Sign in Walmart...huh?

This is a discussion on Sign in Walmart...huh? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Saw this sign posted on the ammo cabinet at Walmart while picking up some ammo. I read it twice and still don't get it. Anyone ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Sign in Walmart...huh?

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar

Sign in Walmart...huh?

Saw this sign posted on the ammo cabinet at Walmart while picking up some ammo. I read it twice and still don't get it.

Anyone want to take a crack at it?

Walmart sign.jpg
    “They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.” - Ben Franklin

NRA Life

2. Remove Ads

Standardization of walmart policy across the states. Welcome to Detroit, California.
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined." -Obligatory Founding Father Quote

It would appear that the phrases cancel each other out. My best bet is that a moron tried to sound smart.

"You may be liable for damages caused by a minor if they gained possession of your firearm due to unlawful storage."

Which leads me to ask, there is such a thing as unlawful storage?
    nightshift and tkruf like this.

VIP Member
    I do believe only a lawyer could understand that one.
    goldshellback likes this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Quote Originally Posted by tubadude View Post
    My best bet is that a moron tried to sound smart.
    Seriously that sign is posted in every gun shop in California. The same geniuses that wrote the law probably wrote the sign.

It's lawyer speak for "if a kid grabs your straps (still in CA mind you) and they didn't steal them, and they shoot someone, it's your fault."
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined." -Obligatory Founding Father Quote

VIP Member
    When you purchase a gun in North Carolina I have always received a paper with it worded as such by the FFL dealer...
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."*
    -Thomas Jefferson
    "The Constitution shall never be construed ... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."**
    -Samuel Adams

getting it lawfully, if it's unlawfully stored..... doesn't make sense to me.

When I was 11-12 yrs old, I was going into the store and buying my ammo myself. .... shows what liberties have been lost.
    Cook74, JDE101 and msgt/ret like this.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    getting it lawfully, if it's unlawfully stored..... doesn't make sense to me.
    I believe I understand part of it.

"Getting it lawfully" -- Would be your child under 18 accesses your weapon -- This would be lawfully since they live with you.

"Unlawfully stored" -- This I do not understand. I am not aware of a law that mandates how to store a weapon. Unless it means that you have to store any weapons so that your underage children would not be able to access them in any manner. Again, I do not understand that one. Does anyone know of a federal law or a law in their state that mandates lawful storage of a weapon?
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

VIP Member
    In NC if a child accesses ur weapon and someone gets hurt or killed by his actions NC law will hold you responsible
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."*
    -Thomas Jefferson
    "The Constitution shall never be construed ... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."**
    -Samuel Adams

VIP Member
    In some states there are specific provisions for the storage of firearms. Hence the term lawful storage.

If you gun is sitting on the shelf in the closet, unlawful storage, and the child gets ahold of it you are responsible for whatever happens afterwords.

Plain and simple lock them up and keep them locked up until you are ready to carry them.
    HotGuns likes this.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

sgb
    It's a Walmart sign, Walmart were the average IQ is what? 65?
    RichB70 and carracer like this.
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    You should have asked an employee what the sign meant... just to see what he would say.
    rammerjammer and carracer like this.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

I remember when I was around 12 years old and I had saved enough money to go up to Western Auto to get a box of .22 shorts that my Grandpa and I could shoot up in the back yard. Yes, we have lost many freedoms in the past fifty years.

Vv

It's saying you're responsible for keeping your guns and ammo out of the hands of kids.
    tacman605 likes this.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by varob View Post
    It's saying you're responsible for keeping your guns and ammo out of the hands of kids.
    We know, but look at the wording :)
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links