Does anyone else see a "tie in"?

This is a discussion on Does anyone else see a "tie in"? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Hollywood and the entertainment industry has done more than any other group to vilify self defense and manufacturer the myth of the "evil gun and ...

Like Tree7Likes
  • 5 Post By Spirit51
  • 2 Post By rickohio

Thread: Does anyone else see a "tie in"?

Hollywood and the entertainment industry has done more than any other group to vilify self defense and manufacturer the myth of the "evil gun and gun owners". This article shows what they have promised Obama. What has he promised them?

Obama's Hollywood Palace Guards Pour In Big Bucks

If you're wondering why America's so-called satirists still haven't found the fact that Obama ate a dog funny...

In fact, if you're wondering why no one in Hollywood will satirize Obama in any way whatsoever, this should help to explain a lot:

Priorities USA Action, the SuperPAC run by former White House aides Bill Burton and Sean Sweeney, collected $2.5 million in March, including a $100,000 donation from TV personality Chelsea Handler.

Like her low-rated pals Stewart and Colbert, Handler has a "comedy" show on Comedy Central. You can watch her gush over Obama here.

Here's an even better explanation as to why all of Hollywood pretty much leaves Obama alone even as they mercilessly trash the Right:

Jeffrey Katzenberg is among the top donors to Priorities USA Action, having given $2 million last year in a kind of kickoff to what organizers hoped would raise $100 million this cycle.

From another article:

President Obama's reelection campaign released an updated list of his 2012 campaign fundraisers, including Sony's Michael Lynton and his wife Jamie; Dreamworks' Jeffrey Katzenberg; HBO's Richard Plepler and Weinstein Co.'s Harvey Weinstein.

Also on the list are Kelly Meyer, the wife of Universal's Ron Meyer, and Peter Chernin, the former COO of News Corp. ...

Raising $50,000 to $100,000: Peter Chernin (producer); Margo Lion (Broadway producer); Richard Plepler (HBO co-president); George Stevens (producer).

$100,000-$200,000: Clarence Avant (music mogul); Joseph Calabrese (entertainment attorney); Deepak Chopra (self-help guru); Ari Emanuel (WME Entertainment chief), Giselle Fernandez (TV personality); Chad Griffin (political consultant, incoming president of Human Rights Campaign); Michael Lynton (Sony chief); Kelly Meyer (environmental advocate); Wendy Wanderman (producer) and Mark Gorenberg.

$200,000-$500,000: Eva Longoria (actress); Jamie Alter Lynton (philanthropist).

$500,000 or more: Nicole Avant (former ambassador) and Ted Sarandos (Netflix chief content officer); Colleen Bell (soap opera producer); David Cohen (Comcast exec); John Emerson (Capitol Group executive); Jeffrey Katzenberg (Dreamworks Animation CEO); Mai Lassiter (wife of producer James Lassiter); Noah Mamet (political consultant); James Costos (HBO executive) and Michael Smith (designer); Dana Perlman and Barry Karas (Obama for America LGBT co-chairs); Ken Solomon (Tennis Channel CEO); Andy Spahn (political consultant); Harvey Weinstein (producer); and Anna Wintour (editor).

If you're a cast-member on "Saturday Night Live" and embarrassed by the fact that you've abdicated your comedy responsibility to become shills for Obama, after seeing this list of bigwigs in bed with the President, would you consider risking your career in exchange for a few laughs?

Obama's Hollywood Palace Guards Pour In Big Bucks

I don't know about the rest of you, but I want my entertainers and all in that field to be like "Dancing Bears". Amuse me, but I won't take your advice on my life, my family, my freedom and certainly NOT MY GOVERNMENT.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Why is eating dog funny?

I don't know about the rest of you, but I want my entertainers and all in that field to be like "Dancing Bears". Amuse me, but I won't take your advice on my life, my family, my freedom and certainly NOT MY GOVERNMENT.

I agree with you 100% and feel the same way (life, family, freedom and Not My Government) about bankers, oil companies, hedge fund CEOs, conglomerate owners, and assorted tycoons.

Well said! Are you a Missouri Tiger? Are you anywhere close to Boonville? Just read a book on D. Boone.

Hollywood loves the liberals. I spend about 35 cents a year for Hollywood. That's too much.

What gets me is how these Hollywood Types make these action jackson films with every black gun out there to make their money...........then they are anti-gun all the way......have low opinion of most actors.

Quote Originally Posted by xXxplosive View Post
    What gets me is how these Hollywood Types make these action jackson films with every black gun out there to make their money...........then they are anti-gun all the way......have low opinion of most actors.
    EXACTLY! The movie industry makes more money off gun violence than anyone else, then largely claims to be anti-gun. That's definately having your cake and eating it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    Well said! Are you a Missouri Tiger? Are you anywhere close to Boonville? Just read a book on D. Boone.

Hollywood loves the liberals. I spend about 35 cents a year for Hollywood. That's too much.
    I am a transplanted Jayhawk in Tiger Territory. Not too far from Whitman AFB.

KU Medical Center Alumni (at least that is what they say when they hit me up for money). Spent most my life in Metro Kansas City.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    follow the money

nothing new about that saying. just that it never before in America was it that a mare 1%
    had a say so mightily. though there are a group of 535 very powerful people in this country;
    thought the many that we had a voice in the American Way now finding that the powerful few
    are the puppet masters

----------
    shall we soon to be all walking about naked so as to prove we are not a danger
    (re: original Puppet Masters by RAH)
    --Mayer says no hoodies --its for the children--its already happening...
    Arthritis sucks big-big
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

Lots of the Hollywood folk you mentioned are Jewish. It never ceases to amaze me that someone who's Jewish, with that religion's background and history, would be in favor of gun control....

Al
    "gettin' there is half the fun."

Links