Shocked and Speechless in Detroit

This is a discussion on Shocked and Speechless in Detroit within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; No amount of words will make this go away... Nearly 300 rapes reported to Detroit Police so far in 2012...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Shocked and Speechless in Detroit

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar

No amount of words will make this go away...

Nearly 300 rapes reported to Detroit Police so far in 2012
    “They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.” - Ben Franklin

NRA Life

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    -
    Shocking...especially for the fact that this type of crime is underreported.
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

Probably others that victim's are too scared to report also....
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    what justice when a judge sends almost naked pictures to a female staff member

Complaint Filed against Judge Accused of Sending Shirtless Photo to Bailiff
    Arthritis sucks big-big
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

Senior Member Array Inspector71's Avatar
    Still can't understand why decent people are still living there. Having a job is one thing, being a victim with a job would not mean a lot to me.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. Because it's in English, thank a vet

QUOTE=Inspector71;2243082]Still can't understand why decent people are still living there. Having a job is one thing, being a victim with a job would not mean a lot to me.[/QUOTE]

Well that's a big part of the problem: decent people aren't living there, at least those that have any choice.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/23/us/23detroit.html[

I heard a news report about the Detroit PD who has over 11,000 rape kits that were never sent in for lab testing. The violent crime of rape is bad enough. Then a woman who actually reports it will suffer through a rape kit test that can take up to 3 hours to complete. To only add injury to insult by never actually doing the proper forensics tests is an abomination.

The report also noted that this is the case in many major metro areas. UGGHH
    DontTreadOnI and Sig 210 like this.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Geez.....Time to get out MCG. I can understand loving a city, but Detroit has become ultra Ghetto....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    escape from Manhattan

was a movie but the death of the large cities, and not just in America--London is another example.
    another 15 years and social demographics will be more defined by hot-beds of crime vs relatively safe locals.

a liberal is someone who has not of themselves or of a family member been hurt by a mugger,
    suffered a 'home invasion' , had a car broke into or stolen-- but what really converts them is when the police
    tell them---choose among the following---they were out on parole, you'll heal, that's what you have insurance for...
    oh, we caught him but he made bail; if i were you id change my phone and credit card numbers and the locks on the house.

...you could join a self-help group (oh, paleeeze...) but there are so many victims that there is a 6 month wait. sorry.
    Arthritis sucks big-big
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

with all the crime in Detroit who would want to go there. What once was a great city is now waste land; the criminals have won

I wonder how many rapes would occur if after being convicted of aggravated rape the offender was surgically castrated.Then again the problem with that could very well be that since Rape is more about "Control" the offender would find other ways to violate the victim,so I guess the best way to make sure they don't re-offend is castrate them just before they get dropped at the gallows with a rope around their neck to break their fall
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    Geez.....Time to get out MCG. I can understand loving a city, but Detroit has become ultra Ghetto....
    I did get out about 25+ yrs ago. Although, I still live in the metro-area and often drive through the city (my folks live on the "other side" of town and I still attend sporting events downtown), I no longer pay their (city) taxes. In fact, the township I currently live in was (statistically speaking) one of the top 10 safest cities in the US about 5 yrs ago. It's still considered "safe", however, ya' never know...
    “They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.” - Ben Franklin

NRA Life

Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    with all the crime in Detroit who would want to go there. What once was a great city is now waste land; the criminals have won
    The criminals/crime are just symptoms of a far greater problem.
    beararms likes this.

NRA Life

Wait until the rest of the illegals get in the country to go along with the criminals here now.........you havent seen anything yet...and the federal government is doing all they can to stop it and the drugs.....geeze
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

Well that's a big part of the problem: decent people aren't living there, at least those that have any choice.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/23/us/23detroit.html
    I cannot agree. I personally don't want to live there, but I do work there and know a number of good people that do live there. Some are even moving into the downtown and midtown areas..there are lofts/apartments being built, and slowly but surely new businesses are opening up. They are building a new Whole Foods just off of Woodward and Mack Ave. Sure, there are plenty of scum in the city and those trapped, but there is also a share of those who want to pretend that it's Chicago where you work, live, and play all in the same area. I Heck, I even know at least two people who live around here but commute to work in the suburbs... I personally prefer Ann Arbor, though.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links