"A Harsh Reminder" or "One moment of inattention could have cost me an eye!"

This is a discussion on "A Harsh Reminder" or "One moment of inattention could have cost me an eye!" within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I live with the reminder every day. It is something we should all be aware of....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: "A Harsh Reminder" or "One moment of inattention could have cost me an eye!"

I live with the reminder every day. It is something we should all be aware of.

2. Remove Ads

I won't stop what I'm doing to answer the phone, to have a conversation, to answer a question, etc. if I'm in the middle of taking a gun apart or putting it back together. Everyone knows that , and leaves me alone.

I was interupted once, and then went back to cleaning a gun, thinking I had cleared the chamber...... it wasn't cleared. I swore that would never happen again... and that's the reason I do what I do.

I almost "dry fired" it , then the thought hit me to check the chamber "one more time" ... so I stopped to check the chamber "one more time" . ..... good thing I did.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

I'm alive today because of safety glasses. Years ago, I was using a railroad spike to split firewood (stupid thing to do). The spike rebounded off the sledge hammer, hit and destroyed the safety glasses, tore through the eyelid, went completely through the eye and lodged in the sinus cavity. Now, I wear a prosthetic eye, but am still kicking. The glasses prevented the spike from entering what little brain I had. Wear them all the time, even if "you don't need them"!!!!!

Senior Member Array CowboyColby's Avatar
    I can't see or hear anything you typed ??????????

Good reminder

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links