OpticsPlanet.com

This is a discussion on OpticsPlanet.com within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Anyone ever used this company? Looking at scopes and they seem to have some nice prices. Michael...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: OpticsPlanet.com

OpticsPlanet.com

Anyone ever used this company? Looking at scopes and they seem to have some nice prices.

Michael

2. Remove Ads

The two of times I tried to order from them I get the "this item is out of stock" message.
    beararms likes this.

Administrator
    They used to be a forum sponsor. I don't remember what happened with that. The sell on Ebay also or...at least they did and I bought one item from them on Ebay...no problems.
    And I bought a PICO digital projector directly from them which was a real POS but, that wasn't their fault.
    They didn't make it...they only sold me one.
    I should have done some better homework on that useless item before I bought it.
    That was a while back though. Try calling and see if the item you want is actually in stock.

I've done business with them over the years and have had no problems.
    +1 on the "call" they do have items that sell fast and or go on back order without notice on the website.

I need to add that I had no problems cancelling the orders and having my card credited.

I have purchased several items from them, No problems. I got fast shipping and the items were as discribed.

I have ordered from them. I eventually got my item, but it was listed in stock & I ordered and got an "item out of stock" email the next day. It was on night-sights (twice). It seems they list EVERYTHING in stock then have to check with their vendor once the order comes in. I do not think they have a warehouse but are rather a seller for a series of vendors.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

No complaints here. I've bought several items from Optic Planets .com in the past couple of years. Shipping has always been prompt and orders have been filled accurately.

Distinguished Member Array sid1's Avatar
    No problems here picked up a cheap red dot from them

I've had the out of stock message after ordering items that appear to be in stock. No problem cancelling though.

They do have pretty good prices. If you're going to order from them and need or want the items soon, I suggest you call or email to confirm that they have it in stock.

I've made purchases from them of and on throughout the years with no problems. They do have some very good prices at times. Once you deal with them you will be on their mailing list and be getting eMails regularly.
    Steve
    An armed society is a polite society

Sponsor
    My one experience with Optics Planet was less than perfect though it all worked out in the end. I ordered a set of Millett, 35mm low mount scope rings for a weaver rail. I got the "Out of stock" email the next day. I waited several weeks and called OP to ask if they could estimate delivery. They had no idea at all when they would be available.

I asked if they had any other rings in stock that met my criteria; 35mm, low rise, weaver mount. The guy said they had the Vortex rings in that configuration, so I changed the order to them at about 3 times the price of the Millett rings.

The rings arrived very quickly and When I attempted to mount them I found that they were Picatinny mounts. I called OP back and was informed that Vortex did not make weaver base rings and that it was a mistake on the part of the CS rep that I originally spoke to. The did give me a good discount on a Pic rail for my Remy 700 SA.

So, as I said I got what I needed in the end even though it was at a much higher cost and a very long process.

I would check to see if SWFA.com had what I want before I dealt with Optics Planet again.
    T*A*N*S*T*A*A*F*L
    The best things in life are not free.
    They are paid for with the blood of brave men and women!
    M&P Forum
    Ohioans For Concealed Carry
    Holsters

VIP Member
    IIRC I used them once and it was OK. No problems.
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar
    The main problem, as mentioned above, is that not everything they list is really in stock. I've ordered a number of things from them, though, and their prices are good and shipping is pretty fast. You might want to call first to confirm that they have what you want.
    “What is a moderate interpretation of [the Constitution]? Halfway between what it says and [...] what you want it to say?” —Justice Antonin Scalia

SIG: P220R SS Elite SAO, P220R SAO, P220R Carry, P226R Navy, P226, P239/.40S&W, P2022/.40S&W; GSR 5", P6.

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    I have ordered multiple times, they do list out of stock items but it wasa short wait. Customer service is exellent and they are afast shipper.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links