Cookware can be deadly

Cookware can be deadly

This is a discussion on Cookware can be deadly within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Young man defends his sister. Man hit, killed with skillet, no charges filed Knoxville News Sentinel...

Like Tree8Likes
  • 2 Post By Yoda
  • 1 Post By msgt/ret
  • 1 Post By Inspector71
  • 1 Post By barstoolguru
  • 1 Post By Spirit51
  • 2 Post By mlr1m

Thread: Cookware can be deadly

Cookware can be deadly

Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.
    Jeff Cooper

My wife is deadly with a skillet..
    gunthorp and dukalmighty like this.
    Yoda, I am, yes.

VIP Member
    Wonder if it was one of those cast iron assault skillets and if he used a backhand or forehand stroke, either way good job on defending his sister.
    JoJoGunn likes this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Senior Member Array Inspector71's Avatar
    Bet it was a lodge 14 calib.........er, ouncer!
    msgt/ret likes this.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. Because it's in English, thank a vet

Depends on the "cook" too. The contents of that skillet could have been just as deadly if not properly prepared.

All kidding aside, you have to use what is available if you don't have a firearm. I could name a dozen or more kitchen utensils that could be employed as a deadly weapon.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

And to think we spend thousands of dollars on the best firearms and get into heated arguments over what is the best ammo just to be out done by a 15.00 frying pan
    Spirit51 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    And to think we spend thousands of dollars on the best firearms and get into heated arguments over what is the best ammo just to be out done by a 15.00 frying pan
    Yeah, but now comes the cast-iron/aluminum/copper/steel debate.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Cast iron skillet may work, but it would be impossible for me to put one in my jeans pocket. I'll stick with my LCP and SP101.

Now we come to the debate. Cast iron skillet visa Wooden Rolling Pin.
    barstoolguru likes this.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

They need to put a warning sticker on them like ladders “can be hazardous to your health"

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit51 View Post
    Cast iron skillet may work, but it would be impossible for me to put one in my jeans pocket. I'll stick with my LCP and SP101.

Now we come to the debate. Cast iron skillet visa Wooden Rolling Pin.
    Now you're talking shotgun vs. carbine.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

VIP Member
    I knew a man whose wife periodically took the pan to him. It did no good.
    He had a regular comedy routine about her he could have used in a nightclub act and he
    wouldn't stop. Somehow he couldn't figure out that the pain in his head was being caused by
    his big mouth.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    My wife is deadly with a skillet..
    I think I was married to her sister
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    Wonder if it was one of those cast iron assault skillets and if he used a backhand or forehand stroke, either way good job on defending his sister.
    This is the first thing that came to my mind as well. I equate the cast iron skillets that I prefer to be the equivalent of the good old fashioned 1911 that I carry while cooking with cast iron skillets. Both cast Iron skillets and 1911 offer plenty of knock down power but do have the disadvantage of a bit extra weight. I have seen a near miss with a cast iron skillet cause the intended target to soil their pants much the way the sight of a 1911 will do to offenders.

Now modern cookware much like Glocks offer much less knockdown power but make up for it by being cheaper and easier to carry. Yes you can carry more of these cheap aluminum skillets on you but with cast you only need the one.

I have been thinking about making a video showing the difference in stoping power between cast skillets (1911) and the new fangled cheap skillets (Glocks) like are currently popular on the home shopping network. Got to round up some pigs heads first.

EDIT: Does the added velocity of the smaller 6" aluminum skillet make up for much slower but heavier mass of the larger cast iron skillet? The cast Iron does not expand but then again it doesn't need to.

Michael
    msgt/ret and Hopyard like this.

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I think I was married to her sister
    When she cooks beans we also have the tear gas option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yoda, I am, yes.

Sponsored Links