What do you do besides gun specific training? - Page 2

What do you do besides gun specific training?

This is a discussion on What do you do besides gun specific training? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by suntzu ... great if you have a body like mine that has had over 20 broken bones and other things. Me and ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: What do you do besides gun specific training?

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    ... great if you have a body like mine that has had over 20 broken bones and other things.
    Me and you both brother!

humm... we need a thread comparing scars, staples, skin grafts, broken bones etc.

I know your pain, I feel your pain...

Ride the bike 12 miles , lift a hour 6 days a week. 55 and feel better than ever!

Administrator
    Don't forget to add hand exercises to your regimen. Absolutely one of the best ways to actually improve your shooting (in general) is to improve your finger, hand, wrist, grip and forearm strength.

The Gripmaster is a great product.

I got started using one when I busted up my support hand and the hospital gave me a LIGHT one.

Start with a LIGHT or possibly a MEDIUM if you already have really decent grip and finger strength. Don't be a hardass and think starting with a HEAVY or Extra Heavy is the ticket. That will be ultimately counter-productive.

Search Ebay for Gripmaster and "lowest Price First" and then pick the seller with the lowest price + Shipping and a good profile rating.

You should be able to find one for about $13 or $14.

I gave away my MEDIUM some time back and have been working with the HEAVY and it's initially very tough at 9# per finger especially with the support side hand.

I watch others doing the exercise, I work up a sweat, crack open a beer and sit in my lazy boy...Life is good...
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Train on the "Double Ended Bag" and "Heavy Bag"........30 min. every day.
    Weight training......100 reps every day.
    Walk between 2 to 4 miles every other day.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links