What percentage of OC and CCer's do you think realistically train

This is a discussion on What percentage of OC and CCer's do you think realistically train within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I wish there was a decent version of conver-a-pel. I've seen a few advertisements for this system that converts your pistol into a pellet gun, ...

View Poll Results: What percentage of gun owners train realistically for SD (to include fitness)

Voters
69. You may not vote on this poll
  • <10%

48 69.57%
  • 20 %

9 13.04%
  • 30%

10 14.49%
  • 40%

0 0%
  • 50%

1 1.45%
  • >50%

1 1.45%
  • Other

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: What percentage of OC and CCer's do you think realistically train

I wish there was a decent version of conver-a-pel. I've seen a few advertisements for this system that converts your pistol into a pellet gun, but the reviews are terrible. Until then I'll stick with dry fire practice and airsoft for at-home training when I'm not at the range. I guess the biggest issue is that you still need to balance air soft/ dry fire practice with live fire regularly to keep training realistic and relevant.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Sadly I say under 10% "real" training.

I was fortunate enough to meet a guy that runs a security school. The place he does range qualifications has an area where we can move and shoot. It is still a single backstop situation but we are not stuck in a box. We can move forward and back (as a group) and also do lateral movement. Unfortunately it is pistol and shotgun only.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy-SS View Post
    I wish there was an easier way to train. Fact is, around my location, there is basically nowhere to 'train'. At my local gun clubs, they ban firing more than one shot per second, so rapid fire is out of the question. Plus, they 'ban' quick draws and all that kind of stuff.

I used to shoot lots of IPSC, and I considered that pretty good 'training', but not adequate for street carry IMHO.

Someone needs to develop a system you can use at home (or local gun club), with a replica gun using laser pulses (instead of bullets). Maybe have the gun cycled by compressed air to mimic a realistic 'kick'. I've seen similar systems, but on a large scale......

-
    Use the live-fire at the range to concentrate on fundamentals. Moving and shooting, GOTX, and force-on-force training can be accomplished with Airsoft (with or without a partner).

And regular old draw-and-dry-fire will get you used to manipulating your actual weapon.

Probably less than 10% but on the bright side... probably less than 1% of criminals have the same training.
    I Shoot Birds With A Canon.

Senior Member Array High Altitude's Avatar
    Including all gun owners......

less than 1% IMO.

Senior Member Array GoBigOrange's Avatar
    I know a girl at work who carried a Kel-tec in her purse for 15 years before shooting it. These are her words, I didn't even know Kel Tec has been around that long.

I am guilt of not taking enough training. I need to stop making excuses and sign up for more training. I know numerous people with CCW's who don't even go to the range.

I don't train as much as I think someone should, but I know I train more than most I know.
    USMC Sergeant
    NRA Certified Instructor
    Utah BCI Certified Instructor
    Utah Self Defense Instruction- Utah CCW, Discount NRA memberships/renewals
    Gun Blog,CCW News and Reviews

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links