Race Baiting

This is a discussion on Race Baiting within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I know how to do a search. Then do the search, read the results you select (there are many highly recognized pieces of research in ...

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree225Likes

Thread: Race Baiting

I know how to do a search.
    Then do the search, read the results you select (there are many highly recognized pieces of research in the list Google will create for you), and feel free to post when you are articulating your opinions on reasoned arguments based on well written research rather than asking others to do your research for you.

So, folks! Back to the topic!
    OD* likes this.
    Richard

NRA Life Member

"But if they don't exist, how can a man see them?"

"You may think I'm pompous, but actually I'm pedantic... let me explain the difference."

"Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything."

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    Then do the search, read the results you select (there are many highly recognized pieces of research in the list Google will create for you), and feel free to post when you are articulating your opinions on reasoned arguments based on well written research rather than asking others to do your research for you.
    My post was not being argumentative or asking someone else to do research for me. Someone made a statement and I was asking for their reference. I'm always open to information, but information should come with support. The poster said that the number of blacks in prison vs whites as disproportionate. I was merely asking for his source!!
    Glock 22 Gen 4 w/CBST
    Kimber Compact CDP II w/Silent Thunder
    A man, without force, is without the essential dignity of humanity. Human nature is so constituted, that it cannot honor a helpless man, although it can pity him; and even this it cannot do long, if the signs of power do not arise.

Quote Originally Posted by Illusive Man View Post
    Doodle, I did the same thing you did. My parents didn't have money, so I had to make some decisions. No one oppresses anyone into committing crimes, it's a choice. I know kids who choose education or the military, and I know those who chose crime. I will never defend anyone for criminal actions (and I mean anyone). Whites are not responsible for what blacks do. Everyone needs to stand up and take responsibility for their own actions.
    Now that is a spot on statement! Unfortunately I'm pretty sure your attitude on the subject is not the popular one among young black males who are committing these crimes. So when someone starts a thread asking if we can just love one another and sit around a campfire and sing cum-bi-ya, I just want to slap them. There are deeper issues here and the world isn't so vanilla. It's like saying if I see a young black male in public who looks like a thug, is showing his underwear, is crip walking, and has that signature angry at the world scowl, I should walk up to him and introduce my 1 year old daughter and ask him if he thinks she's as beautiful as I think she is. He's just misunderstood and it's his culture... NO! chances are decent (21%) he's already been to prison, who knows what the odds are that he should be in prison. My whole point is this fear that I'm not supposed to have is pretty well founded if you ask me. The real world will kill you whether your lost in fantasy land or not!
    Spirit51, Pkupmn98 and Chesafreak like this.

I understand perception, and that is not about race. You would not want to introduce your daughter to a white person who looked less than savory. Those instincts are merely about how we perceive others and is natural. You are right, telling folks to stop looking for a handout and work for something does make me a bit unpopular with some folks that I come in contact with, but I don't care, I know I'm telling them what is right!
    atctimmy likes this.
    Glock 22 Gen 4 w/CBST
    A man, without force, is without the essential dignity of humanity. Human nature is so constituted, that it cannot honor a helpless man, although it can pity him; and even this it cannot do long, if the signs of power do not arise.

I understand perception, and that is not about race. You would not want to introduce your daughter to a white person who looked less than savory. Those instincts are merely about how we perceive others and is natural. You are right, telling folks to stop looking for a handout and work for something does make me a bit unpopular with some folks that I come in contact with, but I don't care, I know I'm telling them what is right!
    Not about race... Well yes and no. I would say it wouldn't be about race if most young black males didn't look like my aforementioned example. Maybe the answer here is if you don't want your kid profiled don't let him present himself like this. (not saying you in particular do)
    Spirit51 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Doodle View Post
    Not about race... Well yes and no. I would say it wouldn't be about race if most young black males didn't look like my aforementioned example. Maybe the answer here is if you don't want your kid profiled don't let him present himself like this. (not saying you in particular do)
    I do agree that we invite labels and suspicions by the way we present ourselves.
    Glock 22 Gen 4 w/CBST

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar

I have to agree with this. The same reason my dad wouldnt let me grow my hair long and get an earring. BTW Thanks Dad! If I see a young black kid dressed gansta I will assume he is. If I see a white dude with shaved head, wife beater t shirt and covered in tats I am going to be on high alert as well. Its not about race (to me) its all about the image one wants to project.

Yeah. My mom (I come from a single parent home) didn't play that mess. no hat backwards, no braids, no sneakers with no laces, none of that mess. And when I got out of line, she beat me like I stole something. The older I got the more I understood why she did what she did.
    ErnieNWillis, MleeC and phreddy like this.
    Glock 22 Gen 4 w/CBST

The problem is the actual odds of criminal behavior for a black male dressed like a gangster vs a white male tatted up an in a wife beater. I'm not saying there aren't bad people of all races but with literally 1 in 5 black men (by he time they are in their mid 30's) has been incarcerated... Scary doesn't begin to say it. So it undeniably is about race.
    Edward7 likes this.

I'll simply maintain my situational awareness and keep an eye on both. If the present no threat then no problem. Better safe than sorry.
    Rock and Glock and atctimmy like this.
    Glock 22 Gen 4 w/CBST

Yeah. My mom (I come from a single parent home) didn't play that mess. no hat backwards, no braids, no sneakers with no laces, none of that mess. And when I got out of line, she beat me like I stole something. The older I got the more I understood why she did what she did.
    I hope you understand that for me it is also generally easy (well sometimes) to separate a respectable black man from the riff raff and I have no problem treating a respectable black man just as he should be treated... A respectable man. I wish for everyone's sake the world was fair and balanced but I'm smart enough to understand it isn't. I refuse to pretend that it is because popular culture and pc society says I should.

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    FBI — Arrests

American FactFinder - Results

I find it interesting that of the FBI Crime Statistics, more whites are arrested than Blacks. Are we to assume that Blacks are convicted at a disproportionate level than whites? Check out some of these tables at the FBI and Census Bureau. By these figures we are more likely to have crimes against us committed by white people. If this is true then why are blacks incarcerated at a disproportionate level to white people according to some on this thread. Am I reading this data wrong? In any case I think comments on this thread have crossed the line into blatant racism. I am truly sickened and saddened by our short shortsightedness. Apparently we have not come as far as I thought since the days of the civil rights movement.

it's no wonder my son gets called spic and Mexican by kids at school and the new black neighbors feel like outcasts. I just don't get how highly intelligent people can be so ignorant just to support their prejudices. It really makes them look like morons.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by ericb327 View Post
    FBI — Arrests

American FactFinder - Results

I find it interesting that of the FBI Crime Statistics, more whites are arrested than Blacks. Are we to assume that Blacks are convicted at a disproportionate level than whites? Check out some of these tables at the FBI and Census Bureau. By these figures we are more likely to have crimes against us committed by white people. If this is true then why are blacks incarcerated at a disproportionate level to white people according to some on this thread. Am I reading this data wrong? In any case I think comments on this thread have crossed the line into blatant racism. I am truly sickened and saddened by our short shortsightedness. Apparently we have not come as far as I thought since the days of the civil rights movement.

it's no wonder my son gets called spic and Mexican by kids at school and the new black neighbors feel like outcasts. I just don't get how highly intelligent people can be so ignorant just to support their prejudices. It really makes them look like morons.
    Oh more whites are incarcerated, we make up a larger percentage of the population. The disproportionate part comes into play when you weigh those statistics to only 13% of our population is black.
    Chesafreak likes this.

I hope you understand that for me it is also generally easy (well sometimes) to separate a respectable black man from the riff raff and I have no problem treating a respectable black man just as he should be treated... A respectable man. I wish for everyone's sake the world was fair and balanced but I'm smart enough to understand it isn't. I refuse to pretend that it is because popular culture and pc society says I should.
    I would like to believe that since we are all on a defensivecarry website that we all feel this way to one degree or another. You said a mouthful when you said "the world will kill you"!
    Doodle and DontTreadOnI like this.
    Glock 22 Gen 4 w/CBST

I would like to believe that since we are all on a defensivecarry website that we all feel this way to one degree or another. You said a mouthful when you said "the world will kill you"!
    Thanks!

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Links