Blind Golden Retriever Gets Seeing-Eye Dog! Your Feel Good Story Of The Day!

This is a discussion on Blind Golden Retriever Gets Seeing-Eye Dog! Your Feel Good Story Of The Day! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; A blind golden retriever with epilepsy is getting a new leash on life in the U.S. after befriending a fellow canine that serves as a ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By GunnyBunny
  • 2 Post By Rock and Glock
  • 1 Post By GunnyBunny

Thread: Blind Golden Retriever Gets Seeing-Eye Dog! Your Feel Good Story Of The Day!

VIP Member

Smile Blind Golden Retriever Gets Seeing-Eye Dog! Your Feel Good Story Of The Day!

A blind golden retriever with epilepsy is getting a new leash on life in the U.S. after befriending a fellow canine that serves as a seeing-eye dog.

Life for two-year-old Tanner was fairly bleak. The dog was born without the ability to see and suffered from seizures that caused him to lose control of his bodily functions.

However, that has all changed, thanks to Blair. The stray dog was brought to the Woodland West Animal Hospital in Tulsa, Okla., and now leads Tanner around by taking hold of a leash.

Officials with the animal hospital also say Tanner's seizures have been reduced thanks to the canine friendship.

Blair and Tanner are now up for adoption, hopefully as a package.

Video in the link without audio, after the annoying mandatory commercial.....................

Blind golden retriever gets seeing-eye dog - CBC News
    Spirit51 and OD* like this.
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

2. Remove Ads

That is really tugging at the old heart strings. I hope they find a forever home TOGETHER soon. Just shows compassion is not just a human trait.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

The Animal Hospital should make it a requirement they are a team.
    Spirit51 and OD* like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    The Animal Hospital should make it a requirement they are a team.
    Yep, splitting them up would be a crime.
    OD* likes this.
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

I know I will get beat up for this but here goes. While I did get a lump in my throat while watching this for the first time on the news today I would never have allowed this to happen. I would have put the animal down just as soon as I determined after birth that it was blind. I suppose that determining which would be more merciful, putting it down or allowing it to live is up to each individual.

Michael

Links