Are all PETA's anti-gunners? - Page 2

Are all PETA's anti-gunners?

This is a discussion on Are all PETA's anti-gunners? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by phreddy Those people hunting for themselves is what caused many animal populations to decline or dissappear. Too many people took whatever animals ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 22 of 22
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Are all PETA's anti-gunners?

  1. #16
    VIP Member Array suntzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    TX/NH
    Posts
    6,005
    Quote Originally Posted by phreddy View Post
    Those people hunting for themselves is what caused many animal populations to decline or dissappear. Too many people took whatever animals they could and sold the parts that they could make a quick buck off of. You may not want to trophy hunt, but it provides food and jobs while protecting species. You don't buy your car to give an auto worker a job, but because you buy a car an auto worker can provide for his family. Check out SCI and the Wild Turkey Federation.

    I know many hunters who do have the species' interest in mind. QDMA programs use biology to determine how many deer can live in an area. Quotas are calculated every year solely to maintain the herd.

    Hunter conservation groups have done more for animal populations than PETA ever will.
    ]Dude, I am talking in general. I am talking about the average hunter who likes to go hunt. If you want to continue this fine. I know there are groups out there that do good. I do not know why you are trying to convince me of something. And I have no clue why you feel like you had to say
    Hunter conservation groups have done more for animal populations than PETA ever will
    . Like I have been defending PETA. I said they were radical.


  2. #17
    Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Spartanburg, SC
    Posts
    1,971
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    ]Dude, I am talking in general. I am talking about the average hunter who likes to go hunt. If you want to continue this fine. I know there are groups out there that do good. I do not know why you are trying to convince me of something. And I have no clue why you feel like you had to say . Like I have been defending PETA. I said they were radical.
    In post number 10 you said you agreed with a lot of what PETA does. You also said you were against trophy hunting. My posts were in response.

  3. #18
    VIP Member Array suntzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    TX/NH
    Posts
    6,005
    Quote Originally Posted by phreddy View Post
    In post number 10 you said you agreed with a lot of what PETA does. You also said you were against trophy hunting. My posts were in response.
    Whatever, you win ok. Here is what I said. Because I agree with some thing a group does , does not mean I agree with everything. Did you not notice my use of the word fanatical. Or did that just slip by you. And I said I am against trophy hunting. Where have I deviated from that? Is that when I said let the locals fend for themselves. Don't try to play lawyer ok. You darn well know meant that with the intent that they hunt for food.

    I agree with a lot of PETA but like everything else that can be good they have turned fanatical.
    Dang. Everybody is a lawyer these days on these forums. I feel sometimes one needs to write a 10 page essay so everybody can understad. You darn well knew what my feeling are toward hunting. Next time find someone else to play with.

  4. #19
    Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Spartanburg, SC
    Posts
    1,971
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Whatever, you win ok. Here is what I said. Because I agree with some thing a group does , does not mean I agree with everything. Did you not notice my use of the word fanatical. Or did that just slip by you. And I said I am against trophy hunting. Where have I deviated from that? Is that when I said let the locals fend for themselves. Don't try to play lawyer ok. You darn well know meant that with the intent that they hunt for food.


    Dang. Everybody is a lawyer these days on these forums. I feel sometimes one needs to write a 10 page essay so everybody can understad. You darn well knew what my feeling are toward hunting. Next time find someone else to play with.
    Not trying to be a lwayer I was just presenting opposing opinions. I thought that was what a forum is designed for.

  5. #20
    VIP Member Array suntzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    TX/NH
    Posts
    6,005
    Quote Originally Posted by phreddy View Post
    Not trying to be a lwayer I was just presenting opposing opinions. I thought that was what a forum is designed for.
    You are correct. I like opposing opinions. I learn from them. But when you reference something I said (like my post 10) would it not be nice and accurate for all involved to include my entire sentiment toward PETA. Not just the part you felt like quoting. I expect that from MSNBC and FOX. I stand by my words. If you want to use them, do not use them out of context. some folks do not read the entire thread and would just take your statement as my entire view on an organization

    Makes sense

  6. #21
    Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Spartanburg, SC
    Posts
    1,971
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    You are correct. I like opposing opinions. I learn from them. But when you reference something I said (like my post 10) would it not be nice and accurate for all involved to include my entire sentiment toward PETA. Not just the part you felt like quoting. I expect that from MSNBC and FOX. I stand by my words. If you want to use them, do not use them out of context. some folks do not read the entire thread and would just take your statement as my entire view on an organization

    Makes sense
    I do not know how to quote two different posts in one of mine. I did not intend to mispresent your words or twist them.. I paraphrased the part I was responding to. I did completely quote your post earlier when I responded to it intially.

    I believe that groups like SCI and the Wild Turkey Federation do a lot of good in animal conservation. I believe that most of what PETA does is counterproductive.

  7. #22
    VIP Member Array Harryball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Lansing Mi
    Posts
    7,732
    Peta= stupid...Nuff said...
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

    Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

anti peta

,

anti-peta humor

,

hoa much money does aarp give peta

,

how could a hunting rifle help peta

,

smith and wesson supports peta

Click on a term to search for related topics.