Race Baiting - Page 9

Race Baiting

This is a discussion on Race Baiting within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by ericb327 FBI — Arrests American FactFinder - Results I find it interesting that of the FBI Crime Statistics, more whites are arrested ...

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 167
Like Tree225Likes

Thread: Race Baiting

  1. #121
    VIP Member
    Array Mike1956's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Marion County, Ohio
    Posts
    11,797
    Quote Originally Posted by ericb327 View Post
    FBI — Arrests

    American FactFinder - Results


    I find it interesting that of the FBI Crime Statistics, more whites are arrested than Blacks. Are we to assume that Blacks are convicted at a disproportionate level than whites? Check out some of these tables at the FBI and Census Bureau. By these figures we are more likely to have crimes against us committed by white people. If this is true then why are blacks incarcerated at a disproportionate level to white people according to some on this thread. Am I reading this data wrong? In any case I think comments on this thread have crossed the line into blatant racism. I am truly sickened and saddened by our short shortsightedness. Apparently we have not come as far as I thought since the days of the civil rights movement.

    it's no wonder my son gets called spic and Mexican by kids at school and the new black neighbors feel like outcasts. I just don't get how highly intelligent people can be so ignorant just to support their prejudices. It really makes them look like morons.
    Here are some charts describing crime by race of victim and perpetrator. Bureau of Justice Statistics Homicide trends in the U.S.: Trends by race
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman


  2. #122
    Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Bellevue, Ky/Cincinatti
    Posts
    1,417
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Here are some charts describing crime by race of victim and perpetrator. Bureau of Justice Statistics Homicide trends in the U.S.: Trends by race
    This data seems more pertinent to my original argument that crime and violent crime are proportionate to poverty level. I know, I know, some here have not let poverty keep them down. Minorities are a higher percentage under the poverty level than whites. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

    The Cycle of Poverty is this. Born poor=poor neighborhoods=poor schools=poor education=poor jobs=poor income. Some break this cycle, most do not.

    To imply that violence or crime is inherent to certain races is absolutely without question is racist in my opinion.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

    https://www.facebook.com/ninja312


    My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

  3. #123
    VIP Member
    Array Mike1956's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Marion County, Ohio
    Posts
    11,797
    Quote Originally Posted by ericb327 View Post
    This data seems more pertinent to my original argument that crime and violent crime are proportionate to poverty level. I know, I know, some here have not let poverty keep them down. Minorities are a higher percentage under the poverty level than whites. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

    The Cycle of Poverty is this. Born poor=poor neighborhoods=poor schools=poor education=poor jobs=poor income. Some break this cycle, most do not.

    To imply that violence or crime is inherent to certain races is absolutely without question is racist in my opinion.
    I know lots of poor people with no criminal record. To imply that the citation of crime statistics is racist, is in my opinion race baiting.
    Chesafreak likes this.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

  4. #124
    Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,442
    Quote Originally Posted by ericb327 View Post
    This data seems more pertinent to my original argument that crime and violent crime are proportionate to poverty level. I know, I know, some here have not let poverty keep them down. Minorities are a higher percentage under the poverty level than whites. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

    The Cycle of Poverty is this. Born poor=poor neighborhoods=poor schools=poor education=poor jobs=poor income. Some break this cycle, most do not.

    To imply that violence or crime is inherent to certain races is absolutely without question is racist in my opinion.
    I couldn't agree with this more. There are violent criminals, thugs, thug wannabees, sociopaths and good people from every race. It has not always been my belief but I do concede that the arrogance and praised violence is related to mostly to poverty, but I also believe that there is a sub culture that sees it as the 'cool' way to be (and I say that from my experiences in high school and middle school, seeing kids from well-off families still go the path of drug and violence glorification while simultaneously losing all respect for the English language). I do think that while the lawlessness (both moral and social) varies a little bit from race to race that it is present in every race, not one bit as a natural lifestyle, but of one that is HIGHLY influenced by a culture in the people and society (local) that they experience in the first 15 or so years of their life.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

  5. #125
    Senior Member Array Chesafreak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chesapeake, VA
    Posts
    627
    Quote Originally Posted by Edward7 View Post
    there are plenty of "pro white" groups. the republican party for one.
    Care to give us some examples of the Republicans being "pro white"?

    I can give you an example of the opposite:
    After the war, Democratic legislatures enacted "Black Codes," denying black Americans the rights of citizenship -- such as the rather crucial one of bearing arms -- while other Democrats (sometimes the same Democrats) founded the Ku Klux Klan. For more than a hundred years, Republicans have aggressively supported arming blacks, so they could defend themselves against Democrats.
    Quoted from Ann Coulter - April 18, 2012 - NEGROES WITH GUNS
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

  6. #126
    Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Bellevue, Ky/Cincinatti
    Posts
    1,417
    Quote Originally Posted by Chesafreak View Post
    Care to give us some examples of the Republicans being "pro white"?

    I can give you an example of the opposite:
    Quoted from Ann Coulter - April 18, 2012 - NEGROES WITH GUNS
    Care to give and example that is a bit more current. I'm no Democrat but you're quoting a democratic talking head using propagan talking points from a different time in our history. Both parties have evolved since those times. To reference them is not credible.
    Edward7 likes this.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

    https://www.facebook.com/ninja312


    My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

  7. #127
    Senior Member Array Chesafreak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chesapeake, VA
    Posts
    627
    Quote Originally Posted by ericb327 View Post
    This data seems more pertinent to my original argument that crime and violent crime are proportionate to poverty level. I know, I know, some here have not let poverty keep them down. Minorities are a higher percentage under the poverty level than whites. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

    The Cycle of Poverty is this. Born poor=poor neighborhoods=poor schools=poor education=poor jobs=poor income. Some break this cycle, most do not.

    To imply that violence or crime is inherent to certain races is absolutely without question is racist in my opinion.
    Insert into your equation missing parents and you see why so many youths join gangs for acceptance and family.
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

  8. #128
    Senior Member Array Chesafreak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chesapeake, VA
    Posts
    627
    Quote Originally Posted by ericb327 View Post
    Care to give and example that is a bit more current. I'm no Democrat but you're quoting a democratic talking head using propagan talking points from a different time in our history. Both parties have evolved since those times. To reference them is not credible.
    The point is that I gave you an example, even if it was dated. You have not given any proof of your remark. One thing you should know about this forum is that if you go spouting off "fact" someone will want you to prove it.
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

  9. #129
    Ex Member Array Doodle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Tomball TX
    Posts
    948
    Quote Originally Posted by ericb327 View Post
    This data seems more pertinent to my original argument that crime and violent crime are proportionate to poverty level. I know, I know, some here have not let poverty keep them down. Minorities are a higher percentage under the poverty level than whites. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

    The Cycle of Poverty is this. Born poor=poor neighborhoods=poor schools=poor education=poor jobs=poor income. Some break this cycle, most do not.

    To imply that violence or crime is inherent to certain races is absolutely without question is racist in my opinion.
    My point is no one has imply anything about crime being inherent to race, take a look back at the EXTREMELY disproportionate figures I posted about number of blacks incarcerated vs whites. Are you calling simple math racist?

  10. #130
    Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Bellevue, Ky/Cincinatti
    Posts
    1,417
    what remark would that be
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

    https://www.facebook.com/ninja312


    My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

  11. #131
    Ex Member Array Doodle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Tomball TX
    Posts
    948
    Quote Originally Posted by Doodle View Post
    Incarceration in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    "In 2008 approximately one in every 31 adults (7.3 million) in the United States was behind bars, or being monitored (probation and parole). In 2008 the breakdown for adults under correctional control was as follows: one out of 18 men, one in 89 women, one in 11 African-Americans (9.2 percent), one in 27 Latinos (3.7 percent), and one in 45 Caucasians (2.2 percent). Crime rates have declined by about 25 percent from 1988-2008."

    1 in 11 for blacks vs 1 in 45 for whites.

    Race and crime in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    "For men in their early thirties, African-Americans are about 7 times more likely to have a prison record than whites. They are more likely to have been in prison (22.4 percent) than in the military (17.4 percent). However, more blacks are enrolled in college than in prison. According to the US Census Bureau as of the year 2000 there were 2,224,181 blacks enrolled in college. [34] In that same year there were only 610,300 black inmates in prison according to the Bureau of Justice. [35] 12.5 percent have a bachelorís degree. [citation needed] The results are highly dependent on education. 30 percent of those without college education and nearly 60 percent of high school dropouts had prison records.
    So you don't nt have to go back and find it.

  12. #132
    Senior Member Array Chesafreak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chesapeake, VA
    Posts
    627
    Quote Originally Posted by Edward7 View Post
    yeah, but they have legitimate complaints unlike straight white christian males ages 18 to 65. i can only assume (i know i shouldnt assume ) most of us fit into hat last one.
    That statement is such B.S.

    I came from a poor home and an absent father. I didn't go join a gang or rob someone. I CHOSE to look for better role models. I CHOSE to join the military instead of committing crimes.

    I am a straight white male between the ages of 18 and 65. I make my own choices. I don't ask for handouts because I was wronged before I was born, or born into a poor household, I worked for everything I have. When I was a poor young man with dependents, I was there for my kids. I made that choice. I was denied food stamps and welfare although by income I should have qualified. I made a choice to work and study harder. CHOICES.
    phreddy and ErnieNWillis like this.
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

  13. #133
    Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Spartanburg, SC
    Posts
    1,971
    Quote Originally Posted by Edward7 View Post
    there are plenty of "pro white" groups. the republican party for one.
    This is completely uncalled for. Support it with facts (not opinion).

  14. #134
    Senior Member Array Chesafreak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chesapeake, VA
    Posts
    627
    Quote Originally Posted by ericb327 View Post
    This data seems more pertinent to my original argument that crime and violent crime are proportionate to poverty level. I know, I know, some here have not let poverty keep them down. Minorities are a higher percentage under the poverty level than whites. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

    The Cycle of Poverty is this. Born poor=poor neighborhoods=poor schools=poor education=poor jobs=poor income. Some break this cycle, most do not.

    To imply that violence or crime is inherent to certain races is absolutely without question is racist in my opinion.
    I don't understand how he implied anything. He quoted sources that back up his point. Sometimes claiming racism is backed by fact. Other times it is just a perpetuation of the problem of claiming racism when someone calls you out.

    I can tell you that in all of the incidents that have led me to get a concealed carry permit, every one of those criminals that made me fear for my life was a black man. From the carjacker (x2), to the crowd of angry people that surrounded my car at a stop sign because a white family took a wrong turn into a black neighborhood, to the home invasion and attack on my wife while I was away on deployment, to the crack dealer on my street whose friends terrorized our neighborhood...
    So forgive me if my situational awareness alarms go off in the presence of those who look, talk and act like gang bangers. I distrust anyone, regardless of color, who dresses and talks like a thug.

    Even after all of this, I was the one that said that I would give my blessing for my daughter to date/marry a black guy as long as he was a good person.
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

  15. #135
    VIP Member
    Array atctimmy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Gastonville
    Posts
    6,734
    Quote Originally Posted by Illusive Man View Post
    This is so wrong. The cultural shift needs to be in the way all groups see themselves and one another. To imply that only African-American need to change our though process is an insult. That thought is part of the problem.
    I disagree. Many cultures are succeeding in America today. There is one culture that seems to be failing. A cultural shift is needed for them, not for me.

    Let me be clear. I don't need to shift my way of thinking because I have been successful in life. If I was failing then I would need to change what I do/think.

    You'll notice in the post you quoted I didn't say anything about skin color or race. I said "the African American group". By that I mean the group of persons of your race who see themselves as African Americans, not as Americans. The group of persons who identify themselves as victims. The group of persons who idolize crime and the thug life.

    I have met, worked with and been friends with members of all races so I know I'm not in need of thought shift. I treat each person I meet as an equal until they prove to me I shouldn't. I've known VERY squared away Blacks and some serious dirtbag Whites.

    You and I aren't all that different. We both are Navy men. I came into the Navy as an E-1 and worked as a flight deck ape for a couple years. Then I struck for an A-school and later parlayed that education into a career. Without the Navy I would not be in the position I am today.

    I came from a lower middle class single parent home and didn't get any help to get where I am (other than from the Lord). Did I catch some breaks? You bet I did. Luck? Yup, buckets of it. BUT I also made my own luck by working hard. Hard work = opportunity. That is the key to being successful in America. It always has and always will be.
    A word of warning; if you can afford to do more Bear does not recommend giving your wife two pieces of bubble gum for her birthday.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •