money, so I had to make some decisions. No one oppresses anyone into committing crimes, it's a choice. I know kids who choose education or the military, and I know those who chose crime. I will never defend anyone for criminal actions (and I mean anyone). Whites are not responsible for what blacks do. Everyone needs to stand up and take responsibility for their own actions.
    Pkupmn98 and atctimmy like this.
    Glock 22 Gen 4 w/CBST

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Links