Man shoots girlfriend, thinks it was a hog

This is a discussion on Man shoots girlfriend, thinks it was a hog within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Man shoots girlfriend, thinks it was a hog OK, let the jokes begin But same old story. Guy hears rustling leaves. Does not identify targert. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Man shoots girlfriend, thinks it was a hog

OK, let the jokes begin But same old story. Guy hears rustling leaves. Does not identify targert. Shoots girlfriend.
    Man accidentally shoots girlfriend while hunting | News - Home

What I am curious is why do we get so upset when someone OC's does something idiotic but legal and hunters go around killing each other every year. They make the news more than some local yahoo OC'ing and IMO hurts not only gun ownership and 2A rights more but hunters rights.

And I do not know what the girlfriend looked like

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    I get just as upset at something like this. There is no excuse for a hunter to not identify his target.

VIP Member
    Stupid doesn't discriminate.

I know too many hunters who's only interaction with a firearm is to take it out in the woods three or four times a year. They got their gun safety course from their 'diddy', and that's good enough for them. It's why I've cut back on leasing out land to hunters. Unless I've hunted with them and have seen how they handle themselves, the answer is 'no'.
    suntzu, mano3 and bigmacque like this.

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    Stupid doesn't discriminate.

I know too many hunters who's only interaction with a firearm is to take it out in the woods three or four times a year. They got their gun safety course from their 'diddy', and that's good enough for them. It's why I've cut back on leasing out land to hunters. Unless I've hunted with them and have seen how they handle themselves, the answer is 'no'.
    I won't let folks hunt on my land and neither will our neighbors. Some of the old timers don't like it but one hit a house a few years ago. He wasn't contrite about it. He said that no one was hurt so it was not a big deal. He then said he knew nobody was home anyway.
    bigmacque likes this.

"I'm sorry honey, I thought you was the hog."

"Are you tryin' ta say I'm fat?"
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

"Sorry hun, with the fur and tusks an all...you understand, right?"
    "When that gun comes out of that holster; it's business time." -Chris Costa

VIP Member
    Deputies said Steven Egan, 52, and his girlfriend Lisa Simmons were inside a tent when Egan saw a hog. He shot at the hog but wasn't sure if he hit it.
    Being inside a tent and shooting his girlfriend instead of a hog, really makes me wonder??
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Multiple variables, excuses, and stories coming forth no doubt.

Could have set her up for "accidental" shooting becasue he just can't go and shoot her in the proper way.

Consuming alcohol in mass quantities and then playing with live ammuntion and firearms.

Just plain stupid and needs to never be allowed to own and use a firearm or go hunting.

Just a few to start with.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Many a Northern people come down FL, Sun and fun & have NO CLUE what the laws are. In Fl you can hunt hogs all year long on private property butt,,,,NOT AT NIGHT ; ) PS I think it was a accident or he'd shot her in chest JMO
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

Administrator
    His girlfriend has gone to the great sty in the sky and he won't be makin' any more bacon.

VIP Member
    I believe that in an accident such as this one that the shooter should do some prison time.

There are hunting accidents that are true accidents. An example would be a trip and a fall and a bang. Another would be shooting at an actual animal and striking some unseen hunter. But in a case like this one I think it's no accident at all.
    tiwee and Spirit51 like this.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    If you don't know what you are shooting at, how in the heck are you even going to be aiming at the kill zone? People are idiots...
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Administrator
    I had not really intended to make a joke in this thread but, every time I think I've just about "heard it all" some other totally bizarre and pathetic incident erupts into the news that just makes me shake my head in disbelief.
    We are totally surrounded by idiots.
    DontTreadOnI, Spirit51 and mano3 like this.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    I had not really intended to make a joke in this thread but, every time I think I've just about "heard it all" some other totally bizarre and pathetic incident erupts into the news that just makes me shake my head in disbelief.
    We are totally surrounded by idiots.
    Scary, isn't it?
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

OK I can resist no longer.

"Honey, does this tent make me look fat?"
    Crescentstar likes this.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links